Why Saturday Night Live is not funny anymoe

Very-very long times since I watched the show.
The first few seasons were extremely good for the time period.
But by as early as 83' I stopped watching.
And never watched again.

Making fun of our elected leaders is such a great thing. I hope they continue it. It's great amusement.

SNL must be doing something right to stay alive so long. I recall what a hit Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In was initially but growing stale after a few years. These days I don't watch commercial TV other than the NFL and perhaps catch the local news. Far too many ads. So these days I get my kicks from stuff on YouTube, enough so to make the $16 or so bucks I pay each month for ad-free viewing a good deal.

SNL must be doing something right to stay alive so long.

Yeah, just like CNN.

They endure because of sheer talent and cutting edge cultural commentary.

I should mention, your screen name has been canceled.

By inflation.

SNL is either hit or miss. Last night was not great though the skit on Trump sneakers was decent.

Last edited:
Plenty of funny skits over the years but sitting through an entire show became painful long before the liberal bias made it impossible to watch.

SNL is one venue. They have always leaned the way they do. Chevy Chase started off by making fun of Gerald Ford.

They made fun of Clinton all the time. They make fun of Biden.

Did they make gay Obama and his wife Michael skits? That is the level against Republicans. A couple of years ago some Republican made a complaint about a skit on her and the women who did it gave a vicious response. Now the pure hate on Prog perceived vengeance against those at fault for everything wrong is hitting within their party. And the effects on the population have started on inner city folks. Just the start. Just the start...

Did they make gay Obama and his wife Michael skits? That is the level against Republicans. A couple of years ago some Republican made a complaint about a skit on her and the women who did it gave a vicious response. Now the pure hate on Prog perceived vengeance against those at fault for everything wrong is hitting within their party. And the effects on the population have started on inner city folks. Just the start. Just the start...

No, they aren't quite as unhinged as you so I guess there is that.

No, they aren't quite as unhinged as you so I guess there is that.
It shows comedy that you approve of. It always leaned left somewhat and had some regulars who were to the right. When the women took over it moved to the left in a huge way and has not changed. The greatest revenge is your revenge. The voters in sanctuary areas living in inner cities who keep voting the same are starting to cry. Actually, complaining money meant for them are going to the illegals. It will get worse and worse. Eventually for all people. Anyone collecting a pension will need to be taxed more. A lot more. Medical will be rationed at some point or limits to it for each individual. Entry into the World Government will have its price. And we have been paying into it for a while now.

It shows comedy that you approve of. It always leaned left somewhat and had some regulars who were to the right. When the women took over it moved to the left in a huge way and has not changed. The greatest revenge is your revenge. The voters in sanctuary areas living in inner cities who keep voting the same are starting to cry. Actually, complaining money meant for them are going to the illegals. It will get worse and worse. Eventually for all people. Anyone collecting a pension will need to be taxed more. A lot more. Medical will be rationed at some point or limits to it for each individual. Entry into the World Government will have its price. And we have been paying into it for a while now.

Any thread is a rant to you.

Any thread is a rant to you.
We are at war. A one sided one. And with the population really not that intelligent on this and gullible to see that TV is now pushing near pure propaganda. A man like Joe would be skewered in totality and never got close to being the candidate a half century ago. In political comedy skits, he is a gold mine that is not dug for.

We are at war. A one sided one. And with the population really not that intelligent on this and gullible to see that TV is now pushing near pure propaganda. A man like Joe would be skewered in totality and never got close to being the candidate a half century ago. In political comedy skits, he is a gold mine that is not dug for.
Why not just back and laugh? Nothing better for me than the correspondents dinner. Just roasting our leaders is insanely funny.

Welp, I watched his opener, and honestly?

Shane Gillis was pretty much at his lamest.

I thought he played it super safe and boring, but the Left are still offended because he said the word "retarded".

Go figure.

Forum List

Back