Is Rick Perry Dumb?

Hey Conservatives! A couple of questions, if you please.

Why the contempt for intellect? You championed George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Michelle Bachmann and now Rick Perry. None of these folks can be considered a deep, intellectual thinker who is naturally curious and willing to consider other view points. When we did elect an anti-intellectual (Bush 43) things did not turn out well. Why try it again?

And Mr. Super-intellectual Obama turned out so much better? You know, the guy who told us we were all "bitter clingers" hanging on to our bibles and guns cause we're not smart like he is? Shit, man, I'd LOVE to have my life during the Bush years back. I was making vastly better money and I didn't have to worry about every dip in the dow...

Why the mistrust of science? Science has shown that we can harm our planet by polluting, yet you dismiss the science. Why? I'm guessing that such findings might cut into the profits of private corporations. This further allows me to conclude that, by this reasoning, profits are more important than health. Science shows that mankind was not deposited on this planet wholly formed and developed, but evolved through the ages. Why dismiss this science? My guess is that such science insults your notion that God created mankind as he appears today.

Actually, what I dismiss is scientific scares to try to get more government into my life, and then they admit that OOOOOPs, our science was flawed. Remember when they canned Saccarhin? Caused Cancer in mice if you fed the mouse an equivlent of a human eating a brick of it every day. Alar? The supposed Glaciers that were going to come down on us in the 1970's.

Incidently, I'm an atheist, so no, I'm not insulted, just tired of oppurtunists in lab coats trying to get into my wallet.

Why do you avoid the tried and true American political tradition of compromise? The very constitution we all venerate was born from compromise. Yet your contemporary politics shows clearly that petulance trumps accomplishment and stubbornness is valued over co-operation.

Again, go back and talk to the Worst Affirmative Action Hire Ever when he said that Republicans should "Ride on the back of the bus now" because he had control of Congress. He wasn't interested in comprimise...

The government does not redistribute wealth from the standpoint of taking money from one and giving it to another

When government uses it's power, as Perry and most other politicians these days do, to manipulate people and business with ad hoc tax rates, tax credits, incentives, mandates, special regulatory exemptions, etc, etc, it is most certainly redistributing wealth.

Yes it is

But notice that money is not taken directly from one and given to another. The rules os the game are changed and Perry, as the referee, keeps calling fouls on the Texas workers as he allows big business to do as they please

I'm trying to gather information about Perry since I might consider voting for him in 2012 if he is the nominee. (That is, if I vote.) So I asked my Republican friend what he thought of Perry. His reply was "He's kind of dumb. He says dumb things."

FWIW.

Forum List

Back