Is Rick Perry Dumb?

So if he was able to achieve great success by using government funds to create jobs in his state at a much greater rate than any other state.....then I assume the other 49 governors must be total morons.

I mean...they didnt perform nearly as well as the "dumb guy"

Correct?

The other 49 states don't have oil fields and defense companies in their backyards. Look Perry may have been smart enough not to refuse government contracts but anything not dealing with those industries directly is in dismal shape.

I followed George W. Bush's campaign very closely..and I have to tell you..Bush was a likable guy. Even if you hated everything about conservatives and republicans it's hard not to like Bush. He was quick witted, very charming and he didn't have a racist or bigotted bone in his body. He came off very well in public and in debates. It was the "aw shucks, maybe not the brightest guy in the room" sort of thing that even the most jaded are drawn too. Perry has none of that.

So, are you saying that the bottom line deciding factor in Presidential elections is charisma?

Ask Walter Mondale or Mike Dukakis

So if he was able to achieve great success by using government funds to create jobs in his state at a much greater rate than any other state.....then I assume the other 49 governors must be total morons.

I mean...they didnt perform nearly as well as the "dumb guy"

Correct?

The other 49 states don't have oil fields and defense companies in their backyards. Look Perry may have been smart enough not to refuse government contracts but anything not dealing with those industries directly is in dismal shape.

I followed George W. Bush's campaign very closely..and I have to tell you..Bush was a likable guy. Even if you hated everything about conservatives and republicans it's hard not to like Bush. He was quick witted, very charming and he didn't have a racist or bigotted bone in his body. He came off very well in public and in debates. It was the "aw shucks, maybe not the brightest guy in the room" sort of thing that even the most jaded are drawn too. Perry has none of that.

So, are you saying that the bottom line deciding factor in Presidential elections is charisma?

Bottom line? No.

Big part? Yes.

Although George W. Bush didn't take the general in 2000, he came pretty damned close. And considering Clinton's record..it should have been a walk in the park for Gore.

A very major part of that was the lack of charisma from Gore..and an abundance of it in Bush.

Bottom line? No.

Big part? Yes.

Although George W. Bush didn't take the general in 2000, he came pretty damned close. And considering Clinton's record..it should have been a walk in the park for Gore.

A very major part of that was the lack of charisma from Gore..and an abundance of it in Bush.

Agree. Thanks for answering.
IF Perry cultivates more of the 'charisma' factor, look out.

Bottom line? No.

Big part? Yes.

I think in addition to charisma, you have to look and act "presidential". You have to meet a vague standard of what a president should look and act like

People have to say...."I could envision that person as president"

Ask Walter Mondale or Mike Dukakis

Oh come on... Dukakis in that oversized Darth Vader helmet? SHit.. that was magic.

Bottom line? No.

Big part? Yes.

A lib telling conservatives that GeeDub has charisma.....

Is there no lower a level that you can explore?

Is Rick Perry dumb? - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Strip away the euphemisms and Rick Perry is confronting an unavoidable question: Is he dumb — or just “misunderestimated?”

Doubts about Perry’s intellect have hounded him since he was first elected as a state legislator nearly three decades ago. In Austin, he’s been derided as a right-place, right-time pol who looks the part but isn’t so deep — “Gov. Goodhair.” Now, with the chatter picking back up among his enemies and taking flight in elite Republican circles, the rap threatens to follow him to the national stage.

“He’s like Bush only without the brains,” cracked one former Republican governor who knows Perry, repeating a joke that has made the rounds.

Read more: Is Rick Perry dumb? - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Not sure about Perry, But Clearly that Reporter is, and because you made this post I think we can all assume you are too.

Don't you Liberals ever get tired of recycling the same old arrogant, condescending attacks? Do you not understand that part of the Reason why your Power is declining so fast is precisely because you guys constantly say that pretty much anyone who does not see things your way is Dumb? Don't you get that when you ask if Perry is Dumb. That most Americans see through you BS, and understand you are asking because you are a bigot. A Bigot who thinks anyone who is Is Religious, and speaks with a southern Accent is stupid. Don't you get it, You are by extension calling like Half of Americans Dumb.

Not sure why I am asking, because I hope you never learn. As long as you keep acting like Condescending, Arrogant asshole your power will only continue to dwindle to Nothing.

Bottom line? No.

Big part? Yes.

Wasn't even Charisma, so the lib is wrong again.

Bush seemed Presidential. Gore seemed like an immature, arrogant prick. Period.

Bottom line? No.

Big part? Yes.

Perry needs to slow down on the blast/shock rhetoric--take his time--slow it done. When listening to him speak--he acts like all Americans pay attention to politics and they don't. It is a minut minority of Americans that do. He gets caught blasting like the Fed Chairman without explanation--leaving a lot of people scratching their heads.

Bottom line? No.

Big part? Yes.

Al Gore was referred to often as being to stiff of a character. No HUMOR--what-so-ever.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ354DksO64]Rick Perry Has a George Bush Moment - YouTube[/ame]

Rick Perry Has a George Bush Moment - YouTube

Watching this I was left with the same gut feeling I always had with Bush; that he's really not stupid, but just feigns the 'aw shucks' bewilderment as a smokescreen to duck questions he doesn't want to answer. But it's hard to say for sure. It could be a combination of the two - he's not that bright and has learned to use his confusion as a tool of sorts to navigate sticky situations.

It also reminds me of Ali's 'ropey dope'. For those of you who aren't boxing fans, or are too young to remember, Muhammad Ali developed a controversial boxing technique in his later years that was actually very effective, if less than impressive. As a fight wore on, he would back up against the ropes lining the boxing ring, lean back against them and guard his face with his gloves to block his opponent's punches. The ropes gave him enough cushion that he could take repeated blows without much impact. The net effect of this was to wear down his opponents, goading them in to wasting their energy on low-scoring punches. When the moment seemed right, Ali would return to a more offensive posture, often scoring a knockout to the fatigued boxer.

The amazing thing is how many fighters would fall for it. Bearing down and beating away at the champ while he just lazily leaned back against that ropes. Reporters, with Bush at least, seemed all too willing to play a similar game - letting themselves become distracted and preoccupied with attacking Bush's gaffs and apparent stupidity, while he and his administration implemented a radical policy agenda with barely a whimper from the press.

I'd like to think the press, and the voters for that matter, have learned their lesson, but I'm certainly not counting on it.

Strip away the euphemisms and Rick Perry is confronting an unavoidable question: Is he dumb — or just “misunderestimated?”

Doubts about Perry’s intellect have hounded him since he was first elected as a state legislator nearly three decades ago. In Austin, he’s been derided as a right-place, right-time pol who looks the part but isn’t so deep — “Gov. Goodhair.” Now, with the chatter picking back up among his enemies and taking flight in elite Republican circles, the rap threatens to follow him to the national stage.

“He’s like Bush only without the brains,” cracked one former Republican governor who knows Perry, repeating a joke that has made the rounds.

I don't know. Are you?

Obama is the poster child for what an educated idiot looks like: "When you lead according theoretical ideals, instead of practical common sense solutions" .

yeah..and now he briongs another academci into the fold to run his finance team.

He just doesnt get it.

You need to think like a business owner to be able to anticipate what a business owner will do.

You mean like this Republican?

Jeffrey R. Immelt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let the Demonization begin!! :lol:

Immelt is no Republican- He's an in the tank liberal-on all issues including health care. That his bio on Wiki says he's a republican means squat.

Isn't the internet wonderful, here are some golden oldies from Obama....see it's not just idiot Republicans that make really stupid mistakes when talking to large groups of people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxXh6ZWfbDg&feature=related]Obama's funniest bloopers! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg9hIB66x9M&feature=related]A HUGE Obama Gaffe - He is Caugh LYING About his Uncle! - YouTube[/ame]

Bottom line? No.

Big part? Yes.

And this is kinda of a tipping point.

When ideology cannot be separated from clear concise analysis.

:lol:

....see it's not just idiot Republicans that make really stupid mistakes when talking to large groups of people.

I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. The point I was making is that these aren't 'stupid mistakes'. Perry knew damned well that the interviewer was asking him why the abstinence education wasn't working - but instead he feigned ignorance and focused on a different question: whether or not abstinence itself works. I don't think Bush, or Perry, are overly intelligent. But neither are they stupid. The 'gee, golly' dipshit act is ruse to avoid answering difficult questions without sounding dismissive.

Strange.

Perry has been in politics for 30 years, and he is suddenly losing IQ points because he is running against the ONE.

Forum List

Back