I’m Going to Get a Crossbow

Tilly

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2015
Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
I live in the U.K. where - many of you undoubtedly know - we are not allowed to carry pepper spray, let alone guns, to defend ourselves.

I live in a big city and have been subjected to very violent crime as well as home invasions.

I’m sick and tired of living in a situation where only the criminals have weapons and violent crime is on the rise.

Anyway, I recently read a story where a UK woman shot a home invader in the abdomen with a perfectly legal crossbow!

So, I’ve decided to get one, and will obviously do a lot of research, maybe join a club etc, but I know absolutley nothing about crossbows right now and wondered if any of you fantastic peeps have experience / knowledge of them?

I’m quite a slight girl - so no doubt that would factor into the size/type I would purchase?

TIA for any help

:thankusmile:

I live in the U.K. where - many of you undoubtedly know - we are not allowed to carry pepper spray, let alone guns, to defend ourselves.

I live in a big city and have been subjected to very violent crime as well as home invasions.

I’m sick and tired of living in a situation where only the criminals have weapons and violent crime is on the rise.

Anyway, I recently read a story where a UK woman shot a home invader in the abdomen with a perfectly legal crossbow!

So, I’ve decided to get one, and will obviously do a lot of research, maybe join a club etc, but I know absolutley nothing about crossbows right now and wondered if any of you fantastic peeps have experience / knowledge of them?

I’m quite a slight girl - so no doubt that would factor into the size/type I would purchase?

TIA for any help

Not needed, just be happy you live in a nation that thinks more of rapists then they do their females. That was a sarcastic comment because some numb nuts on this board will really think that I don't want you to buy a crossbow.

And no I don't own one, but I might buy one and hook it to my drone in case some chick with a crossbow attacks it while i'm taking photo's of her from 400 ft.

I prefer bows over crossbows simply because of "re-loading" time BUT that is just my opinion.
Either would be better than nothing tilly!

TIA for any help

Not needed, just be happy you live in a nation that thinks more of rapists then they do their females. That was a sarcastic comment because some numb nuts on this board will really think that I don't want you to buy a crossbow.
Lol. Yes, I’m anticipating similar!

How does a govt deny a person the right to defend themselves with a strait face?

TIA for any help

Not sure of your price range, but just about any CB would be sufficient, but make sure you use Broadhead bolts, as they can cut through the toughest of materials..

CenterPoint™ Tormentor Whisper 380 Crossbow Package : Cabela's

CenterPoint™ Tormentor Whisper 380 Crossbow Package
  • Sends bolts downrange up to 380 fps
  • Easy-to-cock 185-lb. draw wt.
  • Quad limbs and CNC-machined cams
  • Whisper Silencing System reduces noise and vibration
  • Auto safety and anti-dry-fire system
Muzzy Trocar HBX Crossbow Broadhead : Cabela's
Muzzy Trocar HBX Crossbow Broadhead
  • Field-tip accuracy and massive, 1-5/8" entry wounds
  • Hybrid construction combines fixed and expanding blades
  • Solid steel ferrule and chisel tip pass through bone and hide
  • Expanded broadheads close when bone is encountered
  • Tapered ferrule matches your bolts diameter

TIA for any help

Hi Tilly!

Check this on Amazon.....the arrows are called "bolts"...this is a pistol-type and self-cocking so it might be what you're looking for. :wink_2:

614qPcJ7FbL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IJR2TPU/?tag=ff0d01-20

TIA for any help

I know nothing-----I cannot hit the broadside of a barn with
a bow and arrow. It requires STRENGTH. I think that
there are cross bows that "TRIGGER SHOOT"-----maybe a
little one exists ??????

Hold up, you really cant have pepper spray?!
Yep. It’s illegal.

So owning a cross now is legal?
Yes. Strange isn’t it? Must have slipped through the net.
However, since it came to light that a woman used one to defend herself in her own home, people are calling for it to be banned.
Surprise surprise.
So I want to get one (or two) before that happens.
There are some laws. You have to be over 18 I think, and you can only carry it outside of the home if you are travelling to or from a club.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back