Is FUNNY ever funny, instead of FUNNY really meaning IMFORMATIVE?

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
As usual, I am always the last to know, on this board....just slow on picking up some of the board trends...mainly because I am too busy arguing the argument, debating...(which is what I like to do :) ), so many times changes that happen around me on the site, never really set in.....I just miss them altogether until some time a month or two later, it sinks in, what actually is going on....

Well, I am having one of those moments of, 'ahh haaa!'....but now I need to know, WHEN did this first start taking place?

WHEN did the FUNNY icon, become the new "Negative Rep" and not mean funny, anymore? (Did it ever mean Funny?) Ya see, it took me a while to figure out INFORMATIVE could be used as a "Negative Rep", so I was already behind on all of this crud, but now I am realizing that FUNNY should probably not be sent on a post you truly believe is funny, because sending the FUNNY could be construed as a "Negative Rep",

am I correct???

And if I am correct, let me apologize to those I sent FUNNY to, and tell them that when I mark something FUNNY, I truly did get a chuckle out of it, even if it was on one of my supposed cyber opponents posts...though I may disagree, I could see the humor in it all, thus the FUNNY icon thingy, being sent...

the same with marking with an INFORMATIVE....I really mean the post is informative, could be in the sense that I am glad you in the least, expressed why you felt something was the way you saw it etc type of thing....even if I disagreed overall...!!!

k, I got a FUNNY on that post..... :( or :) ???

Was it truly FUNNY or was it FUNNY/INFORMATIVE?

sometimes you get a funny as a sarcastic negative funny and sometimes you get a funny cuz your post was humorous.

stephanie has a thread today where she feels like she's being harassed cuz they laugh at virtually all of her posts.

I wish I could be more informative, but that would probably be construed as negative.

I use funny as funny. Informative as informative or neg rep.

funny how? funny like a clown like i amuse you...........? :mad: :lol:

Whatever the system here, a group uses it incorrectly. We know who most of those people are.

oh that was so hilarious. I'm afraid of cracking a rib. and this has to be the most informative of all postings. debate material, I don't think so.

when i read some joker in the fz post that "informative" was the new neg rep i gave him a few informatives just to be funny.

hee hee the bastid ^

oh that was so hilarious. I'm afraid of cracking a rib

i was like a deer in the headlights trying to decide how to rate this post so i decided to respond with a post rather than rating.

:lol:

btw i know what you mean about the laugher stalking, i had one of those the other day.. post after post some n00b laughed at every post i made in a thread where he disagreed with me. don't let the bastages get to you, steph.

What Val said. Some folks use funny icons on a serious post ironically to convey that they disapprove of the comment.

But a funny comment still gets a funny because it is funny.

The informative neg I haven't seen so far.

P.S. - I gave you a funny funny, not a neg funny. :D

Last edited:
I generally use the :laugh: if I find the post funny, or in place of "I cant' believe you said/believe that" button.

I understand why it is used. and that would fine if that's all it was. but I showed a pattern of it being used to harass someone. Every 15 minuets by the same person, in thread after thread, all day long, every single day. that isn't normal in my book.

if the person likes you it's funny
if they don't, it's negative

I understand why it is used. and that would fine if that's all it was. but I showed a pattern of it being used to harass someone. Every 15 minuets by the same person, in thread after thread, all day long, every single day. that isn't normal in my book.
I agree with you Steph, that's not normal imo either, unless you truly have posted something funny 10 etc. times in a row.... I don't know any of the specifics...but just off hand, that seems strange to me, too.

why do you need a button anyway, just type what you think... i know, unheard of....

why do you need a button anyway, just type what you think... i know, unheard of....

That ties you in to getting alerts for that thread, even if you unwatch it, when someone responds to your post.

and if someone responds to YOUR post, you keep getting alerts.

I'd rather not have the hassle

I agree with you Steph, that's not normal imo either, unless you truly have posted something funny 10 etc. times in a row.... I don't know any of the specifics...but just off hand, that seems strange to me, too.
thanks, I posted them (four pages of them out of many) it got moved over into the flame zone. I think you'll see what I'm talking about. I know it sounds and looks petty, but it became so annoying it was hard to ignore, which I did for the longest time. And, it was being done by people on here who doesn't care/like me. that normally wouldn't bother me either, as I had them all on Ignore, but they found they could use this way to harass someone they don't like. I think most here, knows I'm not one to be overdramatic or paranoid. All I wanted was for it to Stop.

That ties you in to getting alerts for that thread, even if you unwatch it, when someone responds to your post.

and if someone responds to YOUR post, you keep getting alerts.

I'd rather not have the hassle

I don't mind, cause, I look at them all anyway - a lot of the times I have something to say because I have an opinion on just about everything :)

Forum List

Back