I'm Starting To Become Of The Mind That ALL USMB RWers Aren't That Bad

"Its good for a young man of twenty to be a Liberal, because it proves he has a heart.

Its equally bad for that same young man at fourty to not be a Conservative, because it proves he has no brain." Winston Churchill

WC would call you an extremist.

"Its good for a young man of twenty to be a Liberal, because it proves he has a heart.

Its equally bad for that same young man at fourty to not be a Conservative, because it proves he has no brain." Winston Churchill

After declaring that she "isn't" the type of person who argues reflexively against others...Truthmatters highjacks yet another string to argue reflexively against others. Priceless...

In the last couple of months I've been getting quite a number of reps from members that I've almost always been at odds with ideologicially, politically and/or otherwise. Had more than a few personal exchanges via PMs on issues we've found agreement or mutual respect on. I'm surprised by every one. Even more shocking is that I've even had agreements with some of the ones that are labelled racist radical RWers, even by myself in the past. :eek:

I have to say, it's softening me on you guys. I guess that's a good thing. I don't find pleasure in having to debunk and/or riducule my opposition all the time. Well...lemme adjust that, I PREFER NOT to have to do that, I do enjoy it while I'm doing it though (hehehe :D). However, I prefer NOT to have to do that. I prefer to have rationale debate where we can exchange our ideas, opinions, based on facts that we all recognize to be...facts.

I'm starting to see signs of this more and more, despite the political climate. Which tells me there's glimmer of hope. I won't name names, I'm sure that might make them lose points with the other rabid USMB RWers, like CalifnornaiGirl (yeah, I'll name her) but I had to post that I'm experiencing a change in the overall climate, which is uplifting...IMO.

I'm finding myself taking stock of the USMB RWers and looking at them differently. I hope they're doing to same.

You get NO pos rep from me, you little Communist twerp.

After declaring that she "isn't" the type of person who argues reflexively against others...Truthmatters highjacks yet another string to argue reflexively against others. Priceless...

How is it you failed to see the insult to the left in this posters post that I commented about?

He directly insulted all liberals.

Now if you had CH here today he would do as I suggested.

Winston Churchill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go read up about him.

he lived in a different time and regretted returning to the gold standard.

I stated what I believe CH would say about that posters veiws.

He insulted people with an old CH insult.

can you tell the differance?

i didnt think so

How is it you failed to see the insult to the left in this posters post that I commented about?

Go read up about him.

i didnt think so

Take another stupid pill and shuddup

In the last couple of months I've been getting quite a number of reps from members that I've almost always been at odds with ideologicially, politically and/or otherwise. Had more than a few personal exchanges via PMs on issues we've found agreement or mutual respect on. I'm surprised by every one. Even more shocking is that I've even had agreements with some of the ones that are labelled racist radical RWers, even by myself in the past. :eek:

I have to say, it's softening me on you guys. I guess that's a good thing. I don't find pleasure in having to debunk and/or riducule my opposition all the time. Well...lemme adjust that, I PREFER NOT to have to do that, I do enjoy it while I'm doing it though (hehehe :D). However, I prefer NOT to have to do that. I prefer to have rationale debate where we can exchange our ideas, opinions, based on facts that we all recognize to be...facts.

I'm starting to see signs of this more and more, despite the political climate. Which tells me there's glimmer of hope. I won't name names, I'm sure that might make them lose points with the other rabid USMB RWers, like CalifnornaiGirl (yeah, I'll name her) but I had to post that I'm experiencing a change in the overall climate, which is uplifting...IMO.

I'm finding myself taking stock of the USMB RWers and looking at them differently. I hope they're doing to same.

There are quite a few liberals here, that I enjoy sharing my reps with. It often is not for a political post, however. :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Go read up about him.

i didnt think so

Take another stupid pill and shuddup

And you wonder why someone would suggest your the stupid party?

There has been a softening that is apparent here.

Marc is correct.

I see it in everyone here.

The time tired old game of fight them even when they make sense in disapating.
I have never done that.

I have always said what I believe and have never said something I didnt believe in.

Everyone here is a real person even if that includes the ones who very well may be paid by someone to promote a certain veiw.

Every person who writes something cant help but put a little of themselves in it.

Know someone long enough on these internets and you can begin to get a jest of the person behind the words.

They have softened.

There are also a whole new slew of left leaning posters on here daily.

This site is now truely free and the effects are being felt.

Here is what I said.

try reading it again and see if you can understand it correctly this time

There are quite a few liberals here, that I enjoy sharing my reps with. It often is not for a political post, however. :lol:

But TDM is NOT one of them... :lol:

There are a lot of really terrific righties buried in there amongst the hacks and sockpuppets.

I always knew there were one or two peppered in-between the bunch.

However, what inspired this thread is a seeming SURGE of them, I mean, members that I've been at odds with repping me for something I totally did not expect, then us having private messages further discussing it.

I'm shocked...shocked!! :eek: (No sarcasm)

I think it's really cool of you to post what you did. And I know what you mean. I have found that it is a sense of humor that has endeared me to some of the righties. I think humor always does the trick, for me at least. Once somebody makes me laugh I tend to see them differently. :)

The rights strangle hold on this site is not longer here guys.

That is why you are seeing so many new liberal posters

This refers to when, say, myself or one of my fellow USMB LWers post something from say huffingtonpost.com or even NYtimes.com and you outright dismiss it w/o even reading citing something like say, "more librul media nonsense."

That stuff is frustrating, it does nothing to enhance the debate, it only shuts it down which causes more contention and strife. Especially when those same persons will turn right around and post something from, say, WSJ, britebart.tv, FOXNews.com, etc. as gospel and expect all to take it as such.

Let's work on basing our discussions on facts that we ALL recognize as facts.

Shall we?

This refers to when, say, myself or one of my fellow USMB LWers post something from say huffingtonpost.com or even NYtimes.com and you outright dismiss it w/o even reading citing something like say, "more librul media nonsense."

That stuff is frustrating, it does nothing to enhance the debate, it only shuts it down which causes more contention and strife. Especially when those same persons will turn right around and post something from, say, WSJ, britebart.tv, FOXNews.com, etc. as gospel and expect all to take it as such.

Let's work on basing our discussions on facts that we ALL recognize as facts.

Shall we?

You are correct, although there are some people on either side that are so ideologically bound that it's a waste of time to read their opinion. I do it anyway once in awhile, on some issues. Both here and on the net.

Much of the supporting evidence for an argument around here is based on somebody's statistics from a survey or study. And you know what they say about statistics, you can spin them in a different ways or find another set of stats that have different results. Conclusions may be drawn and inferences made that sometimes might be less than totally logical.

I agree, there are some good ones like Harry Dresden, he isn't all that bad, the same for JakeStarkey.

Dude Jake starkey is not a right winger.

Ideologically me and Jake are the same, with the exception of my stance on homosexuality which is more religious than right leaning. He is a conservative just like I am. In fact before switching to being an Independent I was a registered Republican but a moderate/liberal Republican.

Fakey is not even remotely a conservative.

He is simply a poseur.

And a transparent one at that.

Forum List

Back