Is Modesty Relevant

bullcrap! Ever meet Brazilian women who flirt? Other cultures have a more mature (not much, but more) outlook on sexuality. I've seen American men take the flirting of women from other cultures the wrong way and get into big trouble. As I often say on boards I am on, people give away so much about themselves through projection.

Somebody can behave badly (subjective term if there ever was one) around me and I can respond in a fashion that meets my immature emotional demands, or I can choose to overlook their silliness and respond as a mature individual. Or I can totally ignore them.

question: Why pay attention in the first place? Why pay attention to somebody else who is seeking attention and who you do not know?

I bow before your infinite wisdom.

Some people can live with a shallow relationship. There are those who are interested merely in the "zipless f**k." But I tend to believe that most of us interested in a lot more. What's the fun of someone leaving after a one night stand? Don't tell me that there isn't some emotion that goes with sex.

Most definately humans desire that so called--soul mate. Does that condemn them to chastity until that person is found and after that person is found ?

question: Why pay attention in the first place? Why pay attention to somebody else who is seeking attention and who you do not know?

oh, i'll go out on a limb and say because we humans like attention DevNell

and hey, in todays anyonomous society where we live right next to people we hardly know, or hardly take the time to know, i don't see attracting it any sort of sin

DevNEll...question: Why pay attention in the first place? Why pay attention to somebody else who is seeking attention and who you do not know?

and hey, in todays anyonomous society where we live right next to people we hardly know, or hardly take the time to know, i don't see attracting it any sort of sin

Your limb is weakening. Of course people want attention, we are social animals. This is so funny because it reminds me of abortion threa where many folks who are anti-choice argue that we are above other animals or even that we are not animals...our lives have more value than the lives of other animals because we are different. Yet here we see that when you change the subject it is possible to change how people view the human race.

hmmm, we may be onto an old argument I've used before in a battle over abortion.

pardon the digression....

I guess I always had a neighborhood mentality so it is difficult to view neighbors and acquaintances as objects. I am not even anonymous on the internet (for the most part). I'm alone but not really lonely.

It is said that it is horrible for people to be involved with others yet feel lonely, or feel all alone while in relationships. I am an odd duck, but a contented one.

there is something that caught my eye. here is what you say about yourself...in your own words:

About sparky

Biography
reclusive iconoclast

Interests
survival

Occupation
sparkin' up the world

I am having difficulty squaring the profile of the above sparky, with teh above post. Maybe it's me projecting?

:lol:

Some people can live with a shallow relationship. There are those who are interested merely in the "zipless f**k." But I tend to believe that most of us interested in a lot more. What's the fun of someone leaving after a one night stand? Don't tell me that there isn't some emotion that goes with sex.
Haha, that part I put in bold dates you.
Somewhere in the late 60's early 70's.

Most definately humans desire that so called--soul mate. Does that condemn them to chastity until that person is found and after that person is found ?

No, not at all. But heck, let's be a little discreet about it. Part of the reason, sex is so pleasurable is because it is somewhat "forbidden." Hey, if everybody was giving it away for it free, would it be as much fun?

No, not at all. But heck, let's be a little discreet about it. Part of the reason, sex is so pleasurable is because it is somewhat "forbidden." Hey, if everybody was giving it away for it free, would it be as much fun?

I've no idea but I'm prepared to take part in a focus group.

exactly-----but you have to be a little sophisticated or mature to play along with that taboo don't ya think? If women went topless 24/7 I'm sure men would cease to be so obssessed by them. Besides------some don't hold up like playboy would have one believe. :lol:

Forum List

Back