Lies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    You know its kinda funny watching Liberals yell about the President's lies they have yet to name. i was on a message board earlier and a liberal woman was yelling how we cant have a liar for President. And im just like. do you really think that any American believes you after what you guys said about lying not being important during the 90s? I mean they could atleast provide an example of a lie. But for some reason Democrats seem to think a lie is a statement like the one the President made in the State of the Union last year about the British intelligence detailing how Iraq was seeking yellow cake, which of course is true! The British intelligence to this day claim its true. So how exactly was Bush lying to say it? especially considering yellow cake was found being smuggled out of Iraq months ago.

And then the best was James Carville, Clintons right hand man. He was yelling up a storm on how horrible it is to have a liar as President. And i was just like, James we know, you defended one for 8 years. These liberals are so funny. The best part is, its only March! We have atleast another 8 months of entertainment! Its just going to get better and better.

2. Fletch

Fletch Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I hate to say this but, the right bitched about Clinton being a draft doger and now we have Mr. Texas Air. So there are inconsistancies on both sides.

3. kcmcdonald

kcmcdonald Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    didn't ake long for someone to jump your ship. Clinton was a draft dodger, Bush was in the millitary...I know you leftties love the gausrd and think it's an honerable service:p: But he did serve, just not in vietnam. Notice how you guys don't bring up the fact that Kerry only serverd 4 mounths in NAM, that's only 1/3 a full tour. Where is your fact finding lie machine there. Oh wait it's only used to attack people who don't follow your ideologies, I'm sorry i forrgot.:p:

4. Fletch

Fletch Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Uhh dude….. I am on your side. Check out my other posts and I think you will see. I was simply demonstrating that WE have our own little issue that can bite us in the ass. However, I am glad you jumped my shit because it gave me some ammo to use in the future. Unfortunately, I live in Liberal central (Cambridge, MA.) Therefore I am always on the defensive.

As for Kerry’s service, here are my issues with his Purple Hearts. There are many men who were horrifically wounded during that war, some to this day have not received their medals. While noted on their DD214 the US Army has not seen fit to award them the actual medals. Many men did not report minor wounds because they did not want to be taken from their units, thus leaving them shorthanded, or the fear of having to live with the fact that one of their buddies took a bullet that was meant for them. Some men were wounded horribly 2 times with serious wounds, life threatening wounds, and were sent back to fight. So for John Kerry to run around the country bragging he is a war hero wounded 3 times, when those wounds required nothing more than some stitches and a days rest. I think it is insulting, and disrespectful to the men who were really wounded, and stayed in the fight for the men around them, or the men who were wounded far worse, and went back to the lines while he took the back door out. Especially disrespectful to those who were never honored by receiving the medals that Senator Kerry so theatrically threw back.

So basically, I think Kerry has made a career out of stepping in the blood of the men who served around him.

Wanna hear what I think about his Silver Star?

And can I be designated a conservative again? It is strange over here on the left, the women don’t shave.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    Cant see how you can compare Bill Clinton dodging the draft to George Bush serving in the Guard. Because its very clear that Bush served. How one can be two sided on that issue is beyond me.

6. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Fletch, you seem quite knowing about Kerry's medals. Maybe you can help me, do you know who applied for Kerry's medals?

7. Fletch

Fletch Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't say I disagree with you. I guess I did not really think that one through.

8. mrbitterness

mrbitterness Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What's the big deal about lying. Afterall, we were all tricked into believeing that WW1 was the war to end all wars. At least you know that your President is a good actor. He deserves an Oscar Normination.

9. Fletch

Fletch Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Straight answer. I do not. But that is not really the point. The point is that he uses them to promote his "War Hero" status. While hididng from the public what he got them for. In my eyes he is no more of a hero then any other guy who served there. Both John Mcain, and Bob Dole made thier records open to the public when they were running, why not Kerry?

Just for the record. I do not want to seem ungreatful to John Kerry for his service, for that I am very thankful. I just have a problem with him using it to promote himself which is disrespecful of the thousands of others served and died there.

10. kcmcdonald

kcmcdonald Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Fletch,
    Sorry man to jump you, thought i was reading dribble again. I was not thinking right at the time, Sorry man my bad!!:D