Illinois Vote is Really the Chicago Vote!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
See the map. You think, yes I know, the Rauner won. However, this is the results of the Quinn/Rauner race. It's the Brady/Quinn vote.

Chicago rules the state!

ILgov2010.jpg

Cook county has a population of about 5.2 million, the population of all of Illinois is about 12.8 million. That's almost exactly 40% of the entire state's population in 1 county.

Cook county has a population of about 5.2 million, the population of all of Illinois is about 12.8 million. That's almost exactly 40% of the entire state's population in 1 county.

Yep 40% dictates what the other 60% must do!

That has been the political map of this state for many years, maybe decades. Illinois is a Red state, yet we continually suffer at the hands of the Liberal voting machine. Fuck it.

Downstate got the vote out well, and Cook County did not. That's my impression although I have not looked at any research to prove that. State races that dims won were even closer than usual.

Rauner will benefit Illinois. At least he's competent, unlike Quinn. I have conversed with both at times, and Rauner is more sincere and believable. By the way, I voted for Poshard, a democrat, years ago. He got beat by George Ryan who I thought was a crook, and Ryan did end up in prison.

Downstate got the vote out well, and Cook County did not. That's my impression although I have not looked at any research to prove that. State races that dims won were even closer than usual.

Rauner will benefit Illinois. At least he's competent, unlike Quinn. I have conversed with both at times, and Rauner is more sincere and believable. By the way, I voted for Poshard, a democrat, years ago. He got beat by George Ryan who I thought was a crook, and Ryan did end up in prison.

I voted for Rauner, but frankly, I don't think he's going to make much of a difference. Democrats hold a veto-proof majority in the legislature.

Rauner got elected by saying, "I'm not Quinn!" That's proably good enough to win an election, but it's not a governing strategy.

I voted for Rauner, but frankly, I don't think he's going to make much of a difference. Democrats hold a veto-proof majority in the legislature.

Rauner got elected by saying, "I'm not Quinn!" That's proably good enough to win an election, but it's not a governing strategy.

You may be correct, but Rauner can be persuasive. Some bills may not be veto proof. Rauner will make various agency appointments that help Illinois, and he will do better attracting business. Every little bit helps!

Forum List

Back