I’m Going to Get a Crossbow

200w.gif

I live in the U.K. where - many of you undoubtedly know - we are not allowed to carry pepper spray, let alone guns, to defend ourselves.

I live in a big city and have been subjected to very violent crime as well as home invasions.

I’m sick and tired of living in a situation where only the criminals have weapons and violent crime is on the rise.

Anyway, I recently read a story where a UK woman shot a home invader in the abdomen with a perfectly legal crossbow!

So, I’ve decided to get one, and will obviously do a lot of research, maybe join a club etc, but I know absolutley nothing about crossbows right now and wondered if any of you fantastic peeps have experience / knowledge of them?

I’m quite a slight girl - so no doubt that would factor into the size/type I would purchase?

TIA for any help

:thankusmile:

What you need is the fast loading assault cross bow.

But the clip MUST hold 5 arrows or less

Not with my handy dandy bump clip.

For only $19.99 I'll sell you one with set of Ginsue knives to go along with it!
Ginsue knives
Mooslim mayor of London banned those....

I live in the U.K. where - many of you undoubtedly know - we are not allowed to carry pepper spray, let alone guns, to defend ourselves.

I live in a big city and have been subjected to very violent crime as well as home invasions.

I’m sick and tired of living in a situation where only the criminals have weapons and violent crime is on the rise.

Anyway, I recently read a story where a UK woman shot a home invader in the abdomen with a perfectly legal crossbow!

So, I’ve decided to get one, and will obviously do a lot of research, maybe join a club etc, but I know absolutley nothing about crossbows right now and wondered if any of you fantastic peeps have experience / knowledge of them?

I’m quite a slight girl - so no doubt that would factor into the size/type I would purchase?

TIA for any help

For only $19.99 I'll sell you one with set of Ginsue knives to go along with it!
Ginsue knives

Yeah, I thought I read something about the Mayor of London wanting to ban knives. Lol. Pretty soon the Brits will have all the rights of 3 year olds. :D ROFL!

TIA for any help

Ginsue knives

But Muslims seem to love knives. How can that be?

Do you have a visualisation of the circumstances in which you'll use it and how it will be used? Like is it going to be hung cocked and loaded on the wall for years until it's required? Or will you load it as needed?

If you shoot a person attacking you won't you still be wrong?
Well, usually, like the pensioner a few weeks ago.
However in the case of this ‘granny’ - the gang escaped and neither they nor anyone else has ‘made a complaint’ so she hasn’t been charged - yet.

Shooting someone in the guts is likely to/ could result in peritonitis and death without medical treatment so it’s strange there’s no word on this filthy machete wielding bastard.

The risk of being charged is extremely high, but I don’t care anymore.
If someone invades my home I want to shoot them!
I may join a club to add a veneer of respectability/ innocent intentions ;-)

Here’s the ‘granny’. I’m going to look up her kit. But I think I’m erring on the side of the pistol type - not sure what she’s got there.

Anji Rhys, 49, managed to fight off the machete-wielding burglar when four intruders burst into her home - with the weapons fan now saying everyone should have something to defend themselves with.

JON BOND - THE SUN
Weapons fan Anji said one of the raiders called her a 'f***ing b***h' after he was shot in the stomach

Crossbow granny 'Granbo' says everyone should 'strike back' against burglars

Last edited:
I know a little (tiny bit - because my cousin is a bow hunter) about bows and have shot one before, but that was a compound bow and not a crossbow. A crossbow operates more like a gun I think where you pull a trigger instead of releasing the bow string. A crossbow would definitely be a lot more practical for self defense use than a compound bow, I can tell you THAT much. :D
Why do you think that?

Because you can't have a compound bow preloaded. You have to load an arrow, aiming it takes longer because you have to steady your hand. It would be very impractical tool for self defense when split seconds matter.
It takes 5 or 6 seconds to load.
What if you miss your one shot? I can shoot 5 arrows on my compound to one on a crossbow.
There is a reason cross bow shooters had a team surrounding them in battle centuries ago..

If you shoot a person attacking you won't you still be wrong?
Well, usually, like the pensioner a few weeks ago.
However in the case of this ‘granny’ - the gang escaped and neither they nor anyone else has ‘made a complaint’ so she hasn’t been charged.
The risk of being charged is extremely high, but I don’t care anymore.
If someone invades my home I want to shoot them!
I may join a club to add a veneer of respectability/ innocent intentions ;-)

Here’s the ‘granny’. I’m going to look up her kit. But I think I’m erring on the side of the pistol type - not sure what she’s got there.

Anji Rhys, 49, managed to fight off the machete-wielding burglar when four intruders burst into her home - with the weapons fan now saying everyone should have something to defend themselves with.

JON BOND - THE SUN
Weapons fan Anji said one of the raiders called her a 'f***ing b***h' after he was shot in the stomach

That little thing is really cool. I'll bet that is a lot of fun for target shooting too.

Do you have a visualisation of the circumstances in which you'll use it and how it will be used? Like is it going to be hung cocked and loaded on the wall for years until it's required? Or will you load it as needed?
I intend to have it loaded and ready.
And I might join a club to play with it as I think it would be fun.

It's probably a blast to shoot that cute little thing! :D I want one!

Only liberal idiots would not have a weapon loaded and ready for self defense. That is why we have public school shootings not private school shootings.

when-seconds-count-the-police-are-only-minutes-away-n1.jpg

I know a little (tiny bit - because my cousin is a bow hunter) about bows and have shot one before, but that was a compound bow and not a crossbow. A crossbow operates more like a gun I think where you pull a trigger instead of releasing the bow string. A crossbow would definitely be a lot more practical for self defense use than a compound bow, I can tell you THAT much. :D
Why do you think that?

Because you can't have a compound bow preloaded. You have to load an arrow, aiming it takes longer because you have to steady your hand. It would be very impractical tool for self defense when split seconds matter.
It takes 5 or 6 seconds to load.
What if you miss your one shot? I can shoot 5 arrows on my compound to one on a crossbow.
There is a reason cross bow shooters had a team surrounding them in battle centuries ago..
Is a compound much bigger than a CB though?

I like the look of that - and it has a laser sight! The reviews look good too.
It doesn’t ship to the U.K., from Amazon but I’m sure I could find somewhere that does, or maybe even in the U.K. thanks Tom.

This operates much quicker than the foot-cocker.....pretty slick.

It's probably a blast to shoot that cute little thing! :D I want one!
I was already considering taking up archery as it looks fun, but this has the advantage of killing two birds with one stone, ha ha.

Forum List

Back