Zone1 Tomorrow I'm Going to See Fifty-Foot Mary Statue!! 😁(Apparently The Biggest In The World)

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I might not be a Catholic but I am SO excited for this trip and I just can't wait to post a picture of it!! For those of you who don't know I'm a geocacher (it's like a treasure/scavenger hunt) and my latest geocaching adventure is a lab that's going to lead me to Windsor Ohio.

Now this statue of the Mother Mary is HUGE!! She stands about as tall as a five story building. Now, on their website they claim that she is the biggest Mary Statue in the world but that has to be debatable because I highly doubt that they took the time to measure it.

Anyways, has anybody heard of or seen this statue before? It's only because of geocaching that I'm even aware of it but it sure is exciting as who would have thought that something this amazing would be in my home state!? 😁 (Not going to announce the actual city I live in though.)

• Banned
I'm from Ohio and don't know anything about the statue and I'm Catholic. lol

It's okay I didn't either as I stated in the OP. I guess that mostly only geocachers know about it. XD I would post the link to the website but I don't want to spoil what it looks like. You could always look it up on your own though and it's nice to see another Ohioan. 😁

It's okay I didn't either as I stated in the OP. I guess that mostly only geocachers know about it. XD I would post the link to the website but I don't want to spoil what it looks like. You could always look it up on your own though and it's nice to see another Ohioan. 😁

I looked up geocacher awhile ago, it seems like it'd be fun. I won't look it up and spoil the surprise of your picture. Have fun and stay safe! :)

• Banned
I looked up geocacher awhile ago, it seems like it'd be fun. I won't look it up and spoil the surprise of your picture. Have fun and stay safe! :)

Thanks, but I'm going to have to bundle and layer up. You probably already know how cold it's supposed to be tomorrow. Below freezing. 🥶

Thanks, but I'm going to have to bundle and layer up. You probably already know how cold it's supposed to be tomorrow. Below freezing. 🥶

I'm in Georgia now, but still have family in south Ohio. What part of Ohio is Windsor?

• Banned
My mistake White 6 as I already had been telling you that I was going to do this in twenty-seven degree weather as it's going to be twenty-five instead. Oh and Meister since you're a Christian as well you might possibly be interested in this. So might JGalt.

Last edited:
I might not be a Catholic but I am SO excited for this trip and I just can't wait to post a picture of it!! For those of you who don't know I'm a geocacher (it's like a treasure/scavenger hunt) and my latest geocaching adventure is a lab that's going to lead me to Windsor Ohio.

Now this statue of the Mother Mary is HUGE!! She stands about as tall as a five story building. Now, on their website they claim that she is the biggest Mary Statue in the world but that has to be debatable because I highly doubt that they took the time to measure it.

Anyways, has anybody heard of or seen this statue before? It's only because of geocaching that I'm even aware of it but it sure is exciting as who would have thought that something this amazing would be in my home state!? 😁 (Not going to announce the actual city I live in though.)
it is more exciting to

have a relationship with Mary

:)

I was avoiding posting anything revealing like that so I could surprise you guys tomorrow, but I want to try and get a really good shot of just how massive it actually is from the ground so hopefully I can capture it. That is unless the weather turns bad because now I hear that we're supposed to get snow so I'm going one way or another but if the weather intervenes the trip might wind up being postponed.

I was avoiding posting anything revealing like that so I could surprise you guys tomorrow, but I want to try and get a really good shot of just how massive it actually is from the ground so hopefully I can capture it. That is unless the weather turns bad because now I hear that we're supposed to get snow so I'm going one way or another but if the weather intervenes the trip might wind up being postponed.
Sorry. Wondered where it was. Last time in your state, it was bouncing into Cincinnati international, helping some lost Marine privates, and bouncing out on way to Three Mile Island international, headed to Fort Indian Town Gap, to an aviation accident investigation school probably 40 years ago.

Sorry. Wondered where it was. Last time in your state, it was bouncing into Cincinnati international, helping some lost Marine privates, and bouncing out on way to Three Mile Island international, headed to Fort Indian Town Gap, to an aviation accident investigation school probably 40 years ago.

That's alright but what do you mean it was bouncing? What are you talking about?

That's alright but what do you mean it was bouncing? What are you talking about?
Air travel. I remember government booked me on a milk run changing planes, and got a view of the ball park from air, and a view looking straight down the stacks of 3 mile island nuclear plant where US' largest nuclear accident occurred, got to tour Hershey, while off duty on one of the weekends, plus met some of the ugliets inbred drunk Pennsylvania women, I've ever seen (made note:If ever going back to the gap, will bring feed corn and cattle prod, as they were absolutely spooky twisted to look at. Just another one of the glamorous temp assignment, I got talked in to taking, as they knew I could pass the tests. Yea, yeah, yeah.., life in the military fast lane. :rolleyes:

Exodus 20:4-6 KJV​

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exodus 20:4-6 KJV​

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

How is just simply going to see a statue the same as actually worshipping it? Anyways, unfortunately weather got in the way and we didn't wind up going so I'm going to wait for a nicer day to go there. We got hit with quite a bit of snow and I'm like uh uh. It's not going anywhere though (at least to my knowledge lol) so there's always another day. :)

Forum List

Back