If Universal Healthcare is a Bad Idea...

Who should go without?

People on social programs. Every time this subject comes up in the media, their first concern is what about the poor people? Well, what about the working people is my question?

Working people are the ones who are paying for the non-working, and some of us working people don't have coverage ourselves. In the meantime, the poor are popping out kids like a popcorn machine and the rest of us have to support them including their medical.

So poor children and the elderly who are poor should go without?

Do you have a good argument as to why those groups should be punished for doing no wrong?

Do you have a good argument why those who support themselves should be punished for doing no wrong?

Should I be punished for having to pay the portion of my taxes that go to a defense budget that I do not support in its size and scope?

Defense of the nation is mandated by the Constitution. Congress has the power to levy taxes to support it.

Who should go without?

People on social programs. Every time this subject comes up in the media, their first concern is what about the poor people? Well, what about the working people is my question?

Working people are the ones who are paying for the non-working, and some of us working people don't have coverage ourselves. In the meantime, the poor are popping out kids like a popcorn machine and the rest of us have to support them including their medical.

Do you have a good argument as to why those groups should be punished for doing no wrong?

Do you have a good argument why those who support themselves should be punished for doing no wrong?

If you consider contributing to the greater good a punishment then you don't belong in America.

If you consider "contributing to the greater good" at gunpoint is American, you're a victim of the public school system.
I'm pretty sure Mao had that same selling point. Something about the greater good comes from the barrel of a gun.

Those who cannot pay for it, or receive it as a benefit for their employment.

No one should go without healthcare. It is a basic human right.

Bull shit. I'm in healthcare, you have no right to my time or my training. It's the stupidest argument coming from the left since, well, you guys say a LOT of stupid shit.

I live in a country where everyone who is born is entitled to healthcare until the day they die.....

...Health care is a right. I wasn't born with it but all my children and grandchildren were.

Then please stay in thst country and keep your nose out of American Society. It may be a Right in your country, but it most definitely is not here. If it ever becomes one, I'll be dead.

She claims it is a right in her country, BUT she says she wasn't born with that right. How the fuck does that happen? Well, it happens because the government gives them health care now but didn't when she was born. In other words, that colossal idiot thinks rights come from government.
Natural rights are inalienable. Legal rights are granted by law. That means rights granted by government stupid.

If you consider contributing to the greater good a punishment then you don't belong in America.

If you consider "contributing to the greater good" at gunpoint is American, you're a victim of the public school system.
I'm pretty sure Mao had that same selling point. Something about the greater good comes from the barrel of a gun.

Actually, it was that all politics comes from the barrel of a gun, but yeah, same-same.

I live in a country where everyone who is born is entitled to healthcare until the day they die.

Our people live longer than your, they are healthier than you throughout their lives, and no one ever gets a bill from a doctor. Oh yeah, and we are a lot happier than you snowflakes.

Health care is a right. I wasn't born with it but all my children and grandchildren were.

If your healthcare is so great, why are more and more Canadians coming here to get treatment they can't get there?

I live up north in Cleveland, and I talk to Canadian truck drivers all the time. I often bring up healthcare to get an insiders view of things in Canada. Younger and middle-aged people love your system. Older drivers tell me to keep what we have or we'll be sorry.

Where do you get this foolish idea that life expectancy is directly related to healthcare? Remember that most of the people that die here are elderly and had government healthcare since the age of 65.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

Who should go without?

Should I be punished for having to pay the portion of my taxes that go to a defense budget that I do not support in its size and scope?

No, because paying for the defense of this country is part of a constitutional mandate of our federal government; we all benefit from a safe nation.

Right! It makes perfect sense that we spend more than the next 7 nations combined, and our enemy drives around in 1993 Nissan pickup trucks....

No, because paying for the defense of this country is part of a constitutional mandate of our federal government; we all benefit from a safe nation.

Right! It makes perfect sense that we spend more than the next 7 nations combined, and our enemy drives around in 1993 Nissan pickup trucks....

Oh. Is it down to seven? Used to be the next twenty-five, as it should be.

Who should go without?

You ever think there might be some people poor and not working because of medical problems they didn't have insurance to help them with?

Who should go without?

You ever think there might be some people poor and not working because of medical problems they didn't have insurance to help them with?

How are the problems of individuals legally the problem of other individuals with whom there is no relation? By what authority does a government reach into an individual's pocket to cover the negligence - or simple bad luck - of another individual?

Who should go without?

Yes I did, and those people are applicable for disability and Medicaid. Any other questions?

And we are seven times more powerful too. That's why you're not driving around in a 1993 Nissan pickup truck.

Who should go without?

How are the problems of individuals legally the problem of other individuals with whom there is no relation? By what authority does a government reach into an individual's pocket to cover the negligence - or simple bad luck - of another individual?

So you are against people getting healthy so they can work and become contributing members of society? So does this mean you are for just taking sick people behind the woodshed and shooting them like a horse with a broken leg?

Who should go without?

Yes I did, and those people are applicable for disability and Medicaid. Any other questions?

No, they are not all eligible. You have any idea how hard it is to get disability anymore?

Who should go without?

So you are against people getting healthy so they can work and become contributing members of society? So does this mean you are for just taking sick people behind the woodshed and shooting them like a horse with a broken leg?

No. I am against people being forced involuntarily into a government charity scheme for which there is no Constitutional authority.

Who should go without?

No. I am against people being forced involuntarily into a government charity scheme for which there is no Constitutional authority.

Sounds to me like you use that as an excuse. If you want people to get healthy and become members of the workforce you should be happy about the end result period.

Sounds to me like you use that as an excuse. If you want people to get healthy and become members of the workforce you should be happy about the end result period.

Why would I be happy about people being forced to give up assets to a government which has no legal authority to take them?

Forum List

Back