Is Bush A Racist?

The topic of this thread is Is Bush a Racist. It expanded to party and race, which is still not resolved and there's much more to say.

Originally posted by shergald
The topic of this thread is Is Bush a Racist. It expanded to party and race, which is still not resolved and there's much more to say.

You can say as much as you like, but it's all crap. Nobody is believing this racist angle against the republicans.

You've been debunked already on that racist deal, now we've moved on to bigger and more pertinent topics.

It expanded to party and race, which is still not resolved and there's much more to say

Again, this thread has also expanded to the fact that you claim to be a Republican and you obviously are not.

There's not much more for you to say until you address that issue.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Again, this thread has also expanded to the fact that you claim to be a Republican and you obviously are not.

There's not much more for you to say until you address that issue.

I'll address it for you.

shergald/blackman aren't here to discuss the issues. They are trolls - and the bit about being a republican was the bait.

You tell me. I'm having second thoughts about the idea that Bush only supports racism for political purposes. Read this stuff...

Bush Racism
Dimwit Dubya Tells Africa That Slaves 'Left Here to Go To America'
15-Jul-03
Bush Racism
In a later speech in Senegal, Bush tried to repeat the words on "slavery" and "freedom," but without a script he mangled them completely. "The slaves who left here to go to America, because of their steadfast and their religion and their belief in freedom, helped change America. America is what it is today because of what went on in the past. Yet when I looked out over the sea, it reminded me that we've always got to keep history in mind. And one of the things that we've always got to know about America is that we love freedom, that we love people to be free, that freedom is God's gift to each and every individual. That's what we believe in our country." Say what??? "History" is clear - until the Emancipation Proclamation, America loved slavery more than freedom. And African slaves didn't "leave" to "go to America" - they were shackled in chains and hauled to America on slave ships. Dan Quayle must have had W in mind when he said: "what a waste it is to lose one's mind."

William Coors Claimed Slave Traders Did a Favor for Today's Blacks
14-Jul-03
Bush Racism
According to Bush, slavery helped America; according to rightwing kingpin William Coors, the slave traders did a favor for the slaves' descendants. Bush said: "By a plan known only to Providence, the stolen sons and daughters of Africa helped to awaken the conscience of America. The very people traded into slavery helped to set America free." Now compare this to what William Coors told an audience. "William Coors was explicitly racist, and not shy about voicing it, either. In a 1984 speech he presented to a minority business group in Denver, he told them... that if they thought it was 'unfair' that their 'ancestors were dragged here in chains against their will... I would urge those of you who feel that way to go back to where your ancestors come from, and you will find out that probably the greatest favor that anybody ever did you [sic] was to drag your ancestors over here in chains, and I mean it.'"

Moronic George Says 'The Very People Traded Into Slavery Helped to Set America Free'
14-Jul-03
Bush Racism
From BostonChannel.com: "Speaking about slavery and race in a visit to Senegal, Bush said... 'By a plan known only to Providence, the stolen sons and daughters of Africa helped to awaken the conscience of America,' Bush said. 'The very people traded into slavery helped to set America free.'" Hey George, are you trying to justify their enslavement by saying it was a plan of Providence - of God? Are you saying their slavery was worth it - for the sake of setting America free - the Land of their Masters? George, you're an idiot - and your speechwriters are despicable. "Freedom is Slavery" - or in this case, Slavery Meant Freedom - your speechwriters have borrowed yet another phrase from Orwell!

http://www.democrats.com/preview.cfm?term=Bush Racism

I acknowledged it a long time ago that I am not a Republican. Anyone who can read could figure that out, but when someone questioned it, I let it be known. In fact, some caught me almost immediately. Nonetheless, let me tell you. Republican to Republican you are boring, with one just stroking the next. How can you get anything out of that kind of interaction. It leads to folly and wishful thinking and some reality is needed, no matter how painful it can be. It is also good therapy to encounter disagreement. Disagreement produces cognitive dissonance, but the more of it that you can tolerate, the more open minded you will become. Take Lone man. He has views contrary to most of your own. Still he is willing to consider them. So am I even though I am opinionated. I don't really think every Republican is a racist. On the other hand, I don't think everyone understands when he is being racist and when he is not. If you really feel you are tolerant and accepting of differences, then you ought to be able to accept differing opinions without getting ruffled or angry, which I notice often occurs. Give difference a try.

It is also good therapy to encounter disagreement.

I definitely agree with that statement. I have long said this board is more interesting with differing views. However, mainly Republican, there are a few Democrats who make thoughtful posts, DK is a perfect example.

However, when someone such as yourself comes on board and instantly begins with post #1 on false pretenses, I dismiss your posts as a troll. You would have been much better accepted here had you not started out on the basis of a lie.

It makes me wonder why you are a closet Democrap.

Actually contrary to your opinion, Republicans are not all alike. We range the political spectrum on a number of issues from: Abortion, Education, Immigration, size of government etc.

We do have a few goals in common though. Defending America, and keeping power out of the hands of the Radicals who have taken control of the Democrat party.

I acknowledged it a long time ago that I am not a Republican. Anyone who can read could figure that out, but when someone questioned it, I let it be known. In fact, some caught me almost immediately

I have been a Republican for most of my life. My problem with Bush is that every time he speaks, he embarrasses me. He is not an intelligent man and his stupidity, his laceration of the Engish language, in particular, makes me have second thoughts. How can a man with this lack of basic intellect lead us all. I'm having second thoughts.

I see where you claimed you where a Republican, I did not see where some had caught you. Where was that, and why the claim in the first place?

Shergald ,
How much ? How much does white America have to pay to take the slavery card off of the table ? 1,000 , 10,000 100,000 1,000,000 dollars for every person that had a relative sold to Europeans that settled the new world ? I would be happy to pay whatever the price to never have to listen to this pathetic excuse again and my ancestors never had a slave . In fact my ancestors had the same things happen to them at the hands of the British , the difference is they used that to make a better life for their children and generations after . They couldn't get a penny out of the British so they realized centuries ago that it was history and moved on . It is time for American Africans to move on , what is it going to cost?
I propose giving a million to every person that can prove that their ansestors were slaves . The catch will be that those same people will have to take that money and leave . Go to a place that they feel is better for them , that they can feel an allegiance to . This will no doubt be cheaper than what is happening now . Trillions have been paid already and if you listen to jerlks like Charlie Rangle his people are still in shacles . I personally see no other solution .
Do you have a better idea?

Forum List

Back