I'm craving......

I can't recall ever having zucchini bread. I'll have to give it a try. Sounds good. :)
It's a sweet bread on the order of carrot cake, which I really like. The bread part covers up the taste of the zucchini which isn't even bad. Try it in a salad sliced up like a cucumber.

Saute with cheese sauce. Makes a great casserole, too.
Do you know when they're in season? Now that we're talking about it, I'd like to try it again too.

Zucchini is almost always extremely cheap. Like a lot of squashes, it's hugely available in the fall, but it's very easy to grow - reference any story of home gardeners desperately trying to give boxes and bags of it to everyone they know :) - so you can find it in the produce aisle at a reasonable price all year.
Thanks, I like the casserole idea better. I found a recipe at Food Network.

Oooh, good stuff.

It's a sweet bread on the order of carrot cake, which I really like. The bread part covers up the taste of the zucchini which isn't even bad. Try it in a salad sliced up like a cucumber.

Do you know when they're in season? Now that we're talking about it, I'd like to try it again too.

Zucchini is almost always extremely cheap. Like a lot of squashes, it's hugely available in the fall, but it's very easy to grow - reference any story of home gardeners desperately trying to give boxes and bags of it to everyone they know :) - so you can find it in the produce aisle at a reasonable price all year.

Oooh, good stuff.
I like this thread. I kind of get into a rut and start cooking the same things every week. You guys have some good suggestions. :)

Oooh, good stuff.
I like this thread. I kind of get into a rut and start cooking the same things every week. You guys have some good suggestions. :)

Not having enormous amounts of money in the food budget and a houseful of bottomless pits makes you very creative. ;)

There are some things I can make all the time, and then there are a lot of times when I'm making whatever is in the "Manager's Special" section. Which means I gotta go find a recipe for that sucker. God bless smartphones and Wifi.

I'm making Beef Stew for dinner tonight ! (what kind of bread do you like?)

I probably don't make it as good as your mom does however..... mines in the crockpot....

beef stew with bread and butter

I'd seriously cut someone for my Moms beef stew
That sounds really good. I haven't had that for the longest time, I always have bread and butter with it too. Do you make it yourself like your mom did?

Dumplings

9940fb83-d01d-4bf4-93b5-86024f9ce89a.jpg

I probably don't make it as good as your mom does however..... mines in the crockpot....
White or rye bread.

Mom uses a pressure cooker and starts the day before she serves it. she cooks for ~ 8 hours, freezes it overnight then thaws and reheats it for lunch - dinner.

That sounds really good. I haven't had that for the longest time, I always have bread and butter with it too. Do you make it yourself like your mom did?
My Mom refuses to tell me the ingredients or her ratios.

My sister doesn't even know, so every time I make it, I end up staring at it like 'dufuck is this crap'

White or rye bread.

Mom uses a pressure cooker and starts the day before she serves it. she cooks for ~ 8 hours, freezes it overnight then thaws and reheats it for lunch - dinner.
I freeze chili in individual portions then thaw and eat. It's so funny that it tastes better than when you eat it right out of the pot.

My mother in law used to make coney sauce for hot dogs then freeze it in ice cube trays and just throw one or two cubes in the microwave when she needed to.

My Mom refuses to tell me the ingredients or her ratios.

My sister doesn't even know, so every time I make it, I end up staring at it like 'dufuck is this crap'
Ah, she wants you to come over there when you want beef stew. Good thinkin. :)

White or rye bread.

I freeze chili in individual portions then thaw and eat. It's so funny that it tastes better than when you eat it right out of the pot.

My mother in law used to make coney sauce for hot dogs then freeze it in ice cube trays and just throw one or two cubes in the microwave when she needed to.
freezing breaks down cell walls in the meat and veggies so that the spices and other flavors can move in.

I just don't have that kind of discipline.

cooking something for hours to freeze it then cook something else to eat.....

Forum List

Back