I'm Starting To Become Of The Mind That ALL USMB RWers Aren't That Bad

You just don't get it!!! Your "opinion" is insincere because he did none of what you are saying!!! I saw his post as sincere and genuine. And if other people thought as you do, why did they not say so??? Or are you just making reference to the bitch???

I tend to disagree.

Yes, indeed Barry, I agree with your tendency to be disagreeable. You tend to disagree prior to discussion. When you enter the discussion then you usually disagree rather than tend to it. :lol:

I tend to disagree :lol:

But seriously, i have to stick up for myself here. I admit that I do have particularly strong views on some subjects, but I do try to listen, and there have been numerous times where I've admitted to being wrong, after hearing the other side.

Butthurt si modo neg reps me, as if she's teaching me a lesson, lol.

She loves to neg rep. I think it's very punky, like we're a bunch of high schoolers. But she really believes she upsets us when she does it. :)

Yanno guys, Marc did something decent in the middle of the giant indecency that most of these Message Board discussions are. How about catching that spirit and know that none of us are without some virtue and none of us are without feet of clay from time to time?

USMB has thoughtfully provided a flame zone for those who get their jollies insulting and ridiculing others. Please understand that isn't everybody's cup of tea, however, and this thread is not the place for that.

Let's accept a hand of friendship even if we do continue to have spirited disagreements. Most of us don't demand that everybody else agree with us in order to be acceptable and nothing but preaching to the choir gets really boring really quickly.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. I wish you all good food, good fellowship, and joy on a special day to give thanks for all our blessings.

Thank you!!! That is a really nice post. May you and yours have a wondeful Thanksgiving day!!

No, I have never been in sales. I am a terrible liar and realized that without that skill I would be a failure in the profession.

I could care less if they think the DNCL is "good" for business. It saves them a hell of a lot of money not having to call people that are just going to hang up on them anyway. And besides, people in "sales" never understand the costs of doing business. They think that as long as they make the sale everything is hunky-dorey. What they don't realize is that there are costs associated with every transaction as well as every sales attempt. They may make the commission on the sale, but if they made 250 calls that provided no sales at all, they may have eaten every dime of the companies profits on that one sale. But why should they care? They made their commission.

Immie

You're not in sales, yet you claim to know more than they know about running their business. You sure you don't work for the government?

First of all with the advent of voice over IP, phone calls cost next to nothing. I live in NY, so I have a lot of buddy's that are in retail, and they hate Bush because of the DNCL.

I'm an accountant. I happen to be the guy that has to keep the checking account in the black when those people think "hey great, I made a sale, now what is taking my commission check so long to cut and why do I have to pay FICA taxes? I don't care if you have to wait 60 days to get paid, give me my damned commission check NOW!"

Maybe you are one of the people that think that a sale is the best thing that happens to a company regardless of how much that sale cost to make? Sounds like it.

I don't give a shit whether your friends in NY hate Bush because of the DNCL, the fact is that there are costs associated with every aspect of business and you sales people seem to think that your commission checks are all that matter.

Oh, and in case you didn't know it, there is an intangible asset called "Goodwill". When you harass people that don't want to be harassed your "Goodwill" goes down the toilet. Someone earlier in this thread said that if they get phone solicitations, they will no longer purchase from that company again. That is a loss of "Goodwill".

Yes, I believe I happen to have a slightly better idea of the costs of doing business than you everyday sales clerks. :tongue:

Immie

I'm not a sales clerk:lol:

In the last couple of months I've been getting quite a number of reps from members that I've almost always been at odds with ideologicially, politically and/or otherwise. Had more than a few personal exchanges via PMs on issues we've found agreement or mutual respect on. I'm surprised by every one. Even more shocking is that I've even had agreements with some of the ones that are labelled racist radical RWers, even by myself in the past. :eek:

I have to say, it's softening me on you guys. I guess that's a good thing. I don't find pleasure in having to debunk and/or riducule my opposition all the time. Well...lemme adjust that, I PREFER NOT to have to do that, I do enjoy it while I'm doing it though (hehehe :D). However, I prefer NOT to have to do that. I prefer to have rationale debate where we can exchange our ideas, opinions, based on facts that we all recognize to be...facts.

I'm starting to see signs of this more and more, despite the political climate. Which tells me there's glimmer of hope. I won't name names, I'm sure that might make them lose points with the other rabid USMB RWers, like CalifnornaiGirl (yeah, I'll name her) but I had to post that I'm experiencing a change in the overall climate, which is uplifting...IMO.

I'm finding myself taking stock of the USMB RWers and looking at them differently. I hope they're doing to same.

Being a Canadian Crossbreed (Liberal/Conservative) and a practicing Jew, I have found myself in a few discussions with you.

I have found you to be a fair discussion, and a persona who is entirely able to create a pathway to discussion. When you so choose to discuss ...

Therein lies your rub....

bub :lol:

:lol: You're confusing him with another Marc. What has gotten in to you?:cuckoo:

She loves to neg rep. I think it's very punky, like we're a bunch of high schoolers. But she really believes she upsets us when she does it. :)

She actually believes that neg repping me is going to make me change what I say and feel, lol, I'd repeat it again.

No wonder she's referred to by some as si meltdown ;)

All of her neg reps are proof that whoever she has neg repped has gotten to her, maybe the Hatch Act couldn't help her after all.

In the last couple of months I've been getting quite a number of reps from members that I've almost always been at odds with ideologicially, politically and/or otherwise. Had more than a few personal exchanges via PMs on issues we've found agreement or mutual respect on. I'm surprised by every one. Even more shocking is that I've even had agreements with some of the ones that are labelled racist radical RWers, even by myself in the past. :eek:

I have to say, it's softening me on you guys. I guess that's a good thing. I don't find pleasure in having to debunk and/or riducule my opposition all the time. Well...lemme adjust that, I PREFER NOT to have to do that, I do enjoy it while I'm doing it though (hehehe :D). However, I prefer NOT to have to do that. I prefer to have rationale debate where we can exchange our ideas, opinions, based on facts that we all recognize to be...facts.

I'm starting to see signs of this more and more, despite the political climate. Which tells me there's glimmer of hope. I won't name names, I'm sure that might make them lose points with the other rabid USMB RWers, like CalifnornaiGirl (yeah, I'll name her) but I had to post that I'm experiencing a change in the overall climate, which is uplifting...IMO.

I'm finding myself taking stock of the USMB RWers and looking at them differently. I hope they're doing to same.

Being a Canadian Crossbreed (Liberal/Conservative) and a practicing Jew, I have found myself in a few discussions with you.

I have found you to be a fair discussion, and a persona who is entirely able to create a pathway to discussion. When you so choose to discuss ...

Therein lies your rub....

bub :lol:

:lol: You're confusing him with another Marc. What has gotten in to you?:cuckoo:

No I'm not. What's got into you.... MarcATL and I have discussed down here and up there. ;)

I tend to disagree.

Yes, indeed Barry, I agree with your tendency to be disagreeable. You tend to disagree prior to discussion. When you enter the discussion then you usually disagree rather than tend to it. :lol:

I tend to disagree :lol:

But seriously, i have to stick up for myself here. I admit that I do have particularly strong views on some subjects, but I do try to listen, and there have been numerous times where I've admitted to being wrong, after hearing the other side.

OK, I agree with you, that's why it is a tendency and not a full blown characteristic, or worse yet; an obsessional drive... :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back