Is Major Jihadi a poster boy for profiling?

I know the military doesn't vet prospective soldiers in the same way the FBI, the CIA, etc. vets their own prospective federal agents, no thorough background checks and interviewing neighbors, relatives, etc.

They did with my daughter for her security clearance (went as far back as interviewing her teachers from Jr High).

Wouldn't an officer have to undergo a security clearance as well?
I don't think so but maybe someone with military experience can answer that.

I'm not sure if an officer automatically has to have a security clearance. The girlfriend may be joining the Navy Nurse Corps as an officer and she was told she would need one.

But that might be because she'd be privy to medical records.

I was enlisted and had to go through a top secret clearance, they dug back to my EARLY childhood.

They did with my daughter for her security clearance (went as far back as interviewing her teachers from Jr High).

I'm not sure if an officer automatically has to have a security clearance. The girlfriend may be joining the Navy Nurse Corps as an officer and she was told she would need one.

I was enlisted and had to go through a top secret clearance, they dug back to my EARLY childhood.
Then I would imagine that a doctor, which this idiot was, would also need a security clearance.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Then I would imagine that a doctor, which this idiot was, would also need a security clearance.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Definitely. There's no way he'd be a Doctor without having at least obtained a "Secret" level clearance. There's only 3 levels, and Secret is number 2. It's not a whole lot less involved than the Top.

Like I said, they DUG. I'm talking blacked out suburbans pulling up to my neighbors' houses where I grew up and suits asking around about me. I heard about it all when I came home.

The process takes up to, and sometimes more than, 1 year.

Whatever the FBI found on him in their investigation wasn't enough to prevent him (with their background check) from buying the guns he used in the attack.

Are you a friggin' librul or something? You actually want to infringe on his Second Amendment rights??? BITCH!

Just imagine being in the military wondering if the muslims are simply waiting to shoot you in the back....

Curiouser and curiouser.

Definitely. There's no way he'd be a Doctor without having at least obtained a "Secret" level clearance. There's only 3 levels, and Secret is number 2. It's not a whole lot less involved than the Top.

Like I said, they DUG. I'm talking blacked out suburbans pulling up to my neighbors' houses where I grew up and suits asking around about me. I heard about it all when I came home.

I believe you, I have a brother-in-law that is a federal agent. They found out what kind of underwear he wore as a kid...someone screwed something up badly or there is some big piece of the puzzle missing.

Its called PC my friend. What did General Gates say? "We must protect the diversity in the Army." Oh yeah. Lets not go after someone because he's a Muslim. Might be accused of being a racist. Doesn't seem to matter what his conduct is like. PC at its best. If Nidal had been a plain white American boy or a Jew or African American he would have been questioned and investigated big time. This guy, Muslim, not in this PC age.

So, you think people need to be investigated JUST because they are Muslim?

I know the military doesn't vet prospective soldiers in the same way the FBI, the CIA, etc. vets their own prospective federal agents, no thorough background checks and interviewing neighbors, relatives, etc.

Yes...we have to go thru a multitude of security clearances. But, I am not quite sure how many a Med Corps officer would go thru. I don't think he had any need for Classified Need to Know.

Whatever the FBI found on him in their investigation wasn't enough to prevent him (with their background check) from buying the guns he used in the attack.

Are you a friggin' librul or something? You actually want to infringe on his Second Amendment rights??? BITCH!

Just imagine being in the military wondering if the muslims are simply waiting to shoot you in the back....

And being armed....

Curiouser and curiouser.

I believe you, I have a brother-in-law that is a federal agent. They found out what kind of underwear he wore as a kid...someone screwed something up badly or there is some big piece of the puzzle missing.
Like I said earlier I don't really know much about the story, I'm tired of hearing bad news.

But there's no way he was in some kind of terrorist cell while he was being investigated for a security clearance, it would be impossible that the investigators wouldn't have uncovered at least SOMETHING fishy. If this guy really was acting for a terror org, he joined up with them well after he already had a clearance.

Why can't it just be a random crazy guy that finally lost his mind?

Oh right, the Muslim thing.. :rolleyes:

Like I said earlier I don't really know much about the story, I'm tired of hearing bad news.

But there's no way he was in some kind of terrorist cell while he was being investigated for a security clearance, it would be impossible that the investigators wouldn't have uncovered at least SOMETHING fishy. If this guy really was acting for a terror org, he joined up with them well after he already had a clearance.

Yes...the Muslim thing.

Yes...we have to go thru a multitude of security clearances. But, I am not quite sure how many a Med Corps officer would go thru. I don't think he had any need for Classified Need to Know.
I don't really understand what you mean by "how many". There are 3 levels of security clearance: Confidential-Secret-Top Secret

You get additional classification for things like compartmentalized info and all, but the main point is that this man indeed DID go through at the very least, a Secret level security clearance to be a Doctor in the military. That is a fact.

That fact alone means that his entire life was extremely scrutinized, and I speak from personal experience.

:lol: Now you sound like a liberal.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but seriously, how was this guy not profiled just a little bit more?

Is there a reason why the military apparently doesn't profile? Or if they do they suck at it (which would be another topic entirely).

I know some people will blame the pc police. But I don't really buy that. Sure, if Major Jihadi had been discharged based on sound judgement, pc officers like Ravi and Anguille would vilify the decision and say it's discrimination, blah blah blah. But I never took the US military to give a rat's ass about the jabberwocky of pc clowns.

But back to the questions at hand. Is Major Jihadi a poster boy for profiling? Why doesn't the military profile more? Do you think they will profile more now?

His behavior should have warranted a deeper investigation yet reverse profiling seems to have nixed that.

Yeah, a righty that's willing to recognize that not every single muslim on the planet is a terrorist. I'm probably worth money or something :lol:

And let's not forget, once you have a clearance it's not like they pat you on the head and leave you alone for the rest of your life. There are periodic reviews done on all those that hold a clearance. They still keep a close eye on you.

Yeah, a righty that's willing to recognize that not every single muslim on the planet is a terrorist. I'm probably worth money or something :lol:

And let's not forget, once you have a clearance it's not like they pat you on the head and leave you alone for the rest of your life. There are periodic reviews done on all those that hold a clearance. They still keep a close eye on you.
So then...it sounds more and more likely he just snapped and used his religion as a way to justify his actions to himself.

Perhaps the military should take a closer look at making the mental health care givers get mental health care themselves on a regular basis.

Poor guy was just misunderstood. Clearly, this is Bush's fault.

On a related note, how many lap dances does it take to become a devout Muslim?

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah...let's blame Bush some more....

To answer your question, apparently, it takes MANY...he was spending HOURS (more than 4) per visit in that strip club. I wonder if he ever paid with dinar?

So then...it sounds more and more likely he just snapped and used his religion as a way to justify his actions to himself.

Perhaps the military should take a closer look at making the mental health care givers get mental health care themselves on a regular basis.

Perhaps the behavior of a Muslim shouldn't be ignored because he's a muslim

A lot of jobs, like mine, required daily scrutinization of you. There's something called the Personnel Reliability Program where your ability to perform your duty on any given day can change based on all kinds of factors, like if you're taking certain meds...or even if your unit commander or co-workers notice something different about you.

I don't know if this doctor had that kind of scrutinization, but your behavior is something that is ALWAYS going to be closely monitored if you hold a clearance.

I'm really hard pressed to think this guy could have gotten away with joining a terror organization without anyone knowing.

But then again, some people at Minot AFB sent a bunch of live nukes on an airplane a couple years ago that were supposed to be dummy warheads. They don't even keep the lives and the dummies in the same place together. So someone fucked that one up BAD. And with nukes, you're DEFINITELY looking at Personnel Reliability Program. That was my field.

No, it shouldn't be. I've said all along that anyone that is a fundamentalist deserves extra scrutiny.

No, it shouldn't be. I've said all along that anyone that is a fundamentalist deserves extra scrutiny.

Like I said, I don't much about this story at all. He had a known history of islamic fundamentalist behavior?

Forum List

Back