Is it moral for God to punish us?

its insane to say that......

There are some historic facts in the bible but it is far from factually or historically accurate. It was written by men faith to explain their past and the world around them from the belief in a god. They "blamed" god instead of understanding the science. It was primitive men dealing with their fears and their awe of the universe from their limited perceptive.

In today's terms we know there is much that is not factual. It was fact to the men who wrote it, they had nothing else. Now we can explain the "magic and miracles" and dispel the myths. Nature is still awesome, but a petty egotistical meddling god with schizophrenic mood swings read to destroy man but not save him from massacres, horrors of war and suffering is without fact. Even creation can now be explained with science.

Even the belief in a god has been explained by studying a particular over-stimulation in an area of the brain.

The writers were spinning tales to inspire the listening with a thread through it to remember where they came from as a tribe and events that had major impacts on who they are then/now. Much of the bible can be read in the stars as an outline or timeline of sorts. History as we progress through the age of the zodiac from bull to ram to fish and water. Even the story of Jesus, and other gods associated with similar lives, can be read in the stars, like reading book, on the names have been changed.

It is man's interpretation of the past and the unknown (or for them the yet to be known).
lets take for example the first ten words of the Bible "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"......are you saying that anyone who believes those ten words to be fact is insane?.......
Nobody knows who or what is responsible for the Big Bang, to think you know is crazy batshit stuff.
I guess that includes a lot of secular scientists........
I've never heard a real scientist ever say why it happened and who made the BB.
so those who study the origins of the universe are not real scientists?....

so there are three billion insane people in the world but you are not one of them?.....
Ah. So because a lot of people believe it, it must be true.

So, the billions of people who believed in various gawds before the invention of your gawds were quantitatively wrong? Tell us how you know that.
I see you still don't know how to read........I thought maybe you had taken time off from the board to get an education.....
It's best....... that you stutter and mumble....... when you're unable....... to defend your claims..........
I generally wait until someone with an intelligent argument attacks them before I begin a defense......
So it's back to being obnoxious for you PMP? Couldn't hold out any longer? Following Jesus' teachings too hard for you?
with all my heart, soul and mind I believe Jesus wants me to treat both you and Hollie with disdain and ridicule.......

Anyone who thinks that the bible is factual is insane.

Think about that.
People who take the bible as true like to live in a fantasy world. That's kinda crazy, wouldn't you say?
not really.....I would say that people who reject it are fools......as matter of fact, the Bible itself says that.......
Of course the bible says that, lol. But if the bible were true, people wouldn't reject it so massively (Christians make up less than 2 billion of the 7 billion people on this planet).
as I recall it was closer to 3 billion.......in the mean time atheists are what 3%?.....talk about massive rejection......
I'm not an atheist. So well over half of the world rejects the bible. Is god sending them all to hell?

There are some historic facts in the bible but it is far from factually or historically accurate. It was written by men faith to explain their past and the world around them from the belief in a god. They "blamed" god instead of understanding the science. It was primitive men dealing with their fears and their awe of the universe from their limited perceptive.

In today's terms we know there is much that is not factual. It was fact to the men who wrote it, they had nothing else. Now we can explain the "magic and miracles" and dispel the myths. Nature is still awesome, but a petty egotistical meddling god with schizophrenic mood swings read to destroy man but not save him from massacres, horrors of war and suffering is without fact. Even creation can now be explained with science.

Even the belief in a god has been explained by studying a particular over-stimulation in an area of the brain.

The writers were spinning tales to inspire the listening with a thread through it to remember where they came from as a tribe and events that had major impacts on who they are then/now. Much of the bible can be read in the stars as an outline or timeline of sorts. History as we progress through the age of the zodiac from bull to ram to fish and water. Even the story of Jesus, and other gods associated with similar lives, can be read in the stars, like reading book, on the names have been changed.

It is man's interpretation of the past and the unknown (or for them the yet to be known).
lets take for example the first ten words of the Bible "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"......are you saying that anyone who believes those ten words to be fact is insane?.......
Nobody knows who or what is responsible for the Big Bang, to think you know is crazy batshit stuff.
They haven't come to a conclusion about the BB's maker. To do so would be insane.

Ah. So because a lot of people believe it, it must be true.

So, the billions of people who believed in various gawds before the invention of your gawds were quantitatively wrong? Tell us how you know that.
I see you still don't know how to read........I thought maybe you had taken time off from the board to get an education.....
It's best....... that you stutter and mumble....... when you're unable....... to defend your claims..........
I generally wait until someone with an intelligent argument attacks them before I begin a defense......
So it's back to being obnoxious for you PMP? Couldn't hold out any longer? Following Jesus' teachings too hard for you?
with all my heart, soul and mind I believe Jesus wants me to treat both you and Hollie with disdain and ridicule.......
Well, it wouldn't be the first time that you're wrong. :lol:

People who take the bible as true like to live in a fantasy world. That's kinda crazy, wouldn't you say?
not really.....I would say that people who reject it are fools......as matter of fact, the Bible itself says that.......
Of course the bible says that, lol. But if the bible were true, people wouldn't reject it so massively (Christians make up less than 2 billion of the 7 billion people on this planet).
as I recall it was closer to 3 billion.......in the mean time atheists are what 3%?.....talk about massive rejection......
I'm not an atheist. So well over half of the world rejects the bible. Is god sending them all to hell?
those that have chosen not to believe in him will not spend eternity with him in paradise.....if the alternative is hell, they will spend eternity in hell......

They haven't come to a conclusion about the BB's maker. To do so would be insane.
none of them have beliefs?.....

it would be the first time since I came to this board......

those that have chosen not to believe in him will not spend eternity with him in paradise.....if the alternative is hell, they will spend eternity in hell......
So your God is a mass murderer and torturer, with a healthy dose of sadism thrown in. Now I understand why you love him so much.

Dunno, why?

it would be the first time since I came to this board......
Nobody who ever posted on this board has ever admitted to being wrong. Even though you are. :D

So your God is a mass murderer and torturer, with a healthy dose of sadism thrown in. Now I understand why you love him so much.
hey, just because you've decided you want to spend eternity in hell is no reason to get nasty about it........

Dunno, why?
because if they believed they had even an hypothesis explaining the Big Bang that would immediately make them insane by your standards..........kind of rough on the scientific method.......

hey, just because you've decided you want to spend eternity in hell is no reason to get nasty about it........
I never said that I wanted to spend one second in hell. You pretend Christians like to make stuff up and burn everyone you don't like. Just like Jesus would have done?

Dunno, why?
because if they believed they had even an hypothesis explaining the Big Bang that would immediately make them insane by your standards..........kind of rough on the scientific method.......
Scientists have admitted that they can't know what was before the BB. So you'll have to invent something else do you can wrap your puny little mind around it.

I never said that I wanted to spend one second in hell. You pretend Christians like to make stuff up and burn everyone you don't like. Just like Jesus would have done?
now why would you say I am the one pretending Christians and Jesus like to burn everyone when any one who has been reading this thread knows you are the one pretending that.......and, if you don't want to spend a second in hell, you ought to make different choices......it is, after all, the one you admittedly made.......

Dunno, why?
Scientists have admitted that they can't know what was before the BB. So you'll have to invent something else do you can wrap your puny little mind around it.
so your sole defense is semantics?.......does that work for you often?.....

now why would you say I am the one pretending Christians and Jesus like to burn everyone when any one who has been reading this thread knows you are the one pretending that.......and, if you don't want to spend a second in hell, you ought to make different choices......it is, after all, the one you admittedly made.......
According to some meaningless book, you've manufactured in your head that I've rejected God, when I've done no such thing. I'm agnostic, I see no proof yet for or against a god, and don't even hate the concept of a loving god. Sure, why not? But a loving god wouldn't even have a place to burn people alive. It's absurd and ridiculous.

Dunno, why?
so your sole defense is semantics?.......does that work for you often?.....
People can guess what happened before the BB, and guess what was there... Presently, we have no method to detect that. And yes, people who say they know what happened and who did it, and in how long (6 days), are really quite cookoo for cocoa puffs.

Forum List

Back