In search of an objective and honest Trump supporter...

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Just yesterday in a NYT interview, Trump stated that IF he had known that Sessions would recuse himself [from any investigations regarding Trump's campaign and Russia,] Trump would NOT have nominated him.....

fair enough, as a statement, but there are many questions that arise from such a statement.

!. Are there OTHER duties entailed in the AG position other than the Russia investigation?

2. Is Sessions qualified to be an AG regarding all other matters that fall under the responsibilities of the DOJ?

3. What was the real expectations by Trump of Sessions' subsequent decisions on the Russia investigation had Sessions NOT recused himself?

4. Does the AG's oath of office entail any mention that the AG must be loyal to the president?

5, Overall, should the DOJ serve and be loyal to the nation OR the president?...and if one responds with "both", what happens when that service to country conflicts with the service requested by the president?

Honest and objective responses (without the usual, "but, but, Obama" and "but, but, Clinton") would be appreciated.

DOJ should be loyal to the nation. the bastardization of this department is pushing us to banana republic status, whereby the President can do as he pleases knowing the supposed top cop will look the other way if at all possible.

and there's no way to ignore the Obama DOJ, and others which have undoubtedly contributed to this slide and general deterioration of our institutions....

• Banned
DOJ should be loyal to the nation. the bastardization of this department is pushing us to banana republic status, whereby the President can do as he pleases knowing the supposed top cop will look the other way if at all possible.

and there's no way to ignore the Obama DOJ, and others which have undoubtedly contributed to this slide and general deterioration of our institutions....

I agree.....the DOJ should be FULLY independent....so please tell Trump and other conservatives that loyalty to him is NOT a requisite for the AG job.

Just yesterday in a NYT interview, Trump stated that IF he had known that Sessions would recuse himself [from any investigations regarding Trump's campaign and Russia,] Trump would NOT have nominated him.....

fair enough, as a statement, but there are many questions that arise from such a statement.

!. Are there OTHER duties entailed in the AG position other than the Russia investigation?

2. Is Sessions qualified to be an AG regarding all other matters that fall under the responsibilities of the DOJ?

3. What was the real expectations by Trump of Sessions' subsequent decisions on the Russia investigation had Sessions NOT recused himself?

4. Does the AG's oath of office entail any mention that the AG must be loyal to the president?

5, Overall, should the DOJ serve and be loyal to the nation OR the president?...and if one responds with "both", what happens when that service to country conflicts with the service requested by the president?

Honest and objective responses (without the usual, "but, but, Obama" and "but, but, Clinton") would be appreciated.
Quit starting irrelevant threads. Thank you.

• Banned
Trump should have fired Sessions the second he recused himself

i should have added to the "objective and honest Trump supporter"....someone with also the IQ above 60, which would have automatically excluded you, Frankie-baby.

but obama and clinton had no sense of shame.

Trump should have fired Sessions the second he recused himself
Sessions met with Russians and then lied about it. Recusing himself was his only option.
Of course you're going to agree with Trump.
You're both always wrong.

I fall on the right and support many of Trumps initiatives, but this was too much. First Session absolutely should have rescued himself from
the investigation. It would be beyond improper for him not to.

For Trump to say this publicly is flabbergasting.
It is becoming to much to take. If we ever got a moderate Democrat that believed in protesting the borders I would vote against him.

The best we can hope for is he get impeached.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I fall on the right and support many of Trumps initiatives, but this was too much. First Session absolutely should have rescued himself from
the investigation. It would be beyond improper for him not to.

For Trump to say this publicly is flabbergasting.
It is becoming to much to take. If we ever got a moderate Democrat that believed in protesting the borders I would vote against him.

The best we can hope for is he get impeached.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Impeachment on the way. Be patient.
Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

S3-Jan_Brady_000110.jpg

Russia, Russia, Russia!

but obama and clinton had no sense of shame.

Ahhhhh, what a novel and unique tact to take...."blaming Obama and Clinton" when asked to defend Trump......I swear, I've never seen THAT applied before.....Congrats on being the first........LOL

Easier trying to find an elephant that can pass thru an eye of a needle than find an honest Trump supporter..

Actually, it was a camel.....but given Trump's girth....elephant is more applicable...

I agree.....the DOJ should be FULLY independent....so please tell Trump and other conservatives that loyalty to him is NOT a requisite for the AG job.

Honestly, we agree on this being wrong in a general sense.

I see the degradation of our institutions and the muddying/fuzzying of the lines between the branches and offices as a serious issue.

I can't agree or infer that it's just Trump, however. He's playing the system as others have. I think it's wrong in general, but it's the status quo at the moment, unfortunately for all of us. The "Department of Justice" is a bit low on "Justice" lately, but still wields all the tools of law enforcement, now bent to a political agenda- and that should scare the living hell out of each and every one of us, no matter your political affiliation.

Obama yesterday, Trump today, someone with a "D" next to their name tomorrow....

Honestly, we agree on this being wrong in a general sense.

I see the degradation of our institutions and the muddying/fuzzying of the lines between the branches and offices as a serious issue.

I can't agree or infer that it's just Trump, however. He's playing the system as others have. I think it's wrong in general, but it's the status quo at the moment, unfortunately for all of us. The "Department of Justice" is a bit low on "Justice" lately, but still wields all the tools of law enforcement, now bent to a political agenda- and that should scare the living hell out of each and every one of us, no matter your political affiliation.

Obama yesterday, Trump today, someone with a "D" next to their name tomorrow....

I fully agree.......with one minor exception.

Trump is still on the "I'm the CEO of a business mode"...but as president he CANNOT demand that anyone within government show loyalty to him first and the nation second.

If Obama was under investigation and had done the same to Holder, I swear that I would have stated the same.

Forum List

Back