Is it time to start prepping and what will the SHTF scenario look like?

I might have to look into this.

I was looking at what was left after the farmer harvested his field near me, and I could easily glean enough corn from that field to distill MANY gallons of ETOH. Of course, I'd have to get to it before the deer did. Hmmmmmmmmm.

I'm starting to get excited about this possibility!

I was looking at what was left after the farmer harvested his field near me, and I could easily glean enough corn from that field to distill MANY gallons of ETOH. Of course, I'd have to get to it before the deer did. Hmmmmmmmmm.

I'm starting to get excited about this possibility!
Let the deer have some, then harvest the deer.

All you can really do is prepare the best you can.
Some SHTF scenarios will leave you with no options.

I made sure that I'll have a few luxury items like ice. A cold drink will go a long way in making you more comfortable.
A solar refrigerator/freezer,fans. Anything to make things a bit more pleasant.
Then there are the standard items that are a given like food,water,firearms and a way to cook. And of course heirloom seeds.
A good medical bag is also a must along with over the counter meds and some that are prescription only which are a bit harder to come by.
Injectable lidocaine is my latest want. I've found several ways to make it but they're pretty involved.
Other than that I'm pretty well set.

Nuclear fallout is only dangerous for a week at most.
The idea is to isolate yourself for at least a week and then get out of the area.
You obviously dont want to drink the water or eat anything in the area.
They sell badges that are really cheap that change colors when exposed to radiation,stock up on em and wear them at all times.
A Geiger counter would be great but they're costly.

Nuclear fallout is only dangerous for a week at most.
The idea is to isolate yourself for at least a week and then get out of the area.
You obviously dont want to drink the water or eat anything in the area.
They sell badges that are really cheap that change colors when exposed to radiation,stock up on em and wear them at all times.
A Geiger counter would be great but they're costly.

No, a month minimum. If there is rain afterwards, which frequently happens, that will concentrate fallout into low lying regions, and those will stay hot for several months.

No, a month minimum. If there is rain afterwards, which frequently happens, that will concentrate fallout into low lying regions, and those will stay hot for several months.

Nope.
Do some research,I did since we live in an area thats likely to be hit,not directly but to our southeast were all the refineries are.
If we get hit in the summer the wind will blow towards us,we get hit in the winter it gets blown out into the Gulf of Mexico.
Some recommend waiting as little as 24 hours but to play it safe you should wait a week.
And of course you need to buy a bunch of radiation badges. They're cheap and do the job.

Agreed. Supply chain issues are already a problem, Bill Gates is buying up farmland and not farming, the Climate Change Scam will have us eating vegetables and bugs.

The problem I have with the gardening idea is that you need a LOT of land to grow enough to supply just yourselves with enough food to live, plus in times of food shortages, how will you prevent your neighbors from stealing your crops?

I do canning, that's a good plan. So is having a supply of medicines, just make sure you use them in rotation so when shit does hit the fan, you aren't relying on medicine that's been stored for many years.

I have a really good power generator that recharges from a solar panel and can run almost anything for quite a while.

What do you think about the currency situation? That's coming up real soon and may be the first thing we have to deal with. Do you think that gold and silver is the answer? What about bartering?
Actually you don't.

20 x 30 is probably good enough.

That about what the Amish do per family. It takes a little work often.

15 mins here, 20 minutes there. You can skip some days.

Nope.
Do some research,I did since we live in an area thats likely to be hit,not directly but to our southeast were all the refineries are.
If we get hit in the summer the wind will blow towards us,we get hit in the winter it gets blown out into the Gulf of Mexico.
Some recommend waiting as little as 24 hours but to play it safe you should wait a week.
And of course you need to buy a bunch of radiation badges. They're cheap and do the job.

I'm a geologist, and have worked with radioactive materials for longer than you have been alive in all probability. You only worry about rapidly decaying isotopes.

Forum List

Back