Iowa passes heartbeat law,hoping to get challenge to end Roe Vs Wade at SC

No, it isn't.

All they did was keep the fight on this going and going and going.

Actually, there wasn't really a "fight" before Roe was passed. It was more like a yawn.

Then the Religious RIght, who had previously treated abortion as "A Catholic Issue", needed something to get their dumb inbred congregations upset about because segregation was passe...

No, it isn't.

All they did was keep the fight on this going and going and going.

Actually, there wasn't really a "fight" before Roe was passed. It was more like a yawn.

Then the Religious RIght, who had previously treated abortion as "A Catholic Issue", needed something to get their dumb inbred congregations upset about because segregation was passe...

They didn't see it as an issue because in the States they lived in it was banned, or at least highly restricted.

Then the SC pulled some shit out of it's ass and made it a fight.

They didn't see it as an issue because in the States they lived in it was banned, or at least highly restricted.

Except it wasn't "banned" in some states, and most of the rest, the laws were barely enforced. The Catholic Church at the time was out and very loud against the practice. The Evangelicals were nowhere to be found... until after they needed an issue to keep the money flowing.

Except it wasn't "banned" in some states, and most of the rest, the laws were barely enforced. The Catholic Church at the time was out and very loud against the practice. The Evangelicals were nowhere to be found... until after they needed an issue to keep the money flowing.

Again, Evangelicals weren't concerned about it until it was made a National topic by the SC pulling law out of it's ass.

Wasting their time. Roe v Wade isn't getting overturned.

RvW could be overturned overnight if abortion was treated as a violent crime at the State level like other such crimes as armed robbery. Remove the fed's jurisdiction and let the States handle it and RvW would be history.

The Framers left us the power at the States level to deal with federal usurpers.

Talked and concerned are two different things.

If it was already illegal where they lived, why would they be concerned about it?

Because women were having them despite what the law was and there was a movement to legalize it... but the Evangelicals didn't care, that was a "Catholic Thing". They had bigger problems, like uppity negros wanting equal rights.

Talked and concerned are two different things.

If it was already illegal where they lived, why would they be concerned about it?

Because women were having them despite what the law was and there was a movement to legalize it... but the Evangelicals didn't care, that was a "Catholic Thing". They had bigger problems, like uppity negros wanting equal rights.

The movement to legalize it actually suffered a blow with Roe, because it forced the issue on people, instead of convincing them to change.

It's why it is still a fight decades later.

Hmm yeah, cons are all for state's rights when it suits them (abortioin) but call for jailing state officials when it doesn't suit them (sanctuary status).

All these bogus 'abortion laws' in these states are illegal. Abortion is legal per the SC. Period.

It may be legal per the SCOTUS, but that doesn’t mean every state has to allow it. BTW- I am pro choice. Alcohol is legal per the SCOTUS too, but there are plenty of dry counties in this country.

The Court made up law because it felt like it.

No, it made up law because the laws that were on the books were unworkable. Women were getting just as many abortions before Roe as after.

That's not the Supreme Court's job.

The supreme court's job is to determine if a law is constitutional.

Roe V. Wade was argued under the 4th amendment. The right to privacy.

If you actually read that document you will see that the founders proclaimed that we have the right to privacy in our body. There is no exception for a person's sex. Just that Americans have the right to privacy in their body.

That means the government can't prevent people from doing what they want with their body. It doesn't say that only men have that right. There aren't any exceptions to that right as far as sex goes.

Since we women have the right to privacy with our bodies, we have the right to make decisions about our bodies and the government can't interfere.

That means that we have the right under medical privacy to make medical decisions with our bodies and you and the government can't stop us.

Now tell me where in the constitution it says that the government can stop me from having the right to privacy with my body. Tell me where in the constitution it says that no woman is free to make decisions for herself? Where in the constitution does it say women can't have an abortion?

Then tell me where in our many medical privacy laws does it say that women don't have those same medical privacy rights as men. And tell me how the medical privacy laws and our constitution only applies to men and not women.

The Court made up law because it felt like it.

No, it made up law because the laws that were on the books were unworkable. Women were getting just as many abortions before Roe as after.

That's not the Supreme Court's job.

The supreme court's job is to determine if a law is constitutional.

Roe V. Wade was argued under the 4th amendment. The right to privacy.

If you actually read that document you will see that the founders proclaimed that we have the right to privacy in our body. There is no exception for a person's sex. Just that Americans have the right to privacy in their body.

That means the government can't prevent people from doing what they want with their body. It doesn't say that only men have that right. There aren't any exceptions to that right as far as sex goes.

Since we women have the right to privacy with our bodies, we have the right to make decisions about our bodies and the government can't interfere.

That means that we have the right under medical privacy to make medical decisions with our bodies and you and the government can't stop us.

Now tell me where in the constitution it says that the government can stop me from having the right to privacy with my body. Tell me where in the constitution it says that no woman is free to make decisions for herself? Where in the constitution does it say women can't have an abortion?

Then tell me where in our many medical privacy laws does it say that women don't have those same medical privacy rights as men. And tell me how the medical privacy laws and our constitution only applies to men and not women.

The right to privacy is a made up construct. the 4th amendment is about searches, not medical procedures.

The issue is the constitution is moot on it, therefore it devolves to the state legislatures, as per the constitution.

Here's a hint, if you have to make that many leaps to create a "right", it really isn't protected by the document.

Abortion is not a constitutionally protected right, and a majority of unelected lawyers saying that it is doesn't make it so.

I assume then you also support full 2nd amendment rights?

The movement to legalize it actually suffered a blow with Roe, because it forced the issue on people, instead of convincing them to change.

No, it's still a fight because Christians are stupid and gullible..

Rich people always get their tax cuts.
Abortion never gets banned.
You scratch you big monkey cranium and wonder why.

For all those who think abortion will ever be made illegal again. The women in the US will never allow it. Ever.

True.... but some States might. Looks Further, be careful with “the women in the US”. Ask yourself..... aren’t some women of the US pro Life?

No, it's still a fight because Christians are stupid and gullible..

Rich people always get their tax cuts.
Abortion never gets banned.
You scratch you big monkey cranium and wonder why.

It's sad you can't see the world except through your own narrow asshole lens.

The world will be a better place when you are no longer on it.

Always want to make it personal when you can't win an argument, eh, buddy.

Okay, one more time.

Rich people always get their tax cuts when Republicans are in charge. About for times, by my count. (1981, 1995, 2001 and 2017)
Abortion, never, ever gets banned.

Why do you think that is?

Always want to make it personal when you can't win an argument, eh, buddy.

Okay, one more time.

Rich people always get their tax cuts when Republicans are in charge. About for times, by my count. (1981, 1995, 2001 and 2017)
Abortion, never, ever gets banned.

Why do you think that is?

I get tax cuts when Republicans are in power, and I ain't rich.

Abortion doesn't get banned because of the difficulty in getting an SC to overturn precedent.

Local Republicans in the States that care about Abortion pass laws all the time trying to restrict it.

With you it's always personal, you cockgobbler. You are a miserable human being.

Abortion doesn't get banned because of the difficulty in getting an SC to overturn precedent.

Okay, I'm sure that $17 bucks a week is nice and all... but that'll come back with interest.

Here's the thing. The GOP has put Ending Abortion on every Platform since 1976, and they appointed no less than NINE count them NINE Supreme Court Justices in that time. In fact, there hasn't been a time since Roe was passed that the SCOTUS wasn't majority Republican.

Local Republicans in the States that care about Abortion pass laws all the time trying to restrict it.

Laws they know are as meaningless as the ObamaCare repeals they passed when Obama was there to veto them.

With you it's always personal, you cockgobbler. You are a miserable human being.

Yes, I realize you take the humiliation I inflict on you very personally... but you need to get over it, bud.

Okay, I'm sure that $17 bucks a week is nice and all... but that'll come back with interest.

Here's the thing. The GOP has put Ending Abortion on every Platform since 1976, and they appointed no less than NINE count them NINE Supreme Court Justices in that time. In fact, there hasn't been a time since Roe was passed that the SCOTUS wasn't majority Republican.

Laws they know are as meaningless as the ObamaCare repeals they passed when Obama was there to veto them.

Yes, I realize you take the humiliation I inflict on you very personally... but you need to get over it, bud.

Kennedy has been on the SC that long, and he is a Roe guy, at least due to precedent.

And how many appointments did Clinton and Obama have?

GB messed up with Souter.

Those laws aren't meaningless because they show the issue is still alive.

What humiliation? Even the other board losers don't jump in to defend your pathetic views.

Forum List

Back