I’m Going to Get a Crossbow

I mean, you want to shoot them to stop them. You don't want to just injure them and piss them off even more. That could mean a sure death sentence for you.
Bows are not quick for the untrained with practice though you can get to load a compound bow pretty quickley and send quite a few projectiles through the air in a short time. A gun is better but we are looking for ways around that!

I mean, you want to shoot them to stop them. You don't want to just injure them and piss them off even more. That could mean a sure death sentence for you.
Bows are not quick for the untrained with practice though you can get to load a compound bow pretty quickley and send quite a few projectiles through the air in a short time. A gun is better but we are looking for ways around that!

Well, I don't know enough about them to argue. I've never shot a crossbow. I did shoot a compound bow, but I am certainly no expert at it. I found it heavy and difficult to shoot and cumbersome. I am a small person and Tilly says that she is a small person too, so that is something to consider. Something lightweight and easy for to aim and shoot and something that you can access quickly.

Well, I don't know enough about them to argue. I've never shot a crossbow. I did shoot a compound bow, but I am certainly no expert at it. I found it heavy and difficult to shoot and cumbersome. I am a small person and Tilly says that she is a small person too, so that is something to consider. Something lightweight and easy for to aim and shoot and something that you can access quickly.

Yep, I just described a firearm. :D Women should insist on their right to have one and use one if necessary. There are some real monsters out there that come in the form of people.

Cross bows are very hard to load, a small female would have real difficulty with this. Much harder than a compound bow. If one is good at building a chu ko nu could be constructed that would eliminate this issue and allow for many bolts in the air at one time. This would take a fairlyskilled builder though!

Cross bows are very hard to load, a small female would have real difficulty with this. Much harder than a compound bow. If one is good at building a chu ko nu could be constructed that would eliminate this issue and allow for many bolts in the air at one time. This would take a fairlyskilled builder though!

Like a gun maybe! :D

Like a gun maybe! :D
Yes ,like a gun only no powder and not illegal over there! Also much quieter. You could take out a few assailants and no one would be the wiser. Have enough lime for the DNA and some other choice chemicals for the RNA, no one would ever even have to know!

Well now you did it, I just bought one, it will be here Tuesday.
The wife and I will play with it as we have a pistol range in the back yard.

It was $46 came with 15 bolts.

Attachments

• 61Gty3b9OZL__SL1000_.jpg
    61Gty3b9OZL__SL1000_.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 24
I live in the U.K. where - many of you undoubtedly know - we are not allowed to carry pepper spray, let alone guns, to defend ourselves.

I live in a big city and have been subjected to very violent crime as well as home invasions.

I’m sick and tired of living in a situation where only the criminals have weapons and violent crime is on the rise.

Anyway, I recently read a story where a UK woman shot a home invader in the abdomen with a perfectly legal crossbow!

So, I’ve decided to get one, and will obviously do a lot of research, maybe join a club etc, but I know absolutley nothing about crossbows right now and wondered if any of you fantastic peeps have experience / knowledge of them?

I’m quite a slight girl - so no doubt that would factor into the size/type I would purchase?

TIA for any help

:thankusmile:

Hi Tilly!

Check this on Amazon.....the arrows are called "bolts"...this is a pistol-type and self-cocking so it might be what you're looking for. :wink_2:

614qPcJ7FbL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJR2TPU/?tag=ff0d01-20

You know what they should make, a cross bow that also has a stun gun at the end..

You fire the arrow and if the bad guy has enough energy and trys to take it away from you he gets shocked.

I live in the U.K. where - many of you undoubtedly know - we are not allowed to carry pepper spray, let alone guns, to defend ourselves.

I live in a big city and have been subjected to very violent crime as well as home invasions.

I’m sick and tired of living in a situation where only the criminals have weapons and violent crime is on the rise.

Anyway, I recently read a story where a UK woman shot a home invader in the abdomen with a perfectly legal crossbow!

So, I’ve decided to get one, and will obviously do a lot of research, maybe join a club etc, but I know absolutley nothing about crossbows right now and wondered if any of you fantastic peeps have experience / knowledge of them?

I’m quite a slight girl - so no doubt that would factor into the size/type I would purchase?

TIA for any help

-------------------------------------------------------------- good for you Tilly and TN Harley makes a good point i think . Bow and arrows setup might also be something to consider . Since it would be used in your home [i reckon] , i'd suggest a short bow of some type because i don't think that you'd need a long range Bow . And a short [in size BOW ] would be easier to maneuver around with in your house think . Anyway , just my reasoning . Maybe a Bow made to be shot from horseback like the MONGELS used Tilly .

and i know nothing about BOW's , but short and powerful for in home use makes sense to me and i think that MONGOL Bow's were both short and powerful and killed lots of people . --- Seven Meadows Archery ---

Don't get one. You don't need one. You have chosen to live in a nation where your fellow citizens allowed you to be disarmed and made helpless. I don't even hear a significant voice in your nation to undo that mistake. So you should accept the view of your fellow citizens and Government and allow yourself to be a victim.

I prefer bows over crossbows simply because of "re-loading" time BUT that is just my opinion.
Either would be better than nothing tilly!

one shot one kill is the best motto

with my crossbow the got ask yourself this question when you are shooting a deer

do i want to take out the left or right ventricle

i usually use my regular bow but i ran across a deal where i could use one by permit

so i figured why not

TIA for any help

Hi Tilly!

Check this on Amazon.....the arrows are called "bolts"...this is a pistol-type and self-cocking so it might be what you're looking for. :wink_2:

614qPcJ7FbL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJR2TPU/?tag=ff0d01-20

You know what they should make, a cross bow that also has a stun gun at the end..

You fire the arrow and if the bad guy has enough energy and trys to take it away from you he gets shocked.

I'm pretty sure I'd just beat him with it. If I didn't have my 9 in my waist.

TIA for any help

Not sure of your price range, but just about any CB would be sufficient, but make sure you use Broadhead bolts, as they can cut through the toughest of materials..

CenterPoint™ Tormentor Whisper 380 Crossbow Package : Cabela's

CenterPoint™ Tormentor Whisper 380 Crossbow Package
  • Sends bolts downrange up to 380 fps
  • Easy-to-cock 185-lb. draw wt.
  • Quad limbs and CNC-machined cams
  • Whisper Silencing System reduces noise and vibration
  • Auto safety and anti-dry-fire system
Muzzy Trocar HBX Crossbow Broadhead : Cabela's
Muzzy Trocar HBX Crossbow Broadhead
  • Field-tip accuracy and massive, 1-5/8" entry wounds
  • Hybrid construction combines fixed and expanding blades
  • Solid steel ferrule and chisel tip pass through bone and hide
  • Expanded broadheads close when bone is encountered
  • Tapered ferrule matches your bolts diameter

One thing I will caution you about, when buying the heads, try and avoid anything with a terrible name. "Bowel ripper" or anything like that. The Crown Prosecutor, if he's an asshole (and most are) will use that to show intent on your part to harm others. Far better is to be completely innocent of anything that could be considered you seeking advice on how to maim or kill some poor home invader.

One thing you might want to consider is going the historical route. Try a quarrel. They are historical, look kind of benign, but when used against people who are not wearing plate armor are absolutely devastating. Demonstrating a curiosity, and collecting them for their historical appeal go's a long way towards providing an affirmative defense should you ever need one.

The crossbow bolts below are examples of quarrels.

77-01.jpg

Forum List

Back