I'm craving......

beef stew with bread and butter

I'd seriously cut someone for my Moms beef stew

I love beef stew with dumplings! I just make them from Bisquick mix. Easy and quick!
never understood the popularity of dumplings, never could stomach them.

What's not to like about them? They are delicious!

Two words: soggy bread. :puke:

I won't even use bread to sop up gravy when I eat. Can't even watch my family do it, although I'm thoughtful enough to bake no-knead artisan bread to serve them with stews and chowders.

They aren't really like bread to me. They are like their own thing. I can't eat beef stew without dumplings. :D

Any sort of bread-type product will do.

My beef stew has potatoes in it. Bread would be overkill on the starch and carbs.

I love beef stew with dumplings! I just make them from Bisquick mix. Easy and quick!

I won't even use bread to sop up gravy when I eat. Can't even watch my family do it, although I'm thoughtful enough to bake no-knead artisan bread to serve them with stews and chowders.

They aren't really like bread to me. They are like their own thing. I can't eat beef stew without dumplings. :D

My beef stew has potatoes in it. Bread would be overkill on the starch and carbs.

I have potatoes in mine too. :eusa_shifty: I love starchy foods, like bread, potatoes, pasta.

I made the mistake of eating fried eggrolls from safeway deli case. Not my finest hour.

as long as it wasn't the sushi! LOL!

My local Kroger's has a fresh sushi kiosk in it. I'm in heaven . . . although I do still have to go out once in a while for the really excellent stuff.

See, now there is something I will not eat. Sushi. Yuck! :cheeky-smiley-018:

If sushi is so good, why does everyone drown it in very strongly flavored sauces? Why? Because it's really not that good. Lol. ;)

Everybody doesn't. I like it equally well with or without spicy Asian mayo, or eel sauce (although I find it hard to pass up soy sauce mixed with wasabi, just because I love wasabi so much). When I go to a sushi restaurant, I usually get the all-you-can-eat, even though my stomach size is very limited, just so that I can enjoy it a variety of different ways.

That's like saying because people put ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, whatever on hot dogs and hamburgers, that just means that hot dogs and hamburgers aren't any good.

I have potatoes in mine too. :eusa_shifty: I love starchy foods, like bread, potatoes, pasta.

I was hoping to keep my family from dying of heart attacks in their forties and having to be buried in piano cases. ;)

I made the mistake of eating fried eggrolls from safeway deli case. Not my finest hour.

as long as it wasn't the sushi! LOL!

My local Kroger's has a fresh sushi kiosk in it. I'm in heaven . . . although I do still have to go out once in a while for the really excellent stuff.

See, now there is something I will not eat. Sushi. Yuck! :cheeky-smiley-018:

If sushi is so good, why does everyone drown it in very strongly flavored sauces? Why? Because it's really not that good. Lol. ;)

Everybody doesn't. I like it equally well with or without spicy Asian mayo, or eel sauce (although I find it hard to pass up soy sauce mixed with wasabi, just because I love wasabi so much). When I go to a sushi restaurant, I usually get the all-you-can-eat, even though my stomach size is very limited, just so that I can enjoy it a variety of different ways.

That's like saying because people put ketchup, mustard, pickles, onions, whatever on hot dogs and hamburgers, that just means that hot dogs and hamburgers aren't any good.

I suppose you have a point there about hamburgers but if you had one of my hamburgers, you wouldn't need to put all that garbage on it! I have perfected hamburgers down to a science. Lol. :D

Hmm. Hot dogs is another food I'm not crazy about. I hardly ever eat a hot dog. They are only a weiner shaped piece of bolgna. :lol:

I will not eat the cheap ones. I like my stomach too much. But the good-quality turkey and beef hot dogs? I can live with those at least once in a while.

Would honestly rather have some sort of sausage or brat, though.

gooey, never liked gooey.

Meringue. Now that I think about it, I despise meringue. I love lemon cream pies, but won't touch lemon meringue pies. And don't even get me started on meringue cookies.

They aren't supposed to be gooey on the inside! You have to cook them before you try to eat them! :2up:

Meringue. Now that I think about it, I despise meringue. I love lemon cream pies, but won't touch lemon meringue pies. And don't even get me started on meringue cookies.
Gotta agree, though I have had meringue and cream mixed, not that's good, the gooey cuts the cream and the lemon cuts the sweet.

also can't stomach hotdogs anymore, so much filler that I'm not sure its a meat product.

brats and other sausages can be on point though

Gotta agree, though I have had meringue and cream mixed, not that's good, the gooey cuts the cream and the lemon cuts the sweet.

also can't stomach hotdogs anymore, so much filler that I'm not sure its a meat product.

I like the Polish sausage with the cheese inside. Actually one of my favorite breakfast foods, oddly enough.

What I'm craving right now: tamales. Especially green corn tamales.

They aren't supposed to be gooey on the inside! You have to cook them before you try to eat them! :2up:
I've had them many times, made by different people, best I was ever able to do was politely swallow them.

It's not like it's canned spinach or saure kraut

I make an awesome stuffing for the holidays with Jimmy Dean pork sausage rolls. It is the best stuffing ever! More like a meal than a side dish actually. It has meat, veggies and starch in it.

I like the Polish sausage with the cheese inside. Actually one of my favorite breakfast foods, oddly enough.

What I'm craving right now: tamales. Especially green corn tamales.
never been a fan of the 'cheese inside' stuff

actually kinda lost my taste for cheese, none of it seems to taste good anymore except for blue cheese, but it's so hard to find bc that doesn't suck.

haven't been able to find tamales in years

I make an awesome stuffing for the holidays with Jimmy Dean pork sausage rolls. It is the best stuffing ever! More like a meal than a side dish actually. It has meat, veggies and starch in it.
I do make this great spaghetti sauce using hot breakfast sausage and hot salsa added to a meat base.

next day, I add beans and cumin and whala, pork chili.

Do you like pudding?

Forum List

Back