Zone1 Tomorrow I'm Going to See Fifty-Foot Mary Statue!! 😁(Apparently The Biggest In The World)

I find it quite amusing

Protestants complain about Catholics and their statues

yet here is one who is excited about visiting one.

And yet s/he doesn't want to actually talk to Mary!

Hm... just sounds a lot like the accusations lobbed at Catholics all the time....

Mary has a unique role, however, in helping her son to save people. No Catholic in his right mind wouldsay thaat mary saves! But she helps, that is for sure. God chose her to help by having Jesus be in her womb, and what... ?

She was not going to help anymore after that?

And yet s/he doesn't want to actually talk to Mary!

You know what you're right... seeing as I always wanted to go to New York and strike up a conversation with the Statue of Liberty to see what kind of men she's been dating lately.

You know what you're right... seeing as I always wanted to go to New York and strike up a conversation with the Statue of Liberty to see what kind of men she's been dating lately.

In the Catholic world it is said (don't know who said it first) that

A good relationship with Mary (these are my words, but almost verbatim)

is an indication that one is on his/her way to Heaven

just saying

In the Catholic world it is said (don't know who said it first) that

A good relationship with Mary (these are my words, but almost verbatim)

is an indication that one is on his/her way to Heaven

just saying

Again, Mary doesn't save you. Jesus does.

quit acting like Catholics don't kno anything.

The Catholic Church is the oldest "church" in the world

It is THE Church Christ founded.

It is protestants who have much to learn

Did I say that Catholics don't know anything? No I didn't. All I said was Mary is a respectable and honorable person but she isn't the Savior. Otherwise she would have died on the cross in His place.

How is just simply going to see a statue the same as actually worshipping it? Anyways, unfortunately weather got in the way and we didn't wind up going so I'm going to wait for a nicer day to go there. We got hit with quite a bit of snow and I'm like uh uh. It's not going anywhere though (at least to my knowledge lol) so there's always another day. :)
Your excitement kind of says you are.
I wouldn't go near it. Read the 2nd Commandment

It's a statue. No different than getting excited about seeing the Statue of Liberty in my eyes. Just a fun sight-seeing tourist spot.
It's a statue created by men as a worship aid. It is specifically condemned in Scripture just as murder, stealing and adultery are condemned

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them nor serve them”

The Second Commandment is not just saying, "Do not worship idols." It is saying, "Do not worship God through an idol."

It's a statue created by men as a worship aid. It is specifically condemned in Scripture just as murder, stealing and adultery are condemned

“Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them nor serve them”

The Second Commandment is not just saying, "Do not worship idols." It is saying, "Do not worship God through an idol."

I'm not worshipping it though whether it is or not. I don't pray to it or anything. I'm just going to stand by it, take pictures, and then leave again besides doing the geocache lab. I also have specifically been telling 1miseryindex that I will not talk to Mary or pray to her as she is NOT my Savior.

Finally went to go see it today!! 😀 (I think those things behind her are lights btw as she probably glows at night.)

IMG_20240301_120429_520.jpg

Forum List

Back