Is Major Jihadi a poster boy for profiling?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams

I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but seriously, how was this guy not profiled just a little bit more?

Is there a reason why the military apparently doesn't profile? Or if they do they suck at it (which would be another topic entirely).

I know some people will blame the pc police. But I don't really buy that. Sure, if Major Jihadi had been discharged based on sound judgement, pc officers like Ravi and Anguille would vilify the decision and say it's discrimination, blah blah blah. But I never took the US military to give a rat's ass about the jabberwocky of pc clowns.

But back to the questions at hand. Is Major Jihadi a poster boy for profiling? Why doesn't the military profile more? Do you think they will profile more now?

I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but seriously, how was this guy not profiled just a little bit more?

Is there a reason why the military apparently doesn't profile? Or if they do they suck at it (which would be another topic entirely).

I know some people will blame the pc police. But I don't really buy that. Sure, if Major Jihadi had been discharged based on sound judgement, pc officers like Ravi and Anguille would vilify the decision and say it's discrimination, blah blah blah. But I never took the US military to give a rat's ass about the jabberwocky of pc clowns.

But back to the questions at hand. Is Major Jihadi a poster boy for profiling? Why doesn't the military profile more? Do you think they will profile more now?
Could you be more of an asshole? Rhetorical question.

Anyone, anyone at all, that makes threats against the USA, the President of the USA, the military, civilians, etc...should be investigated NO MATTER WHAT THEIR RELIGION.

And anyone that blames this on pcism is an idiot.

I think this is less of a situation of profiling, but more of a situation that strict background checks and monitoring communications while in the military is needed.

Profiling is not effective because you will miss all the bad guys that don't fit the profile.

Its called PC my friend. What did General Gates say? "We must protect the diversity in the Army." Oh yeah. Lets not go after someone because he's a Muslim. Might be accused of being a racist. Doesn't seem to matter what his conduct is like. PC at its best. If Nidal had been a plain white American boy or a Jew or African American he would have been questioned and investigated big time. This guy, Muslim, not in this PC age.

Last edited:
I don't really know SHIT about this whole story because I've turned off the TV news and stopped reading bad news these days..

But to advance to the rank of Major takes a bit of distinguished service. What would there be to profile if he's apparently worthy of being an O-4? Officers are typically held to higher account than enlisted anyway.

I think this is less of a situation of profiling, but more of a situation that strict background checks and monitoring communications while in the military is needed.

Profiling is not effective because you will miss all the bad guys that don't fit the profile.
I agree. And anyone with a fundamentalist background should be discouraged from joining the military if their loyalty to the country is not clear.

should this man been "profiled"? :

nn_mik_abizaid_061115.300w.jpg

he is of Lebanese ancestry, the way some think around here he could have been an undercover muslim.

What could have been profiled? So far, the only thing that's come out is that he spoke out against the war and had hired an attorney to get him discharged. There's that one who attended school with him in Bethesda making this claim, but I've not seen anyone else step forward to corroborate his story (not likely to get that from superiors he supposedly complained to however) There was talk of him being counseled there too, but officials are saying that's not unusual, that most residents are counseled (I can believe that). The emails? The FBI determined that they were regarding his research at Walter Reed.

It's come out now that he attended the mosque headed by the radical Iman. Would the Army have known that at the time?

Fair points.

I find it interesting, the liberals with their healthcare plans wish to preach and even demand on us, preventive medicine! What to eat and so on, to prevent health problems.

Yet they scream discrimination when profiling is mentioned. Tell me, isn't profiling simple preventive medicine in the protection of our citizens?

A lot of mistakes were made in various areas which led to this tragic event, but, it doesn't matter how you slice the pie, the after taste is the same, the threat of being prosecuted either formally or in the media by political correctness. When something like PC effects institutions like our military, we have gone way past any reasonable lines of civil rights!

This nation had better wake up!

As far as posters like Ravi, well it's no different than watching late night on HBO. Accept it for what it is, a break from reality!

Mike

What could have been profiled? So far, the only thing that's come out is that he spoke out against the war and had hired an attorney to get him discharged. There's that one who attended school with him in Bethesda making this claim, but I've not seen anyone else step forward to corroborate his story (not likely to get that from superiors he supposedly complained to however) There was talk of him being counseled there too, but officials are saying that's not unusual, that most residents are counseled (I can believe that). The emails? The FBI determined that they were regarding his research at Walter Reed.

It's come out now that he attended the mosque headed by the radical Iman. Would the Army have known that at the time?
I know all the information isn't in yet, but it almost sounds as if he was profiled but he didn't meet whatever profile guidelines the authorities use.

I know the military doesn't vet prospective soldiers in the same way the FBI, the CIA, etc. vets their own prospective federal agents, no thorough background checks and interviewing neighbors, relatives, etc.

Fair points.

I find it interesting, the liberals with their healthcare plans wish to preach and even demand on us, preventive medicine! What to eat and so on, to prevent health problems.

Yet they scream discrimination when profiling is mentioned. Tell me, isn't profiling simple preventive medicine in the protection of our citizens?

A lot of mistakes were made in various areas which led to this tragic event, but, it doesn't matter how you slice the pie, the after taste is the same, the threat of being prosecuted either formally or in the media by political correctness. When something like PC effects institutions like our military, we have gone way past any reasonable lines of civil rights!

This nation had better wake up!

As far as posters like Ravi, well it's no different than watching late night on HBO. Accept it for what it is, a break from reality!

Mike
Except Ravi isn't against profiling when there is a need to profile. Asshole.

I know all the information isn't in yet, but it almost sounds as if he was profiled but he didn't meet whatever profile guidelines the authorities use.

I know the military doesn't vet prospective soldiers in the same way the FBI, the CIA, etc. vets their own prospective federal agents, no thorough background checks and interviewing neighbors, relatives, etc.

Whatever the FBI found on him in their investigation wasn't enough to prevent him (with their background check) from buying the guns he used in the attack.

They did with my daughter for her security clearance (went as far back as interviewing her teachers from Jr High).

Wouldn't an officer have to undergo a security clearance as well?

Whatever the FBI found on him in their investigation wasn't enough to prevent him (with their background check) from buying the guns he used in the attack.
I saw that. Maybe we need stricter guidelines on who may purchase guns?

Are you a friggin' librul or something?

You actually want to infringe on his Second Amendment rights???

BITCH!

They did with my daughter for her security clearance (went as far back as interviewing her teachers from Jr High).

I don't think so but maybe someone with military experience can answer that.

I don't think so but maybe someone with military experience can answer that.

I would hope that an officer would have at least some level of clearance, especially one with his job.

GTH could answer this for us :)

Forum List

Back