Zone1 Are Farms Animal Cruelty Zones Or Just Purely Educational?

Fact is I don't give a shit. I am under no delusions about how things work. I've been around it all my life.

LOL....You would have a conniption fit if you ever showed up on hog butchering day.

Fact is all animals are here to serve man, be they the farm animals of today or whatever man decides to raise and harvest tomorrow for human consumption.

End of story.

Hey, be nice. She's standing up for what she believes in and even though we don't completely see eye to eye I can give her that much.

Hey, be nice. She's standing up for what she believes in and even though we don't completely see eye to eye I can give her that much.
Negative, I'm no white knight and when someone comes along spewing such tripe they are going to hear of it.

She is one of the types that will have you forced into eating crickets and drinking soy milk if they are allowed to hold sway.....They should be fought against tooth-n-nail at every opportunity.

Fact is I don't give a shit. I am under no delusions about how things work. I've been around it all my life.

LOL....You would have a conniption fit if you ever showed up on hog butchering day.

Fact is all animals are here to serve man, be they the farm animals of today or whatever man decides to raise and harvest tomorrow for human consumption.

End of story.

No, animals are not here to "serve man." That may be YOUR opinion but your opinion is just that, an opinion, not an objective truth.

As for the rest of what you said, I think that's a very sad outlook on life.... not caring about other sentient beings, not caring about anything but you and yours. In my view, that goes against the Golden Rule. And that's something to be careful about, because you never know if at some point the shoe will be on the other foot and you will be the one crying for mercy.

Don't expect to get something that you don't give.

Negative, I'm no white knight and when someone comes along spewing such tripe they are going to hear of it.

She is one of the types that will have you forced into eating crickets and drinking soy milk if they are allowed to hold sway.....They should be fought against tooth-n-nail at every opportunity.

You clearly don't know me. At all.

Like I said to someone on the other thread, don't assume things. You know what they say about those who assume.

You clearly don't know me. At all.

Like I said to someone on the other thread, don't assume things. You know what they say about those who assume.
Yeah, some here clearly think you are "special".

Me, being what some would call a "hard man", don't really see the appeal.

I'll just leave it at that so I stay within the Z-1 rules.

BTW.....Only the weak ask for mercy, the strong will spit their last breath at their enemy.

Good day madame.

Flatlanders ...... driving cars with tires manufactured w/ stearic acid..........in their leather shoes & coats ........ in their wool sweaters , socks & scarves......... wearing whale perfume cosmetics......wearing down jackets sleeping on feathered pillows...using meds made via pharmacological proteins encapsulated in gelatin.......touting beeswax candles, lipstick, lotions, shoe polish, crayons .... :rolleyes: ~S~

I don't care what she eats, just leave the rest of us enjoy tasty animals without the sob story.....It's not a lot to ask.

Flatlanders ...... driving cars with tires manufactured w/ stearic acid..........in their leather shoes & coats ........ in their wool sweaters , socks & scarves......... wearing whale perfume cosmetics......wearing down jackets sleeping on feathered pillows...using meds made via pharmacological proteins encapsulated in gelatin.......touting beeswax candles, lipstick, lotions, shoe polish, crayons .... :rolleyes: ~S~

You both make good points, but she has a right to her opinion too.

See, the My Pillow guy is not so bad after all. ;)

Anyways, no matter what side of the argument you're on, hopefully you guys will all enjoy my farm pics. :)

Did you think that vegans weren't aware that many things people use in daily life contain animal ingredients?

If that's what you assumed, then you're wrong. It's not a secret, but of course there are different levels of knowledge. A brand new vegan might not know about certain items that contain an obscure animal ingredient, or that certain products are tested on animals. Someone who has been a vegan for 20 years obviously would know more than someone who has only been vegan for a year.

That said, another thing that is not a secret is that this is an imperfect world. There's no way to ALWAYS avoid using anything that comes from an animal. But veganism isn't about perfection.

Here is the definition that is generally agreed upon. I will bold the pertinent part that applies to what we were just talking about:

“a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals”

Now THIS is barbaric. Probably one of the few times I've agreed with PETA. I know that it's a bit off topic but bulls are male cows and they're farm animals so... (Oh you'll have to click the link on the screen to watch on YouTube though. It's THAT graphic.)

A flower which got it's name from an animal product!

Hahaha! Wrong. And the reason I'm laughing is because earlier today someone else was trying to speak for me on another thread, and it's getting to be almost comical how people think they can speak for others.

[ off topic ]

My screenname comes from the Powerpuff girls. I've shared this story before, but years ago when I lived in LA, 2 friend of mine and I would go to political rallies together.... one was a blonde, one was a redhead and I'm a brunette.

So someone gave us nicknames from the Powerpuff girls cartoon.

Powerpuffgirls.jpg

[ / off topic ]

Hahaha! Wrong. And the reason I'm laughing is because earlier today someone else was trying to speak for me on another thread, and it's getting to be almost comical how people think they can speak for others.

[ off topic ]

My screenname comes from the Powerpuff girls. I've shared this story before, but years ago when I lived in LA, 2 friend of mine and I would go to political rallies together.... one was a blonde, one was a redhead and I'm a brunette.

So someone gave us nicknames from the Powerpuff girls cartoon.

Powerpuffgirls.jpg

[ / off topic ]
You are just plain silly! Where did Buttercup get her name? You just make excuses for your hypocrisy! That is all. Dismissed.

You are just plain silly! Where did Buttercup get her name? You just make excuses for your hypocrisy! That is all. Dismissed.
This conversation is what is silly. :lol: Especially considering that when I picked this screenname in 2010, that was 6 years before I went vegan.

And one last thing about that. The word "butter" does not only have one meaning. In addition to the meaning you're going by, it also can mean various other soft spreads, like peanut butter, apple butter, etc. Which do not contain dairy butter.

I might change my screenname though, not because of what we're talking about, but because it gets old dealing with people using it as an ad hom in debates, when they don't have an argument. lol.

But whatever, enough of this silly conversation. 😝

This conversation is what is silly. :lol: Especially considering that when I picked this screenname in 2010, that was 6 years before I went vegan.

And one last thing about that. The word "butter" does not only have one meaning. In addition to the meaning you're going by, it also can mean various other soft spreads, like peanut butter, apple butter, etc. Which do not contain dairy butter.

I might change my screenname though, not because of what we're talking about, but because it gets old dealing with people using it as an ad hom in debates, when they don't have an argument. lol.

But whatever, enough of this silly conversation. 😝

Hopefully you're just referring to them because I think that you and I were having a pretty good conversation as we can talk to each other without wanting to rip each other's heads off now!! That's quite an accomplishment!! 😀 (I think that me and CarlinAnnArbor are gradually getting to that point as well. :) )

Forum List

Back