In-Depth Fortune Story on "Fast & Furious" Paints Totally Different Picture Than Issa

...and Obama and Holder continue the coverup because....?

That's a good question. I'd definitely like to see the papers produced. I don't agree with stymieing the investigation. But I just don't buy the second amendment bullshit. It's to me, very easily identified as a fucked up situation, compounded by operational mistakes. Nothing more. But yes, I do want them to be more forthcoming with the documentation.

Didn't he already say that covert agents' identities would be compromised if the papers WERE released?

Even democrats don't believe it. More and more dems have indicated they are going to vote for contempt. 21 so far.
Obama has been outed as a goddamned liar!
AGAIN!

Even the most staunch Democrat will one day see the light and call the bastard out for his lies and deception!

Obama is TOAST!

You know, that stupid ass paging down shit to make some huge point that didn't need making smacks of Shaman on the irritability front. I'd like to slap whoever gave you internet access.

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal - Fortune Features

Indeed, a six-month Fortune investigation reveals that the public case alleging that Voth and his colleagues walked guns is replete with distortions, errors, partial truths, and even some outright lies. Fortune reviewed more than 2,000 pages of confidential ATF documents and interviewed 39 people, including seven law-enforcement agents with direct knowledge of the case. Several, including Voth, are speaking out for the first time.

So...now what, Right Wing nutjobs? Where's your indignation going to rest if it turns out this was, at the end of the day, a fuck up and nothing more?

Quite simply, there's a fundamental misconception at the heart of the Fast and Furious scandal. Nobody disputes that suspected straw purchasers under surveillance by the ATF repeatedly bought guns that eventually fell into criminal hands. Issa and others charge that the ATF intentionally allowed guns to walk as an operational tactic. But five law-enforcement agents directly involved in Fast and Furious tell Fortune that the ATF had no such tactic. They insist they never purposefully allowed guns to be illegally trafficked. Just the opposite: They say they seized weapons whenever they could but were hamstrung by prosecutors and weak laws, which stymied them at every turn.

When all this gets out, and you know it will, I know the Right Wing will say it's all bullshit, but it's looking more and more like Issa's crusade against Holder and ultimately Obama is full of half-truths and lies. Or as we call it in the biz: BULLSHIT.

Good times, guys. Way to gin-up a scandal!

Oh, my. This has all the makings of a novel and movie rolled up into one.

:thup:

Nice find.

CBS vs Fortune. This will be an interesting battle.

I love the doomsingers. Unless they're part of the Psychic Network, they don't know shit. But they insist on making these proclamations like people actually ascribe value to their opinions.

Its disturbing when partisan hacks are willing to give politicians an automatic pass.We have a dead officer but that just doesn't matter,they are on "my team".

This issue is not about Issa. It's about a program that was designed to further gun control laws.

And don't tell me that's bullshit. I've put up the link to CBS who has copies of the emails that prove it a quizzillion times already.

Holder's not getting out of this.

Neither is Obama.

I've gone thru all the reports she's made at CBS since she broke the story and they are loaded for bear.

From interviews, to documents, to emails, to video. They've really surprised me on this. And it's wild what Attkisson has got on F&F.

Meanwhile, I present all the data from CBS to the OP and it dismissed the CBS evidence as "old news".:lol:

Liberal thought process never ceases to amaze me.

Its disturbing when partisan hacks are willing to give politicians an automatic pass.We have a dead officer but that just doesn't matter,they are on "my team".

Well there is at least one Democrat that has come out and defected from the party on this, bless his soul. He's going to vote for contempt.

Nice to see someone with a sense of decency in Washington.

This issue is not about Issa. It's about a program that was designed to further gun control laws.

And don't tell me that's bullshit. I've put up the link to CBS who has copies of the emails that prove it a quizzillion times already.

Neither is Obama.

I've gone thru all the reports she's made at CBS since she broke the story and they are loaded for bear.

From interviews, to documents, to emails, to video. They've really surprised me on this. And it's wild what Attkisson has got on F&F.

Meanwhile, I present all the data from CBS to the OP and it dismissed the CBS evidence as "old news".:lol:

Liberal thought process never ceases to amaze me.

And as I posted earlier in the thread regarding Issa's letter to Obama...

Obama has some explaining to do. Will he answer the letter?

Either You Were Involved in ‘Fast & Furious’ or You Are Asserting a Presidential Power That You Know to be Unjustified: Rep. Issa’s Scathing Letter to President Obama

football.jpg

From the story;

In their Jan. 5 meeting, Hurley suggested another way to make a case: Voth's team could wiretap the phone of a suspected recruiter and capture proof of him directing straw purchasers to buy guns. This would establish sufficient proof to arrest both the leaders and the followers.

On Jan. 8, 2010, Voth and his supervisors drafted a briefing paper in which they explained Hurley's view that "there was minimal evidence at this time to support any type of prosecution." The paper elaborated, "Currently our strategy is to allow the transfer of firearms to continue to take place, albeit at a much slower pace, in order to further the investigation and allow for the identification of additional co-conspirators."

Rep. Issa's committee has flagged this document as proof that the agents chose to walk guns. But prosecutors had determined, Voth says, that the "transfer of firearms" was legal. Agents had no choice but to keep investigating and start a wiretap as quickly as possible to gather evidence of criminal intent.

Ten days after the meeting with Hurley, a Saturday, Jaime Avila, a transient, admitted methamphetamine user, bought three WASR-10 rifles at the Lone Wolf Trading Company in Glendale, Ariz. The next day, a helpful Lone Wolf employee faxed Avila's purchase form to ATF to flag the suspicious activity. It was the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend, so the agents didn't receive the fax until Tuesday, according to a contemporaneous case report. By that time, the legally purchased guns had been gone for three days. The agents had never seen the weapons and had no chance to seize them. But they entered the serial numbers into their gun database. Two of these were later recovered at Brian Terry's murder scene.

No one cares what you have to say. You lost credibility ages ago.

:rofl:

Even democrats don't believe it. More and more dems have indicated they are going to vote for contempt. 21 so far.
AGAIN!

Even the most staunch Democrat will one day see the light and call the bastard out for his lies and deception!

Obama is TOAST!

You know, that stupid ass paging down shit to make some huge point that didn't need making smacks of Shaman on the irritability front. I'd like to slap whoever gave you internet access.
What a liberal thing to say. We all have access to the internet. Your desire to silence me is akin to Obama's saying we should not listen to Fox radio...

because they talk bad about him.

Fuck you and those like you!

Last edited:
AGAIN!

Obama is TOAST!

What a liberal thing to say. We are have access to the internet. Your desire to silence me is akin to Obama's saying we should not listen to Fox radio...

No, it really does suck. You suck at the Internet. Please stop.

AGAIN!

Obama is TOAST!

Fuck YOU BD Barf. I'd like to draw and quarter your Internet Provider for not giving you a test first. YOU are clearly incompetent BOOB with the shit you post.:eusa_hand:

AGAIN!

Obama is TOAST!

Fuck YOU BD Barf. I'd like to draw and quarter your Internet Provider for not giving you a test first. YOU are clearly incompetent BOOB with the shit you post.:eusa_hand:

What got up Mel Gibson's ass?

AGAIN!

Obama is TOAST!

What a liberal thing to say. We are have access to the internet. Your desire to silence me is akin to Obama's saying we should not listen to Fox radio...

Sad, isn't it? Especially with the tripe she posts.

Forum List

Back