In search of an objective and honest Trump supporter...

Trump should have fired Sessions the second he recused himself
Sessions met with Russians and then lied about it. Recusing himself was his only option.
Of course you're going to agree with Trump.
You're both always wrong.
I don't think Sessions lied about it. I figure he didn't think his Senate duties which brought him into contact with Russians and other foreigners had anything to do with his capacities as a Trump surrogate.

Do you have anything to suggest his contact with the Russians was related to the Trump campaign?

Sessions is a very old and experienced fox. He probably saw before anyone else what kind of a shit soup this "Russia thing" was going to be, and he decided to check out.

Just yesterday in a NYT interview, Trump stated that IF he had known that Sessions would recuse himself [from any investigations regarding Trump's campaign and Russia,] Trump would NOT have nominated him.....

fair enough, as a statement, but there are many questions that arise from such a statement.

!. Are there OTHER duties entailed in the AG position other than the Russia investigation?

2. Is Sessions qualified to be an AG regarding all other matters that fall under the responsibilities of the DOJ?

3. What was the real expectations by Trump of Sessions' subsequent decisions on the Russia investigation had Sessions NOT recused himself?

4. Does the AG's oath of office entail any mention that the AG must be loyal to the president?

5, Overall, should the DOJ serve and be loyal to the nation OR the president?...and if one responds with "both", what happens when that service to country conflicts with the service requested by the president?

Honest and objective responses (without the usual, "but, but, Obama" and "but, but, Clinton") would be appreciated.

What he is saying is that Sessions is Tom Haden.....a good lawyer.....what Trump needs is Michael...someone who is an actual fighter.....Sessions should never have recused himself from investigating hilary and should never have given control of the Russian investigation to obama hold overs.....

As a lawyer and prosecutor Sessions is fine...but as someone who understands how to engage criminals on the democrat side he is a babe in the woods.

You answered your own question "fair enough as a statement" but your hatred and bias didn't let you accept it.

Bias? YES....hatred? NO; the orange piece of lardo is not worth it; I'm just enjoying the administration's meltdown and the delusion of Trump's kool-aid drinkers.....All is well, in the oval office (and in the Kremlin, I may add)..LOL

We are fine with your side losing elections while we control the House, Senate, White House, and SCOTUS. Sit on the sidelines and heckle that's about the only thing you libs do well.

In search of an objective and honest Trump supporter

support hose, and Depends

Sessions is a very old and experienced fox. He probably saw before anyone else what kind of a shit soup this "Russia thing" was going to be, and he decided to check out.
Imo he's a racist, but he's also a principled guy. Alabama has some of those. I think you're right that it never really occurred to him that his meetings were at all wrong, or really were about helping Trump get elected. Once he saw there was something fishy in the Trump team and Russia, he extracted himself. Not just because he wants to keep his reputation, but also because he didn't want any part of prosecuting Team Trump or even Donald himself. He didn't leave the Senate for that gig.

I don't think Sessions lied about it. I figure he didn't think his Senate duties which brought him into contact with Russians and other foreigners had anything to do with his capacities as a Trump surrogate.

Do you have anything to suggest his contact with the Russians was related to the Trump campaign?

Actually, yes.......

What Sessions' failed to disclose were his meetings with Russian officials while he played a prominent role in the Trump campaign -- meetings that he only disclosed after The Washington Post revealed them. These meetings with the Russian ambassador were NOT while performing senatorial duties but, rather, Trump surrogate duties.

Bottom line......He did NOT list those meetings in his needeed SF86 form.

We are fine with your side losing elections while we control the House, Senate, White House, and SCOTUS. Sit on the sidelines and heckle that's about the only thing you libs do well.

...and let me be among the very FIRST to congratulate you right wingers on the SPLENDID job you're doing with all that "control"..
LOL

(BTW, nitwit, how do you NOW control the SCOTUS when all you've dome is replace the stinky seat vacated from the "dearly departed" Scalia???........Not a big deal but its always good to bring morons back to reality.)

Actually, yes.......

What Sessions' failed to disclose were his meetings with Russian officials while he played a prominent role in the Trump campaign -- meetings that he only disclosed after The Washington Post revealed them. These meetings with the Russian ambassador were NOT while performing senatorial duties but, rather, Trump surrogate duties.

Bottom line......He did NOT list those meetings in his needeed SF86 form.
Do you have a link which shows those meeting were campaign related?

Also, Sessions was advised by his handlers and the FBI that the meetings did not have to go on his security clearance since they were not campaign related. There are other lawyers who disagree with that advice, but that is the advice he was given by his handlers.

I don't recall anyone ever saying his meetings with the Russians were campaign related. I don't think even Al Franken has gone that far. So if you have a link, I would appreciate it.

...and let me be among the very FIRST to congratulate you right wingers on the SPLENDID job you're doing with all that "control"..
LOL

(BTW, nitwit, how do you NOW control the SCOTUS when all you've dome is replace the stinky seat vacated from the "dearly departed" Scalia???........Not a big deal but its always good to bring morons back to reality.)

We have you libs by the balls, you are out of power for at least 4 years :eusa_dance:

LOL

We have you libs by the balls, you are out of power for at least 4 years :eusa_dance:
Trump and the Republicans hoaxed you out of your votes.

You paid for a repeal and replace of Obamacare, and they gave you...ObamaCare. :lol:

You paid for a tough guy. You got a fat Putin fluffer.

"yeahbut we won!"

[QUOTE="Avatar4321, post: 17759556, member: 854"]to set up a fake narrative to take away American rights

i hope THAT didn't hurt too much when you pulled it our of your ass.[/QUOTE]

You really have no clue where to find facts do you?

Hint: You don't pull them out of your body, barring a few obvious exceptions

Also, Sessions was advised by his handlers and the FBI that the meetings did not have to go on his security clearance since they were not campaign related. There are other lawyers who disagree with that advice, but that is the advice he was given by his handlers.

I don't recall anyone ever saying his meetings with the Russians were campaign related. I don't think even Al Franken has gone that far. So if you have a link, I would appreciate it.

My apologies, but it would take quite a bit of looking back at the Washington Post website to find the contention that Sessions met with Russians while he was a Trump campaign surrogate.

Honestly, I am not sure exactly why Sessions chose recusion but one thing is for sure......he DID meet with the ambassador of Russia while actively campaigning for Trump.

We have you libs by the balls, you are out of power for at least 4 years

Well, a POTUS that goes around grabbing pussies.....and a Trump ass kisser going around grabbing libs balls.

i mean, the founding fathers must be proud......LOL

My apologies, but it would take quite a bit of looking back at the Washington Post website to find the contention that Sessions met with Russians while he was a Trump campaign surrogate.
That is not what I asked. I asked for a link which says Sessions met with the Russians for campaign business and not Senate business.

No one, as far as I can recall, ever said he met them for campaign business.

And that is why Sessions didn't necessarily lie, as he didn't think his Senate duties which brought him into contact with Russians and other foreigners had anything to do with his capacities as a Trump surrogate.

It was Franken who conflated the two jobs when he was questioning Sessions. That was low politics, since Franken is a Senator himself and knows damn well they all meet with foreigners regularly. That fact about the life of a Senator literally went without saying as they addressed each other, and Franken abused the public's ignorance of that fact.

Last edited:
That is not what I asked. I asked for a link which says Sessions met with the Russians for campaign business and not Senate business.

And that is why Sessions didn't necessarily lie, as he didn't think his Senate duties which brought him into contact with Russians and other foreigners had anything to do with his capacities as a Trump surrogate.

This is the best I can do....I am sure that if you did your own search, you could find additional info.

The Washington Post reported March 1 that Sessions had two undisclosed meetings with Kislyak during the campaign, which brought Sessions into the widening Russia scandal for the first time.

Sessions recused himself from overseeing the FBI's Russia investigation one day later.

"Let me be clear," Sessions said before announcing his recusal, "I never had meetings with Russian operatives or Russian intermediaries about the Trump campaign."

He then amended his Senate Judiciary Committee testimony to note the two reported interactions he had with Kislyak. In the amended testimony, the former Alabama senator said he spoke "briefly" in July 2016 to the Russian ambassador during the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. He also said that he spoke with the Russian ambassador in September 2016 in his Senate office with his staff members. He said he did not initially list those meetings because he did not think they were relevant to the questions asked during the confirmation proceedings.

He added: "I do not recall any discussions with the Russian ambassador or any other representative of the Russian government, regarding the political campaign on these occasions or any other occasion."

DOJ: AG Sessions did not disclose meetings with Russian officials - CNNPolitics.com

He added: "I do not recall any discussions with the Russian ambassador or any other representative of the Russian government, regarding the political campaign on these occasions or any other occasion."

Just so. Not even Franken has accused Sessions of discussing campaign-related business with the Russians. The context was whether Sessions was colluding with the Russians in their efforts to meddle in our election.

As I said above, it was Franken who conflated the two jobs when he was questioning Sessions. Franken played a pretty dirty trick on Sessions.

Just so. Not even Franken has accused Sessions of discussing campaign-related business with the Russians. The context was whether Sessions was colluding with the Russians in their efforts to meddle in our election.

As I said above, it was Franken who conflated the two jobs when he was questioning Sessions. Franken played a pretty dirty trick on Sessions.

Again, I honestly do not know (nor can conjecture) why Sessions chose to so quickly and readily recuse himself....

Again, I honestly do not know (nor can conjecture) why Sessions chose to so quickly and readily recuse himself....
Well, as I said above, Sessions has been around Washington a very, very long time and can probably smell an interminable scandal from a hundred miles away and just decided to climb out of the shit soup early so as to get as little stench on him as possible.

This is the best I can do....I am sure that if you did your own search, you could find additional info.

The Washington Post reported March 1 that Sessions had two undisclosed meetings with Kislyak during the campaign, which brought Sessions into the widening Russia scandal for the first time.

Sessions recused himself from overseeing the FBI's Russia investigation one day later.

"Let me be clear," Sessions said before announcing his recusal, "I never had meetings with Russian operatives or Russian intermediaries about the Trump campaign."

He then amended his Senate Judiciary Committee testimony to note the two reported interactions he had with Kislyak. In the amended testimony, the former Alabama senator said he spoke "briefly" in July 2016 to the Russian ambassador during the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. He also said that he spoke with the Russian ambassador in September 2016 in his Senate office with his staff members. He said he did not initially list those meetings because he did not think they were relevant to the questions asked during the confirmation proceedings.

DOJ: AG Sessions did not disclose meetings with Russian officials - CNNPolitics.com

He has said repeatedly (a couple of times under oath) that he never spoke to a Russian in relation to the Trump campaign. Now either you have some proof that he's lying or you don't. We can't convict people on assumption or suspicion. That's just not how things work in our country.

Why did he recuse? He explained it when he did it. It would be an unethical conflict of interest for him to oversee any investigation of a campaign he worked on. I know that it's RARE for you to witness a politician upholding a high ethical standard but that doesn't mean he is guilty of something.

The man even voluntarily went back to congress to set the record straight on his two meetings with the ambassador. He wasn't forced to do that and didn't have to do it... just as he didn't have to recuse himself. Sessions is just a straight arrow who is above reproach. A rarity in politics these days and something Democrats can't believe.

Forum List

Back