I'm Starting To Become Of The Mind That ALL USMB RWers Aren't That Bad

Under Bush the national do not call list was imposed on businesses, and it's been very bad for the economy. We need legislation that is less restrictive on businesses. The government has been killing businesses in the name of consumer rights, and when consumers really need protection, government is asleep at the wheel.
Obviously people wanted it and opted to include their names on the list or it wouldn't even be an issue. Don't call me with advertising on my cell phone unless you plan to pay my cell phone bill, it's minutes you're charged on whether the call goes in or out.

So every bill it's majority rules? The national do not call list bill hurt business. If people not not want to be called by a business, than when that business calls, they should instruct that business to put them on the businesses do not call list.

Many businesses are predicated on being able to call consumers, and we need to jump start those businesses, not place restrictions on them.

You kind of have a point with the argument that some cell phone customers get charged for an incoming call, but most don't, and if you're one that does, you can simply register on the national do not call list, and no one can call your number. The people can protect their consumer rights themselves, without government taking away liberty from people in business.

The national do not call list was nothing more than providing the consumer a single place to voluntarily opt of of receiving phone calls because lots of call centers did not aqueous to the consumers request to be removed from the call list. It's nothing more than a freakin' clearing house. If you make your money via advertising by phone then I suggest you find another method to generate income. Duh!

Obviously people wanted it and opted to include their names on the list or it wouldn't even be an issue. Don't call me with advertising on my cell phone unless you plan to pay my cell phone bill, it's minutes you're charged on whether the call goes in or out.

So every bill it's majority rules? The national do not call list bill hurt business. If people not not want to be called by a business, than when that business calls, they should instruct that business to put them on the businesses do not call list.

Many businesses are predicated on being able to call consumers, and we need to jump start those businesses, not place restrictions on them.

You kind of have a point with the argument that some cell phone customers get charged for an incoming call, but most don't, and if you're one that does, you can simply register on the national do not call list, and no one can call your number. The people can protect their consumer rights themselves, without government taking away liberty from people in business.

The national do not call list was nothing more than providing the consumer a single place to voluntarily opt of of receiving phone calls because lots of call centers did not aqueous to the consumers request to be removed from the call list. It's nothing more than a freakin' clearing house. If you make your money via advertising by phone then I suggest you find another method to generate income. Duh!

You're obviously a moron, by the if you don't like it just change your business model suggestion.

If a consumer asked for a company to take them off their calling list, and the company didn't comply, than the consumer can sue or report them to the better business bureau. Which are the same options, when a company calls you today, if you're on the National do not call list.

EDIT; and it's because of the national do not call list, that companies, that follow the rules, are not able to get in touch with many potential clients for the first time, but fuck it maybe they should apply your suggestion- just find a new way of doing business.

Last edited:

You're obviously a moron, by the if you don't like it just change your business model suggestion.

If a consumer asked for a company to take them off their calling list, and the company didn't comply, than the consumer can sue or report them to the better business bureau. Which are the same options, when a company calls you today, if you're on the National do not call list.

EDIT; and it's because of the national do not call list, that companies, that follow the rules, are not able to get in touch with many potential clients for the first time, but fuck it maybe they should apply your suggestion- just find a new way of doing business.
I guess you missed the part about voluntary, oops.
Now what was that about you being a moron? Careful, it shows.

Who said it wasn't voluntary?

Maybe your not a moron, I take it back, but you have no grasp on business with respect to regulation.

Who said it wasn't voluntary?

Maybe your not a moron, I take it back, but you have no grasp on business with respect to regulation.

Where does it regulate (force) consumers to add their name to the list? Obviously consumers wanted it and in essence "voted with their pocket books", don't blame the government on this one, it's consumer driven. That means direct marketers either have to adapt their business model or find another economic vehicle, like many others have had to do in the past and many will have to do in the future. Oh yeah, I really know nothing about business.......... :rolleyes:

Ideologically me and Jake are the same, with the exception of my stance on homosexuality which is more religious than right leaning. He is a conservative just like I am. In fact before switching to being an Independent I was a registered Republican but a moderate/liberal Republican.

A liberal republican is not a conservative. They are the common everyday RINO.
As for you admitting that you and jake hold the same views that's nothing unknown here, everybody knows jake is a liberal, well of course with exception to you.

There is a such thing as liberal Republicans, Republicans who are not far right out of this world, people like Colin Powell, Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, Lincoln Chaffee, etc, these current crop in the party are straight extreme ideologues and if you had more moderate/liberal Republicans we wouldn't be having all of this deadlock.

The same could be said about the extremists on the left. If there weren't so many of them we wouldn't be having all of this deadlock.

Immie

And, as there is nothing to worry about from that bill, you are still showing all of us that you are a moron.

Under Bush the national do not call list was imposed on businesses, and it's been very bad for the economy. We need legislation that is less restrictive on businesses. The government has been killing businesses in the name of consumer rights, and when consumers really need protection, government is asleep at the wheel.

I think the Do Not Call list was the best thing that ever happened!!! I hate getting calls from solicitors, and you could tell them no 1000 times and they would STILL call again.

I can't see how that would have hurt the economy, the people that wouldn't have talked to them anyway (like me) still wouldn't have and would put them on the list. The ones that will sit and listen to their crap would be the only ones that would have bought something anyway. So that's not an issue and had no effect on the economy.

And, as there is nothing to worry about from that bill, you are still showing all of us that you are a moron.

How on earth can you say the Do Not Call List has been bad for business? For one thing, it has saved them a hell of a lot of money! It keeps them from calling people who wouldn't buy from them for any reason whatsoever. Time is money. If I am on the DNCL, they know not to bother calling me because I'm not going to buy from them.

Only a fool buys from a telephone solicitor anyway.

By me being on the DNCL, it saves a lot of time for both me and the idiots who think they have to harass me at all hours of the day and night and it saves them from being hung up on... of course now with Caller ID, most of them just sit there until the phone stops ringing. The sad thing about the phone companies answering machines are that they answer on the fourth ring. I'd rather let those jerks that call me trying to sell me something sit on the phone for 40-50 rings wasting time and money.

Oh, by the way, in case you have not figured it out, I can't stand telephone solicitors. They rank below politicians on the scale of lowest professions in my book.

Immie

You do realize that probably 99% of the people that are calling you live in INDIA?????? If they call me, and they work for an American company, i'll never do business with that company again. Besides the fact you can't understand much of what they're saying on the phone! Give me a break!!!!!

In the last couple of months I've been getting quite a number of reps from members that I've almost always been at odds with ideologicially, politically and/or otherwise. Had more than a few personal exchanges via PMs on issues we've found agreement or mutual respect on. I'm surprised by every one. Even more shocking is that I've even had agreements with some of the ones that are labelled racist radical RWers, even by myself in the past. :eek:

I have to say, it's softening me on you guys. I guess that's a good thing. I don't find pleasure in having to debunk and/or riducule my opposition all the time. Well...lemme adjust that, I PREFER NOT to have to do that, I do enjoy it while I'm doing it though (hehehe :D). However, I prefer NOT to have to do that. I prefer to have rationale debate where we can exchange our ideas, opinions, based on facts that we all recognize to be...facts.

I'm starting to see signs of this more and more, despite the political climate. Which tells me there's glimmer of hope. I won't name names, I'm sure that might make them lose points with the other rabid USMB RWers, like CalifnornaiGirl (yeah, I'll name her) but I had to post that I'm experiencing a change in the overall climate, which is uplifting...IMO.

I'm finding myself taking stock of the USMB RWers and looking at them differently. I hope they're doing to same.

I'm trying to figure just what you are up to here ? ? :confused:

In the last couple of months I've been getting quite a number of reps from members that I've almost always been at odds with ideologicially, politically and/or otherwise. Had more than a few personal exchanges via PMs on issues we've found agreement or mutual respect on. I'm surprised by every one. Even more shocking is that I've even had agreements with some of the ones that are labelled racist radical RWers, even by myself in the past. :eek:

I have to say, it's softening me on you guys. I guess that's a good thing. I don't find pleasure in having to debunk and/or riducule my opposition all the time. Well...lemme adjust that, I PREFER NOT to have to do that, I do enjoy it while I'm doing it though (hehehe :D). However, I prefer NOT to have to do that. I prefer to have rationale debate where we can exchange our ideas, opinions, based on facts that we all recognize to be...facts.

I'm starting to see signs of this more and more, despite the political climate. Which tells me there's glimmer of hope. I won't name names, I'm sure that might make them lose points with the other rabid USMB RWers, like CalifnornaiGirl (yeah, I'll name her) but I had to post that I'm experiencing a change in the overall climate, which is uplifting...IMO.

I'm finding myself taking stock of the USMB RWers and looking at them differently. I hope they're doing to same.

Just expressing myself is all.

You should name names, so people can appreciate, your self-righteous, self-important, back-handed-compliments.

Its is good that your're starting to open your eyes, as to how profoundly biased you have been, but don't act like the hole world is changing because you are (you're not that important), and if you are really learning from people you had opposed, maybe than you should show a bit more humility.

Why I oughtta...pepper spray you very nonchalantly.

*shaking fist*

:thup:

And, I am confused by folks thinking your OP is smug.

I'm just glad your mind is opening a bit. I'm glad when anyone's does.

Yeh that's what the Greeks said they were doing when they left that horse on the beach ...
I saw that Brad Pitt movie...

Yeh that's what the Greeks said they were doing when they left that horse on the beach ...
I saw that Brad Pitt movie...

This....is SPARTAAAAAAAHHH!!!!

this_is_sparta.jpg

Oh....wrong movie. :eusa_whistle:

I've been guilty of being very rigid and closed-minded in the past. But i'm trying to fix that. Message Boards tend to bring out the worst in us. Most of us get so fixated on proving ourselves right that we feel we must ridicule and belittle others to accomplish that. It's a weakness in human nature and the nature of the beast as far as Message Boards go. QUOTE]

Plus it's fun and often very very funny.

As I said a Liberal republican is a rino Republican in name only. George Bush Jr. and SR are Rinos

Whatever, you extremists don't get to define who is a real Republican, the extremists to me are fakes and the real RINOS.

You don't get to decide who is an 'extremist'. Moron.

Nobody decides that. They just observe behavior. If you don't want to be viewed as a right wing extremist nut, then you should not act like one.

Forum List

Back