If you eat Salmon, watch this video

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Salmon for me is pretty rich. It is hard to eat over a small piece. What do you believe about Farm Salmon vs Wild Salmon?
This video comes from a Biologist that understands fish who is in South Africa.

I believe I ate Salome -- in a dream.
I am hoping your statement did not ruin it for those who eat fish. Do you understand the problems even with farmed salmon off the coast of Chile? That we get ours from that area?

The biological fact is wild salmon are far superior to farm raised salmon. Wild salmon populations are needing protections.

I do not recall the last time I ate Salmon. She claims Omega 3 can come from plants. I don't know about that. I take Natures Bounty Fish oil that has 980 mg Omega 3.

Good brand.

If I want fish, it has to be fresh water fish. My dream is to partake of the Mack Attack on Flathead lake, fishing for those monster Mackinaw trout.

1709680694099.png

The biological fact is wild salmon are far superior to farm raised salmon. Wild salmon populations are needing protections.
She addresses that. She also said that the vast bulk of Salmon we buy is Farm Raised. She said when Salmon are raised on land farms, and not sea farms, it is better.

She addresses that. She also said that the vast bulk of Salmon we buy is Farm Raised. She said when Salmon are raised on land farms, and not sea farms, it is better.
Neither farm raised nor sea raised is acceptable. We need less pressure on wild dtocks.

We can no longer be certain that any wild fish is genetically clean, since there have been so many incidents of farmed fish escaping into the wild. One such happened about 8 years ago on Puget Sound and that's when I stopped eating even "wild" salmon.

We can no longer be certain that any wild fish is genetically clean, since there have been so many incidents of farmed fish escaping into the wild. One such happened about 8 years ago on Puget Sound and that's when I stopped eating even "wild" salmon.

She talked about nets breaking freeing the fish even at sea. As you mentioned she also talked about the problem with farm fish breeding wild fish. COD has long been my favorite.

She talked about nets breaking freeing the fish even at sea. As you mentioned she also talked about the problem with farm fish breeding wild fish. COD has long been my favorite.

I have not been much of a cod eater. Don't quite know how to cook it. I like it when someone else cooks it.

The bottom line is wild stocks are on the decline because we've ruined spawning environs. Farm raised, whether at sea or not are inferior and the amount that needs to be raised cannot be sustained. That's the whole thing in a nutshell.

I haven't eaten 'Atlantic/Norwegian' Salmon in 10 years.

Farmed Norwegian Salmon World’s Most Toxic Food

`

Last edited:
It's illegal to scoop the wild salmon out of the river ... spearing, snagging, herding ... we have to use rod and reel ... few places remain where we can walk across our rivers on the backs of the returning salmon ...

Not a kid in my neighborhood that won't trade a couple spring Chinook for a 6-pack of beer ...

The Big Argument here is whether native-run salmon or hatchery salmon taste better ... I can't tell the difference ... both get flushed out to sea for a few years before they return upstream to spawn and die ...

Farming salmon near large population centers and all the sewage effluent? ... yum yum ... look for the "Made in China" label for that rancid flavoring ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back