Iowa passes heartbeat law,hoping to get challenge to end Roe Vs Wade at SC

Hmm yeah, cons are all for state's rights when it suits them (abortioin) but call for jailing state officials when it doesn't suit them (sanctuary status).

All these bogus 'abortion laws' in these states are illegal. Abortion is legal per the SC. Period.

Hmm yeah, cons are all for state's rights when it suits them (abortioin) but call for jailing state officials when it doesn't suit them (sanctuary status).

All these bogus 'abortion laws' in these states are illegal. Abortion is legal per the SC. Period.

I'll believe that when certain other states start observing federal marijuana and immigration laws. Until then, Iowa's law stands.

So was slavery. It was undone, if you recall.

Abortion is a state issue. Immigration is not.

I see the public schools are doing their usual quality work. :auiqs.jpg:

I'll believe that when certain other states start observing federal marijuana and immigration laws. Until then, Iowa's law stands.

Actually, I bet Iowa's law will "stand" for less than a day before a court knocks it down. This is well-settled law.

It's staggeringly unlikely that SCOTUS would even hear it.

Actually, I bet Iowa's law will "stand" for less than a day before a court knocks it down. This is well-settled law.

There is no such thing.

There is no such thing.

Sure there is.

You don't know much about Iowans. The ACLU and Planned Parenthood already tried to stop it but a District Court Judge blocked their attempt.

Judge won't block Iowa law on 3-day wait for abortions

There is no such thing.

Sure there is.

Any law can be revisited at any time.

You don't know much about Iowans. The ACLU already tried to block it but a District Court Judge blocked their attempt.

Umm.. that's a different law - and the Iowa Supreme Court overturned that judge's ruling anyway.

Iowa Supreme Court halts key provisions of abortion law

This law will be challenged in Federal Court, not Iowa state court - and it'll be overturned as soon as the paperwork is filed.

There is no such thing.

Sure there is.

Any law can be revisited at any time.

That is technically true, sure.

Do you expect the SCOTUS to rule tomorrow that murder is legal?

Iowa passes 'fetal heartbeat' abortion ban, most restrictive in U.S.

Smart move! I love it. Me and my wife knew with ALL of our kids we were pregnant at 6 weeks or sooner! That's no excuse to murder the baby. Don't want one? Wrap it up,get on birth control,get sterilized etc etc.

That's a smart move by Iowa. If that ever goes before the Supreme Court, Roe vs. Wade is dead.

Sadly this is not the case. There are maybe 3, and that is pushing it, that would rule to overturn RvW

Read the link dingus they passed this to force it to the SC to get it overturned. Personally I am cool with abortion when its nonwhites and liberals aborting!

You don't know much about Iowans. The ACLU and Planned Parenthood already tried to stop it but a District Court Judge blocked their attempt.

that's a different law.

apparently, they've got nothing better to do in iowa but make lawws that will get thrown out.

Forum List

Back