Is Bush A Racist?

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
And you, sir, are a closet Democrat. I believe you STILL have not addressed your claim to be a Republican when you first posted on this board. Care to enlighten those of us that are curious as to the reason you failed to admit being a Democrat?
Well said and ditto.

I never did believe that claim or its purpose.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I have a problem with crime, white or black. I don't have a problem pointing out the disproportionate amount committed by blacks. If that makes me a racist for stating the obvious, so be it.

Poverty isn't an excuse for crime. There is no excuse for breaking the law.

There you go, arguing against yourself again.

Nobody said anything about "excuse" for crime.

Statistically speaking poverty is one of the major statistical influences of crime rates.

Originally posted by cptpwichita
Rich get richer and the poor get poorer.what people don't get enough handouts?if a person wants to succedd he can ,if he doesn't he won't it's that simple.irresponsibility is the real problem not how many government handouts people can get from uncle sam.if people apply themselves and work hard there are opportunities at every turn to live a good life.if people were responsible enough to seek personal improvement and were men and women who did not commit crimes,became involved in their communities,took classes and learned new skills,did not have children out of wedlock,stayed faithful to their spouses,took care of their parents,and did not piss money down the drain and saved for their futures-this country would be alot better place.in other words quit using drugs,quit popping 3 or 4 welfare babies out,quit being lazy and get a job and education,quit thinking about your damn self and help someone else for a change by volunteering in your community but most important learn about the issues of the day and be an informed voter someone who cares what goes on in washington and has his voice heard and that voice is one of clarity of thought putting their country above all else instead of being a mindless idiotic liberal who is too much of a sloth and too selfish to put anything but himself first.

I didn't realize that you felt that strongly against trailer trash whites.

Originally posted by LoneVoice
There you go, arguing against yourself again.

Nobody said anything about "excuse" for crime.

Statistically speaking poverty is one of the major statistical influences of crime rates.

Then what do you call it when reasons are given to explain the crimes? There is no explanation other than those committing them are criminals.

Your poverty theory is bunk. Explain to me why in W. Va where it is almost all white AND one has one of the highest rates of unemployment in the nation for quite some time - the crime level is one of the lowest in the nation.

In reference to the poverty theory:

"Many people believe that crime is a product of poverty and lack of "advantages." However, the District of Columbia, which enjoys the highest average annual salaries and is second only to Alaska in personal income per capita, leads the nation in just about every category of crime including murder, robbery, aggravated assault, and vehicle theft. D.C. also has the country's strictest gun control, highest police costs per capita, highest ration of police and correctional officers per citizen, and highest rate of incarceration. Its permanent population is over 80% Black. West Virginia, which has the nation's lowest crime rate, suffers from chronic poverty and has the highest unemployment in the U.S. It also has the fewest police per capita. West Virginia is over 96% White."

Then what do you call it when reasons are given to explain the crimes? There is no explanation other than those committing them are criminals.

Your poverty theory is bunk. Explain to me why in W. Va where it is almost all white AND one has one of the highest rates of unemployment in the nation for quite some time - the crime level is one of the lowest in the nation.

Ask the statisticians who do the crime statistics... They're the ones who came up with that.

http://www.jcpr.org/wpfiles/duncan.ludwig.revise4-25.PDF

Ask the statisticians who do the crime statistics... They're the ones who came up with that.

http://www.jcpr.org/wpfiles/duncan.ludwig.revise4-25.PDF

I've read enough of these theories, too bad the actual data from across the nation doesn't support this. Sure, there seems to be a relation between poverty ridden neighborhoods and black crime. Why is it do you think that the same thing doesn't happen in the poverty ridden white neighborhoods?

In reference to the poverty theory:

"Many people believe that crime is a product of poverty and lack of "advantages." However, the District of Columbia, which enjoys the highest average annual salaries and is second only to Alaska in personal income per capita, leads the nation in just about every category of crime including murder, robbery, aggravated assault, and vehicle theft. D.C. also has the country's strictest gun control, highest police costs per capita, highest ration of police and correctional officers per citizen, and highest rate of incarceration. Its permanent population is over 80% Black. West Virginia, which has the nation's lowest crime rate, suffers from chronic poverty and has the highest unemployment in the U.S. It also has the fewest police per capita. West Virginia is over 96% White."

And your point is?

That your poverty theory is a bunch of crap not backed up by actual statistics.

OK then....

So as a Republican, are you personally, for or against the expansion of ALL religion in American society.

OK then....

So as a Republican, are you personally, for or against the expansion of ALL religion in American society.

As a republican, I don't care either way.

Heh.... Looks like OCA decided to duck the question

Nope, regardless of religion which I have never once used as my backup but rather using common sense, for one to think that some man who decides to screw his buddy in the can or some chick who decides to munch her friends rug deserves special rights for his lifestyle choices is wrong. You are not going to be able to win this argument so don't try. Republicans are simply standing up for what is right and Demos are standing up for anything that will garner them votes.

How long should we have this society with racial crutches which obviously all the social programs enacted by Demos aren't working, how long should it be, forever? That is what Demos want, it gets them votes. I say get rid of these silly programs and have a true colorblind society with each man judged upon his content and then you will see people reach their full potential when they don't have a safety net.

Absolutely Republicans are for ALL religious freedom for ALL religions.

OK then....

I've already answered this question but here is one for Voice:

Which party was in power when innocent children were burned to death in Waco? Granted Koresh was a wingnut but where was the religious freedom then?

Originally posted by OCA
You can add those kids to the 20 some odd other murders that are tied directly to Bubba Clinton.
Directly???

How so?

Are you kidding? You think that the order to torch that joint didn't come directly from Bubba himself? He had the tightest grip and the biggest ego that nobody took a dump in the White House without his ok. Well wait a sec, maybe the order came from Hillary.

Clinton's Fingerprints on Waco Military Deployment

On Friday, White House Press Secretary Joe Lockhart denied that President Clinton granted a legally required waiver for an elite U.S. military unit to participate in the FBI's attack on the Branch Davidian compound at Waco six years ago.

By federal statute, the U.S. military may not actively engage in any domestic law enforcement operation unless specifically authorized by the president.

But a document reviewed by Inside Cover indicates that Clinton sought a role for the military in the 51-day standoff, which could link the White House to the elite military unit's involvement, now alleged to be active, in the final Waco conflagration. Eighty civilians, including 25 innocent children, perished in the final assault on the Branch Davidian compound.

In its Friday editions, the Dallas Morning News reported the involvement of the military's elite hostage rescue team, the Delta Force, citing multiple sources who described the unit's role in the Waco debacle as hands-on and operational.

On Friday, Lockhart claimed that Clinton "was not asked to sign a waiver, nor were we aware of any activity that would have required a waiver" in connection with the assault on the Branch Davidian compound. No presidential waiver would have been required had the Delta Force's role been strictly advisory.

Yet the day after the Waco conflagration, Clinton personally acknowledged that he sought the military's help in bringing the Waco siege to a close, according to a transcript of Clinton's comments available at the White House's Web site.

Speaking to the press from the Rose Garden just 24 hours after flames consumed the Branch Davidian compound, Clinton attempted to explain the process that led up to the disastrous decision to launch the attack. Part of that process, Clinton unequivocally stated, was his personal decision to involve the military at the outset of the confrontation:

"The third question I asked was, has the military been consulted? As soon as the initial tragedy came to light in Waco, that's the first thing I asked to be done, because it was obvious that this was not a typical law enforcement situation. Military people were then brought in, helped to analyze the situation and some of the problems that were presented by it. And so I asked if the military had been consulted. The attorney general said that they had, and that they were in basic agreement that there was only one minor tactical difference of opinion between the FBI and the military -- something that both sides thought was not of overwhelming significance.

"Having asked those questions and gotten those answers, I said that if she thought it was the right thing to do, that she should proceed and that I would support it. And I stand by that today." (Click here for full transcript: Clinton's Waco Press Conference.)

Clinton's statement suggests that he knew about the Delta Force's deployment and, in fact, may have personally requested it. If so, Lockhart's denial that Clinton had approved the elite unit's involvement would be wrong.

Questions now center on whether Clinton authorized Delta Force to play a hands-on role in the gruesome Waco assault. Friday's Dallas Morning News quotes former CIA agent Gene Cullen, who said that the Delta Force was "present, up front and close" when the final attack was launched.

Cullen added that Delta Force personnel had told him that the elite unit "had 10 operators down there, that they were involved in the advanced forward stages of [the FBI's April 19, 1993] operations."

Texas Department of Public Safety Chairman James B. Francis Jr. told the paper, "I'm advised that there is some evidence that may corroborate" the allegation that the Delta Force participated in the assault.

Questions about the Delta Force's role at Waco arose after the Dallas Morning News reported that a former senior FBI official had acknowledged the use of military-style M-651 pyrotechnic tear gas grenades on the day of the assault.

Inside Cover gratefully acknowledges the contribution of L.N. Smithee, who researched Clinton's post-Waco remarks for the Free Republic Web site.

Link

:D

Forum List

Back