I'm craving......

What's not to like about them? They are delicious!
gooey, never liked gooey.

Meringue. Now that I think about it, I despise meringue. I love lemon cream pies, but won't touch lemon meringue pies. And don't even get me started on meringue cookies.
Gotta agree, though I have had meringue and cream mixed, not that's good, the gooey cuts the cream and the lemon cuts the sweet.

also can't stomach hotdogs anymore, so much filler that I'm not sure its a meat product.

brats and other sausages can be on point though

I like the Polish sausage with the cheese inside. Actually one of my favorite breakfast foods, oddly enough.

What I'm craving right now: tamales. Especially green corn tamales.
never been a fan of the 'cheese inside' stuff

actually kinda lost my taste for cheese, none of it seems to taste good anymore except for blue cheese, but it's so hard to find bc that doesn't suck.

haven't been able to find tamales in years

Stilton is the best blue cheese, IMO. It's pricey but worth it.

I like sweet Italian sausage. I usually buy it in bulk or in patties because I usually put in my lasagna or stuffed shells or just in my spaghetti sauce.

I use sweet Italian sausage in all sorts of stuff. Spaghetti sauce, of course, but also stuffed bell peppers, or beans and rice, sometimes jambalaya if I'm not in a ham mood.

I make an awesome stuffing for the holidays with Jimmy Dean pork sausage rolls. It is the best stuffing ever! More like a meal than a side dish actually. It has meat, veggies and starch in it.
I do make this great spaghetti sauce using hot breakfast sausage and hot salsa added to a meat base.

next day, I add beans and cumin and whala, pork chili.

Sounds great except for the beans. :p

Meringue. Now that I think about it, I despise meringue. I love lemon cream pies, but won't touch lemon meringue pies. And don't even get me started on meringue cookies.
Gotta agree, though I have had meringue and cream mixed, not that's good, the gooey cuts the cream and the lemon cuts the sweet.

also can't stomach hotdogs anymore, so much filler that I'm not sure its a meat product.

I like the Polish sausage with the cheese inside. Actually one of my favorite breakfast foods, oddly enough.

actually kinda lost my taste for cheese, none of it seems to taste good anymore except for blue cheese, but it's so hard to find bc that doesn't suck.

I live in Tucson. People come up to me outside the supermarket and ask if I want to buy some of their abuela's tamales and tortillas. I've had them come door-to-door in my neighborhood selling them. It's tamale heaven.

I love beef stew with dumplings! I just make them from Bisquick mix. Easy and quick!
never understood the popularity of dumplings, never could stomach them.

Do you like pudding?

No, I think I mentioned somewhere that I can't stand the consistency of pudding. I'm addicted to rice pudding, especially Mexican rice pudding and Indian rice pudding, and I like tapioca, but anything else is too creamy and makes me gag.

I live in Tucson. People come up to me outside the supermarket and ask if I want to buy some of their abuela's tamales and tortillas. I've had them come door-to-door in my neighborhood selling them. It's tamale heaven.
Well if you want perogies, come to PA, we can fry you some brats to go with them.

If you know what a perogie is, I'll be shocked since spell check thinks I'm trying to spell 'Perrier'

I make an awesome stuffing for the holidays with Jimmy Dean pork sausage rolls. It is the best stuffing ever! More like a meal than a side dish actually. It has meat, veggies and starch in it.
I do make this great spaghetti sauce using hot breakfast sausage and hot salsa added to a meat base.

no beans, it's meat soup

Well if you want perogies, come to PA, we can fry you some brats to go with them.

If you know what a perogie is, I'll be shocked since spell check thinks I'm trying to spell 'Perrier'

My mom is Polish, so I know what pierogies are! :D

no beans, it's meat soup

Well you said you added beans. I don't really like beans. When I make chili, I substitute red peppers for beans.

boiled or fried?

no beans, it's meat soup

Well you said you added beans. I don't really like beans. When I make chili, I substitute red peppers for beans.
then you're making meat soup with peppers.

:D

boiled or fried?

My mom boiled and then fried them. Did you know they are considered a "Polish stuffed dumpling?" ;) So, you do like dumplings! Lol.

no beans, it's meat soup

I don't care. I don't eat the beans, so why not put in something I like? :) The red peppers are nice and cool bites when the chili is really hot and spicy too. It's great!

boiled or fried?

My mom boiled and then fried them. Did you know they are considered a "Polish stuffed dumpling?" ;) So, you do like dumplings! Lol.
no, I like perogies, stuffed dumplings, and not dumplings

boiled ones are kinda gross, but fry them in bacon grease with some onions and you have a meal fit for me, mine, go away, no sharing

no beans, it's meat soup

I don't care. I don't eat the beans, so why not put in something I like? :) The red peppers are nice and cool bites when the chili is really hot and spicy too. It's great!
That's fine, lots of people don't like beans.

My sister used to make 'chili' w/o onions b/c she didn't like onions, so we called it crapili.

empanadas-de-carne-de-res-large-61612.jpg

no beans, it's meat soup

That's fine, lots of people don't like beans.

My sister used to make 'chili' w/o onions b/c she didn't like onions, so we called it crapili.

I use pretty much everything traditional except beans. It's really good with red peppers though. You should try that. :)

beef stew with bread and butter

I'd seriously cut someone for my Moms beef stew

I love beef stew with dumplings! I just make them from Bisquick mix. Easy and quick!
never understood the popularity of dumplings, never could stomach them.

Two words: soggy bread. :puke:

I won't even use bread to sop up gravy when I eat. Can't even watch my family do it, although I'm thoughtful enough to bake no-knead artisan bread to serve them with stews and chowders.

They aren't really like bread to me. They are like their own thing. I can't eat beef stew without dumplings. :D
Yeah, that picture up thread looked like biscuits. Dumplings are more like a pasta consistency.

I never had dumplings in stew though. Always in some kind of chicken dish.

Now my dad always put the stew on rice. I think they did stuff like that to make the food go further. You know we had a big family so the bread and butter, dumplings, rice all made the meal stretch.

My mother in law was Polish and she introduced me to a whole new way of cooking, delish and really different from my Irish family. My MIL actually separated the spaghetti and the sauce for example. :)

Forum List

Back