Trump plans audacious Bronx rally but congressman says his borough won't be fooled

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Now he is thinking outside the box.

If Trump is able to garner a crowd in deep blue districts, it will send alarm bells to those who targeted him in NY. If even one district swings to GOP that otherwise wouldn't have, it would be a worthwhile political payback. Furthermore, this could have a trickle down effect.

Of course, Biden can also hold a rally in similar deep red districts...

Deep blue New York is in play.

In a major throwdown to Democrats, former President Trump will host a campaign rally in the Bronx on Thursday as he sets his sights on flipping the Empire State red this November, a situation that would have been unfathomable in 2021 when he departed the White House.

Trump’s campaign announced Friday night that Thursday’s rally will take place at 6 p.m. in Crotona Park, a 127-acre public park just blocks away from the boundary line of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s district. The New York Post reports that the campaign has a permit to fit 3,500 people into the space.

Last edited:

If Trump is able to garner a crowd in deep blue districts, it will send alarm bells to those who targeted him in NY. If even one district swings to GOP that otherwise wouldn't have, it would be a worthwhile political payback. Furthermore, this could have a trickle down effect.

In a major throwdown to Democrats, former President Trump will host a campaign rally in the Bronx on Thursday as he sets his sights on flipping the Empire State red this November, a situation that would have been unfathomable in 2021 when he departed the White House.

Trump’s campaign announced Friday night that Thursday’s rally will take place at 6 p.m. in Crotona Park, a 127-acre public park just blocks away from the boundary line of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s district. The New York Post reports that the campaign has a permit to fit 3,500 people into the space.
Republicans took back the House in 2022, mostly due to several seats in New York being flipped. New York state is going from deep solid blue to light blue. It will be interesting to see what happens if Trump picks Stefanik as his VP. I watched her on a Sunday News show and she talked right over the host trying a "gotcha" moment. He needs a woman or a black for VP and he needs someone strong enough who can dish it right back to the media.

Republicans took back the House in 2022, mostly due to several seats in New York being flipped. New York state is going from deep solid blue to light blue. It will be interesting to see what happens if Trump picks Stefanik as his VP. I watched her on a Sunday News show and she talked right over the host trying a "gotcha" moment. He needs a woman or a black for VP and he needs someone strong enough who can dish it right back to the media.

If I were advising him, I would guess that the number one choice to ensure a win would probably be Tulsi, followed by Tim Scott or Vivek.

He probably goes with Stefanik, she definitely is competent. I believe that in terms of winning votes, Tulsi is his best option.

You're one fucking based Canuck.

If I were advising him, I would guess that the number one choice to ensure a win would probably be Tulsi, followed by Tim Scott or Vivek.

He probably goes with Stefanik, she definitely is competent. I believe that in terms of winning votes, Tulsi is his best option.
Tulsi is too left. She is a disgruntled ex-Democrat but she still favors several leftist policies, even though she constantly bashes Democrats.

What is a based?

courageous and unique or not caring what others think. Especially common in online political slang.

The opposite of cringe, some times the opposite of biased.

No, it’s the only place he can go because he’s tethered to the courthouse.

It won’t even be close and you already know that
Yes, he won't win NY (though it is far from impossible), it is the trickle down effect he is seeking. "Look, I am here in NY, for my home I loved most of my life. I am here for ALL Americans, even in places that don't vote for me in the majority but whom many want to show their support for change".

This can lead to some down ballot jurisdiction losses the Dems might have one, the more purple locales. It will also motivate a few who may never have voted GOP before. Perhaps impact a gov race or a Senate race, who knows? Also, just as Clinton avoided certain areas they felt were safe, Trump flipped them in 2016. Bidens team may erroneously believe the same.

I never understood going just to your red meat areas. Be it a Dem going to Cali or a GOP going to Alabama. People forget that Reagan won Cali, his home state. It might be a bigger uphill challenge, but Trump can impact NY.

Last edited:
Yes, he won't win NY, it is the trickle down effect he is seeking.

He's gonna come a lot closer than you think.

And a win isn't impossible.

Candidate Lee Zeldin (R) who ran as a MAGA only lost the NY Gubernatorial race by 6 points.

The House is (barely) Republican right now thanks to MAGA NY congressional victories.

The only true power The Left has remaining, is the power of perception.

To buy into their "conventional wisdom"?

Well, maybe you ain't so based after all.

;)

1716414381385.png

He already pulled 80 to 100 thousand (by EVERYBODY's estimates) recently in deep blue New Jersey that hasn't voted Republican in the last eight elections. The media pretty much ignores it or blows it off. I would be surprised if he can't pull a good crowd in the Bronx too. And the media will pretty much ignore it or blow it off.

The MSM only shows up for his rallies to get a sound bite they will take completely out of context to make him look bad and pretend that's pretty much all he had to say. That's about it.

Last edited:
A congressman says his borough "won't be fooled"? So what? It's not news or even a political discussion, it's a cliche and cliches are all the left has these days.

Haha, that is so Trump.

He so desperately wants to feel like he is well liked in NYC. Well, he isn't.

That's the point of this rally. Nothing more.

He already pulled 80 to 100 thousand (by EVERYBODY's estimates)
Well there's a hilarious lie.

Forum List

Back