In-Depth Fortune Story on "Fast & Furious" Paints Totally Different Picture Than Issa

Even democrats don't believe it. More and more dems have indicated they are going to vote for contempt. 21 so far.

...and Obama and Holder continue the coverup because....?

That's a good question. I'd definitely like to see the papers produced. I don't agree with stymieing the investigation. But I just don't buy the second amendment bullshit. It's to me, very easily identified as a fucked up situation, compounded by operational mistakes. Nothing more. But yes, I do want them to be more forthcoming with the documentation.

I'll go with the in-depth investigative journalism that's more recent, okay?

You guys keep going with your current posture on this news:

fingers+in+ears.jpg

CBS's investigation is on going. They've been on Fast and Furious right from the get go. They have videos, documents, interviews, copies of emails.

CBS has shocked me by actually performing a random act of journalism. Their coverage is in depth and balls to the wall.

In typical liberal fashion you believe the Fortune investigation because it plays to your wet dreams of "evil radical lunatic conservatives trying to take down Obama over nothing".

So you're believing the CBS story over the Fortune story for unbiased, non-politically motivated reasons?

No. Somehow they were able to actually speak to the people involved and listened. Amazing how journalism works,huh?

Not kidding about the Immodium AD :D.

This is how journalism works.

Agent Dodson and other sources say the gun walking strategy was approved all the way up to the Justice Department. The idea was to see where the guns ended up, build a big case and take down a cartel. And it was all kept secret from Mexico.

ATF named the case "Fast and Furious."

Surveillance video obtained by CBS News shows suspected drug cartel suppliers carrying boxes of weapons to their cars at a Phoenix gun shop. The long boxes shown in the video being loaded in were AK-47-type assault rifles.

So it turns out ATF not only allowed it - they videotaped it.

Documents show the inevitable result: The guns that ATF let go began showing up at crime scenes in Mexico. And as ATF stood by watching thousands of weapons hit the streets... the Fast and Furious group supervisor noted the escalating Mexican violence.

One e-mail noted, "958 killed in March 2010 ... most violent month since 2005." The same e-mail notes: "Our subjects purchased 359 firearms during March alone," including "numerous Barrett .50 caliber rifles."

Dodson feels that ATF was partly to blame for the escalating violence in Mexico and on the border. "I even asked them if they could see the correlation between the two," he said. "The more our guys buy, the more violence we're having down there."

Senior agents including Dodson told CBS News they confronted their supervisors over and over.

Their answer, according to Dodson, was, "If you're going to make an omelette, you've got to break some eggs."

Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News

Yeah. You keep citing those old news stories. That'll totally keep this mess from blowing up in Issa's face.

You silly person. Evidence is ageless. And truth knows no date.

I'll go with the in-depth investigative journalism that's more recent, okay?

You guys keep going with your current posture on this news:

fingers+in+ears.jpg

CBS's investigation is on going. They've been on Fast and Furious right from the get go. They have videos, documents, interviews, copies of emails.

CBS has shocked me by actually performing a random act of journalism. Their coverage is in depth and balls to the wall.

In typical liberal fashion you believe the Fortune investigation because it plays to your wet dreams of "evil radical lunatic conservatives trying to take down Obama over nothing".

So you're believing the CBS story over the Fortune story for unbiased, non-politically motivated reasons?

Surely you aren't attempting to insinuate that CBS is a radical right wing media outlet politically motivated to destroy the Obama administration?

If so, please ask your therapist to up the voltage in your next session.

Surely you aren't attempting to insinuate that CBS is a radical right wing media outlet politically motivated to destroy the Obama administration?

If so, please ask your therapist to up the voltage in your next session.

No, I'm asserting that you're choosing to believe one story of the other for political reasons, making you a hypocrite.

IF (a huge if) but IF it turns out to be JUST a fuck up, that doesn't explain the President's coverup use of Executive Privilege.

Something stinks there (aside from your liberal dementia).

Even democrats don't believe it. More and more dems have indicated they are going to vote for contempt. 21 so far.
Obama has been outed as a goddamned liar!

AGAIN!

Even the most staunch Democrat will one day see the light and call the bastard out for his lies and deception!

Obama is TOAST!

...and Obama and Holder continue the coverup because....?

That's a good question. I'd definitely like to see the papers produced. I don't agree with stymieing the investigation. But I just don't buy the second amendment bullshit. It's to me, very easily identified as a fucked up situation, compounded by operational mistakes. Nothing more. But yes, I do want them to be more forthcoming with the documentation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nM0asnCXD0]Eric Holder "Brainwash People" about Guns - YouTube[/ame]

Yea I am sure Fortune knows so much more than Issa does.

And if nothing bad is happening, why wouldn't the Hussein and Holder just give them the documents they want?

I knew this would be your response. Good. I'm glad that Conservatives still don't understand what real journalism looks like.

The point, dear stupids, is that indeed the Fortune investigation DOES know more than Issa, because unlike Issa, they actually did some real investigation, asked questions of the ATF unit in question, you know, silly things like that.

Ha ha ha. This story WILL be the next Clinton Blowjob. Enjoy the loss of credibility, fuckos.

I read the Fortune piece, and was struck by how a journalist like Doris Burke would allow herself to be used by people in this Administration to put forth a narrative that it was lax gun control laws and reluctant prosecutors that was to blame for the failure of Fast & Furious and not the incompetence of high level people in the ATF and the DOJ. It's obvious to anyone who read that article or any OTHER articles about F&F that the ATF made no attempts to trace weapons or arrest those who were trafficking them until AFTER Brian Terry's death. This "schism" that existed in the Phoenix ATF office? It was because half the team couldn't understand what they were doing!!! ATF policy had always been to STOP the movement of weapons and arrest those doing so. Fast and Furious didn't even TRY to make arrests. By the way...I LOVE the"anonymous" agents that people like Burke come up with to counter the "named" agents like Dodson. If it really WAS the way Burke "says" it was? Why don't those anonymous agents go on the record as Dodson did and put THEIR careers on the line?

And if nothing bad is happening, why wouldn't the Hussein and Holder just give them the documents they want?

You and truthy probably know more than ISSA knows. :laugh2:

Why do administrations invoke executive privilege? You don't know?

how fucking stupid can you be, as stupid as Issa?

I knew this would be your response. Good. I'm glad that Conservatives still don't understand what real journalism looks like.

The point, dear stupids, is that indeed the Fortune investigation DOES know more than Issa, because unlike Issa, they actually did some real investigation, asked questions of the ATF unit in question, you know, silly things like that.

Ha ha ha. This story WILL be the next Clinton Blowjob. Enjoy the loss of credibility, fuckos.

So somehow Fortune Magazine was able to get a hold of documents that the DOJ won't release to a Congressional committee??

Personally, I'd be more apt to believe those ATF folks if their documents match their words, but unfortunately Eric Withholder doesn't want to give any of us that opportunity.

Why is that?
:muahaha:

Eric Withholder......Now that's funneh....

Rep. Darrell Issa, American Role Model, Has Been Accused Of Car Theft Three Times - So Far | Crooks and Liars

Issa accused his brother of stealing the car, and said that the experience with his brother was the reason he went into the car alarm business.

A day after a court order was issued, giving Issa control of automotive alarm company A.C. Custom over an unpaid $60,000 debt, Issa allegedly carried a cardboard box containing a handgun into the office of A.C. Custom executive, Jack Frantz, and told Frantz he was fired.

In a 1998 newspaper article, Frantz said Issa had invited him to hold the gun and claimed extensive knowledge of guns and explosives from his Army service.

In response, Issa said, "Shots were never fired. ... I don't recall having a gun. I really don't. I don't think I ever pulled a gun on anyone in my life."

Just like the birther crap, as long as there is anything being withheld it must contain the smoking gun that will make all the suspicion justified, there may actually be something out there that will get traction enough to damage the Obama administration but this isn't it.

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal - Fortune Features

Indeed, a six-month Fortune investigation reveals that the public case alleging that Voth and his colleagues walked guns is replete with distortions, errors, partial truths, and even some outright lies. Fortune reviewed more than 2,000 pages of confidential ATF documents and interviewed 39 people, including seven law-enforcement agents with direct knowledge of the case. Several, including Voth, are speaking out for the first time.

So...now what, Right Wing nutjobs? Where's your indignation going to rest if it turns out this was, at the end of the day, a fuck up and nothing more?

"Republican senators are whipping up the country into a psychotic frenzy with these reports that are patently false," says Linda Wallace, a special agent with the Internal Revenue Service's criminal investigation unit who was assigned to the Fast and Furious team (and recently retired from the IRS). A self-described gun-rights supporter, Wallace has not been criticized by Issa's committee.

Quite simply, there's a fundamental misconception at the heart of the Fast and Furious scandal. Nobody disputes that suspected straw purchasers under surveillance by the ATF repeatedly bought guns that eventually fell into criminal hands. Issa and others charge that the ATF intentionally allowed guns to walk as an operational tactic. But five law-enforcement agents directly involved in Fast and Furious tell Fortune that the ATF had no such tactic. They insist they never purposefully allowed guns to be illegally trafficked. Just the opposite: They say they seized weapons whenever they could but were hamstrung by prosecutors and weak laws, which stymied them at every turn.

When all this gets out, and you know it will, I know the Right Wing will say it's all bullshit, but it's looking more and more like Issa's crusade against Holder and ultimately Obama is full of half-truths and lies. Or as we call it in the biz: BULLSHIT.

Good times, guys. Way to gin-up a scandal!

Oh, my. This has all the makings of a novel and movie rolled up into one.

:thup:

Nice find.

This issue is not about Issa. It's about a program that was designed to further gun control laws.

And don't tell me that's bullshit. I've put up the link to CBS who has copies of the emails that prove it a quizzillion times already.

Holder's not getting out of this.

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal - Fortune Features

Indeed, a six-month Fortune investigation reveals that the public case alleging that Voth and his colleagues walked guns is replete with distortions, errors, partial truths, and even some outright lies. Fortune reviewed more than 2,000 pages of confidential ATF documents and interviewed 39 people, including seven law-enforcement agents with direct knowledge of the case. Several, including Voth, are speaking out for the first time.

So...now what, Right Wing nutjobs? Where's your indignation going to rest if it turns out this was, at the end of the day, a fuck up and nothing more?

Quite simply, there's a fundamental misconception at the heart of the Fast and Furious scandal. Nobody disputes that suspected straw purchasers under surveillance by the ATF repeatedly bought guns that eventually fell into criminal hands. Issa and others charge that the ATF intentionally allowed guns to walk as an operational tactic. But five law-enforcement agents directly involved in Fast and Furious tell Fortune that the ATF had no such tactic. They insist they never purposefully allowed guns to be illegally trafficked. Just the opposite: They say they seized weapons whenever they could but were hamstrung by prosecutors and weak laws, which stymied them at every turn.

When all this gets out, and you know it will, I know the Right Wing will say it's all bullshit, but it's looking more and more like Issa's crusade against Holder and ultimately Obama is full of half-truths and lies. Or as we call it in the biz: BULLSHIT.

Good times, guys. Way to gin-up a scandal!

they will look like they always do when they go wingnuttilicious.

This is so much fun from the outside. I'm usually in the deep fryer with the wings (when these threads happen.) :thup:

Forum List

Back