Is Major Jihadi a poster boy for profiling?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by manifold, Nov 10, 2009.

1. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,754
    Is Major Jihadi a poster boy for profiling?

I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but seriously, how was this guy not profiled just a little bit more?

Is there a reason why the military apparently doesn't profile? Or if they do they suck at it (which would be another topic entirely).

I know some people will blame the pc police. But I don't really buy that. Sure, if Major Jihadi had been discharged based on sound judgement, pc officers like Ravi and Anguille would vilify the decision and say it's discrimination, blah blah blah. But I never took the US military to give a rat's ass about the jabberwocky of pc clowns.

But back to the questions at hand. Is Major Jihadi a poster boy for profiling? Why doesn't the military profile more? Do you think they will profile more now?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,778
    Could you be more of an asshole? Rhetorical question.

Anyone, anyone at all, that makes threats against the USA, the President of the USA, the military, civilians, etc...should be investigated NO MATTER WHAT THEIR RELIGION.

And anyone that blames this on pcism is an idiot.

3. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    I think this is less of a situation of profiling, but more of a situation that strict background checks and monitoring communications while in the military is needed.

Profiling is not effective because you will miss all the bad guys that don't fit the profile.

4. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,661
    Its called PC my friend. What did General Gates say? "We must protect the diversity in the Army." Oh yeah. Lets not go after someone because he's a Muslim. Might be accused of being a racist. Doesn't seem to matter what his conduct is like. PC at its best. If Nidal had been a plain white American boy or a Jew or African American he would have been questioned and investigated big time. This guy, Muslim, not in this PC age.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,369
    I don't really know SHIT about this whole story because I've turned off the TV news and stopped reading bad news these days..

But to advance to the rank of Major takes a bit of distinguished service. What would there be to profile if he's apparently worthy of being an O-4? Officers are typically held to higher account than enlisted anyway.

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,778
    I agree. And anyone with a fundamentalist background should be discouraged from joining the military if their loyalty to the country is not clear.

7. noose4

noose4 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +610
    should this man been "profiled"? :

[​IMG]

he is of Lebanese ancestry, the way some think around here he could have been an undercover muslim.

8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Poor guy was just misunderstood. Clearly, this is Bush's fault.

On a related note, how many lap dances does it take to become a devout Muslim?

9. Emma

Emma Evil Liberal Leftist™

Thanks Received:
    On the street, acting all loud and tumultuous and
    Ratings:
    +757
    What could have been profiled? So far, the only thing that's come out is that he spoke out against the war and had hired an attorney to get him discharged. There's that one who attended school with him in Bethesda making this claim, but I've not seen anyone else step forward to corroborate his story (not likely to get that from superiors he supposedly complained to however) There was talk of him being counseled there too, but officials are saying that's not unusual, that most residents are counseled (I can believe that). The emails? The FBI determined that they were regarding his research at Walter Reed.

It's come out now that he attended the mosque headed by the radical Iman. Would the Army have known that at the time?

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,369
    Around the same amount of sex tapes it takes to become a christian.