If Republicans are going to call you a liar, shouldn't they at least have to prove it?

Whether they've bought in or not is still not clear to me.

Many, it seems on both sides, are voting against the other side.

I just have to wonder if many on the left and right are not just fed up with the stupidity of our government on both sides.

I noticed you were defending Harry Reid earlier. Unfortunately, based on what I hear, many on both sides find him to be the poster boy of politicians they'd love to see go away. Not because he's a democrat (there are plenty in the GOP that should go too), but because he really does create a sense of "untrustworthiness" in so many (again both left and right).

I know many conservatives who hate the whole right wing bullbag that flys around each election. At the same time they see no value in the other side either. It seems they tend to support those they think will do the least damage. This is not the majority of conservatives I know...just the thoughtful ones.

I, personally, really miss the Sam Nunn's of the world.

Defending Harry Reid? Oh you mean proving Harry DIDN'T admit he lied about the Moocher Romney?

My problem with conservatives and the ideology they support, it has NEVER worked as promised and they are always on the wrong side of issues.

I miss HONEST conservatives like Goldwater. Today's conservatives just follow Reagan as a (Faux) savior and continue his lying ways!

My fav quote on the problem with Gov't:

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
P. J. O'Rourke

This is where you take the hit.

You see, it isn't about whether he admitted lying (he never did from what I can tell), because he didn't have to.

Most of my liberal friends wish Harry would have a heart attack. He's been a boat anchor on the image of the senate.

This what you say and there is how you say it.

Just to be clear....there are other senate dems who are the same in my estimation and a host of republicans.

While I don't agree with Bernie Sanders for the most part....I like the way he conducts himself.

I really do miss Sam Nunn.

Take the hit? For showing Harry DIDN'T admit he lied as the right winger posited? Sorry. Fail

Harry has done a great job of keeping the far right extremists from rolling over the more moderate (than Harry) Obama. I'm not surprised you don't get it though

Yes, I miss honest conservatives like Goldwater too, unfortunately we have Reagan as being a "moderate" today in the GOP that's how far right the GOP has gone the past 20+ years!

Don't disagree with you on how far things have gone to the right in the past 20 years.

Harry has done a great job of giving the left (and liberalism) a bad name. I know you get it, but your are just a stormtrooper.

Harry a liberal??? lol

Oh I guess if we go by Rushblo's or crazy people like the ones supporting the Tea Baggers, sure. Most normal Americans see him as a moderate conservative from Nevada, not a liberal known area!

Next you'll tell me Obama is a Marxist, lol

Why do you make stuff up ?

I didn't say Harry was a liberal. He is left of center.

If you can put down your arrogant pre-conceptions and try to digest these simple statements it might be helpful.

I don't think Harry is a liberal. I think Harry is an opportunist.

I said, Harry is giving the left (and liberalism....associated with being left...even though that is incorrect) a bad name.

Harry is not popular. Many in his party wish he'd go away.

If I wanted to see him go away, it is not because of his politics (I don't think Harry has any other that what takes care of Harry)...it is because our federal government is loaded with rancor and he has been a prime promoter of it.

The right is no better...but there is no one person as visible (in the media) as Harry.

It's not about Harry...it's about the institution.

You might want to keep up, the bill you comrade was referring to was never passed by the House, so his argument was a non-starter to begin with.

Paul Ryan & the GOP Must Own the Cuts to Veterans Benefits
Harry Reid is blocking the amendment so Republicans are blaming Harry Reid for cutting veterans benefits.

That is intellectually dishonest of the GOP.

Paul Ryan, a Republican, drafted the plan with Patty Murray, a Democrat.

House Republicans overwhelming approved the plan before it even made it to Harry Reid for a vote. The Republicans could have restored the cuts themselves in the House. Instead, they voted for the plan with the cuts to veterans benefits and went home.

Paul Ryan the GOP Must Own the Cuts to Veterans Benefits RedState

House and Senate negotiators on Tuesday agreed to cut benefits to military families, though not by as much as the Pentagon had demanded.

The lawmakers released a new Defense authorization bill that increases families' co-pays for prescription drugs under the Tricare health program. The bill would also reduce the planned rate of growth in the housing allowance provided to military families.

Defense budget would cut benefits TheHill

Senate Republicans blocked a $21 billion plan to build new VA clinics because they said it was too expensive, but today House Republicans advanced a $600 billion tax cut for business.

GOP Hypocrites Call Vets Benefits Too Expensive But Want a 600 Billion Tax Cut for Business
just when I thought the GOP couldn't sink any lower :( They should be brought up on charges!!!
Pointing that out and you too will be called a liar. Republican pretend they are the party that supports veterans. If it weren't for the Democratic Party protecting veterans, Republicans would leave every single one homeless and left every one that had been injured on the side of the street to die.
We have proved it to you many times. So many in fact that we are tired of doing it. You never stop lying, even after we have shown you to be a liar. It is a waste of our time to try any more.
Without examples, you haven't proven anything.

Yeah we gave you examples too. Like I said, it's a waste of time.

Sure you do Bubba, sure. And Ronnie fought vigorously to stop his 11 tax increases AFTER he gutted taxes for the rich too, lol

Wtf does that have to do with my post idiot? Nothing. Go play in the street.

I thought we were talking about myths the right is perpetrating?? Next

You might have been, you stupid shit, but read the posts you respond to, I wasn't. Dumbass.

Defending Harry Reid? Oh you mean proving Harry DIDN'T admit he lied about the Moocher Romney?

My problem with conservatives and the ideology they support, it has NEVER worked as promised and they are always on the wrong side of issues.

I miss HONEST conservatives like Goldwater. Today's conservatives just follow Reagan as a (Faux) savior and continue his lying ways!

My fav quote on the problem with Gov't:

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
P. J. O'Rourke

You see, it isn't about whether he admitted lying (he never did from what I can tell), because he didn't have to.

Most of my liberal friends wish Harry would have a heart attack. He's been a boat anchor on the image of the senate.

Just to be clear....there are other senate dems who are the same in my estimation and a host of republicans.

While I don't agree with Bernie Sanders for the most part....I like the way he conducts himself.

Take the hit? For showing Harry DIDN'T admit he lied as the right winger posited? Sorry. Fail

Harry has done a great job of keeping the far right extremists from rolling over the more moderate (than Harry) Obama. I'm not surprised you don't get it though

Yes, I miss honest conservatives like Goldwater too, unfortunately we have Reagan as being a "moderate" today in the GOP that's how far right the GOP has gone the past 20+ years!

Don't disagree with you on how far things have gone to the right in the past 20 years.

Harry has done a great job of giving the left (and liberalism) a bad name. I know you get it, but your are just a stormtrooper.

Harry a liberal??? lol

Oh I guess if we go by Rushblo's or crazy people like the ones supporting the Tea Baggers, sure. Most normal Americans see him as a moderate conservative from Nevada, not a liberal known area!

If you can put down your arrogant pre-conceptions and try to digest these simple statements it might be helpful.

I said, Harry is giving the left (and liberalism....associated with being left...even though that is incorrect) a bad name.

If I wanted to see him go away, it is not because of his politics (I don't think Harry has any other that what takes care of Harry)...it is because our federal government is loaded with rancor and he has been a prime promoter of it.

The right is no better...but there is no one person as visible (in the media) as Harry.

Weird you posit shit like "make stuff up" as ALL I've done is rspond to what's written. YOUR posit was Harry was "Harry has done a great job of giving the left (and liberalism) a bad name."

Sorry, Harry ISN'T left or liberal. He's a moderate Dem from Nevada!

Weird how the right wingers elect guys who "don't believe in" Gov't or the purpose of Gov't then are shocked when they get into power and destroy US from within (see Ronnie's S&L crisis and Dubya's subprime bubble as 2 prime examples, not even talking about both gutting revenues as they ramped up UNFUNDED spending)

The #1 problem in DC (and at all 50 states) is money in politics. Money isn't speech. Corps aren't people

If Republicans are going to call you a liar, shouldn't they at least have to prove it?

If Democrats are going to lie, shouldn't they have to prove it?

If Obama says, "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan, period"... shouldn't he have to guarantee this, and make sure the laws let people do what he promised? Or, should the law he was talking about, be automatically repealed if his promise isn't kept?

There's a LOT more.

Glad you brought this up. :biggrin:

Paul Ryan & the GOP Must Own the Cuts to Veterans Benefits
Harry Reid is blocking the amendment so Republicans are blaming Harry Reid for cutting veterans benefits.

That is intellectually dishonest of the GOP.

Paul Ryan, a Republican, drafted the plan with Patty Murray, a Democrat.

House Republicans overwhelming approved the plan before it even made it to Harry Reid for a vote. The Republicans could have restored the cuts themselves in the House. Instead, they voted for the plan with the cuts to veterans benefits and went home.

Paul Ryan the GOP Must Own the Cuts to Veterans Benefits RedState

House and Senate negotiators on Tuesday agreed to cut benefits to military families, though not by as much as the Pentagon had demanded.

The lawmakers released a new Defense authorization bill that increases families' co-pays for prescription drugs under the Tricare health program. The bill would also reduce the planned rate of growth in the housing allowance provided to military families.

Defense budget would cut benefits TheHill

Senate Republicans blocked a $21 billion plan to build new VA clinics because they said it was too expensive, but today House Republicans advanced a $600 billion tax cut for business.

GOP Hypocrites Call Vets Benefits Too Expensive But Want a 600 Billion Tax Cut for Business
just when I thought the GOP couldn't sink any lower :( They should be brought up on charges!!!
Pointing that out and you too will be called a liar. Republican pretend they are the party that supports veterans. If it weren't for the Democratic Party protecting veterans, Republicans would leave every single one homeless and left every one that had been injured on the side of the street to die.
Without examples, you haven't proven anything.

Sure you do Bubba, sure. And Ronnie fought vigorously to stop his 11 tax increases AFTER he gutted taxes for the rich too, lol

You might have been, you stupid shit, but read the posts you respond to, I wasn't. Dumbass.

MORE right wing nonsense. Shocking. There was a posit that the right DIDN'T try to gut Vets benefits. I clearly showed they did. You then went on to attack R Dean, WITHOUT backing it up. I thought we were talking GOP and right wing mythology again Bubba, like the great Ronnie Reagan who funded then cut and ran from terrorists???

over the past 5 years you have been shown plenty of stuff,you not accepting those examples is your problem......

Says a guy supporting the party of liars *shaking head*
learn to read....i have always had negative things to say about both parties....and here i was talking about dean....not a party...duh....

Sure Bubba, sure, you just happen to vote GOPer most times right? lol
why dont you show me a post in here where i have ever said the GOP is who i support ..i have 40,000 of them,so it should be easy....after about a thousand of them and still cant find one, then you will know what i know about you......you are one of them people with your head so far up your parties collective ass, who think if someone does not agree with them,they must be from the other tribe.....what else can they be.....:dunno:

Right, a guy who I'm POSITIVE supported Romney, Bush, Reagan, etc, doesn't support the GOP, lol
you are positive?....you do realize i am on record here bad mouthing all 3 of those jerks,right?.....you are just digging a deeper hole for yourself....dumbass...

MORE right wing nonsense. Shocking. There was a posit that the right DIDN'T try to gut Vets benefits. I clearly showed they did. You then went on to attack R Dean, WITHOUT backing it up. I thought we were talking GOP and right wing mythology again Bubba, like the great Ronnie Reagan who funded then cut and ran from terrorists???
Thats what I thought as well.

Remember when I said the GOP blocked the BP investigation into the Gulf Oil Spill and they cried liar? Even when I presented video from congress of Republicans blocking the investigation?

Remember when I said Republicans threatened to not pay unemployment benefits to millions of Americans unless the rich got enormous tax cuts? I proved that.

Remember when I said a Senate Republican apologized to BP because Obama was making them pay?
No, no, no and no.

Says a guy supporting the party of liars *shaking head*
learn to read....i have always had negative things to say about both parties....and here i was talking about dean....not a party...duh....

Sure Bubba, sure, you just happen to vote GOPer most times right? lol
why dont you show me a post in here where i have ever said the GOP is who i support ..i have 40,000 of them,so it should be easy....after about a thousand of them and still cant find one, then you will know what i know about you......you are one of them people with your head so far up your parties collective ass, who think if someone does not agree with them,they must be from the other tribe.....what else can they be.....:dunno:

Right, a guy who I'm POSITIVE supported Romney, Bush, Reagan, etc, doesn't support the GOP, lol
you are positive?....you do realize i am on record here bad mouthing all 3 of those jerks,right?.....you are just digging a deeper hole for yourself....dumbass...

Tea baggers are notorious for "bad mouthing" the GOP then stepping up and voting for them. You saying you didn't vote for them? lol

Remember when I said the GOP blocked the BP investigation into the Gulf Oil Spill and they cried liar? Even when I presented video from congress of Republicans blocking the investigation?

Remember when I said Republicans threatened to not pay unemployment benefits to millions of Americans unless the rich got enormous tax cuts? I proved that.

Remember when I said a Senate Republican apologized to BP because Obama was making them pay?
No, no, no and no.

You refuting any of it Bubs???

No, no, no and no.

Got a reading comprehension problem, clown?

No, no, no and no.

Got a reading comprehension problem, clown?

So you just weren't around when he showed it right Bubba? Here let me help you Bubs

Subpoena power in BP oil spill investigation blocked by Senate Republicans
Subpoena power in BP oil spill investigation blocked by Senate Republicans - National Political Spin Examiner.com

Republicans Block Investigation Into Gulf Oil Spill

GOP blocks the Big Oil Bailout Prevention Act

Obama’s deal with the GOP: Tax cuts for everyone

In a compromise that set off shock waves in Washington, President Obama struck a deal with Republican congressional leaders this week to keep all Bush administration income-tax cuts in place for two more years. In exchange, Republicans agreed to extend benefits for the long-term unemployed through the end of 2011

Obama s deal with the GOP Tax cuts for everyone

Joe Barton: the Republican who apologised to BP
Texas Republican Joe Barton provokes anger and ridicule over his apology to BP for its treatment by the US government

Joe Barton the Republican who apologised to BP Richard Adams US news The Guardian

I HOPE THAT HELPS YOU BUBBA

Remember Watergate? It was a 3rd rate burglary that two media activists including the son of card carrying communists parlayed into the overthrow of the government. What did they have on Nixon, a missing 18 minutes in a recording of White House conversation? What would the Clinton's have done if the media claimed that they had an inside informant that allegedly spilled the beans on juicy tidbits but they wouldn't release his name until he died? Tricky Dick Nixon looks like a choir boy compared to the scandals that swirled around and continue to swirl around the Clintons but Nixon didn't have that democrat party ace in the hole, total support and protection by the liberal media.

Remember Watergate? It was a 3rd rate burglary that two media activists including the son of card carrying communists parlayed into the overthrow of the government. What did they have on Nixon, a missing 18 minutes in a recording of White House conversation? What would the Clinton's have done if the media claimed that they had an inside informant that allegedly spilled the beans on juicy tidbits but they wouldn't release his name until he died? Tricky Dick Nixon looks like a choir boy compared to the scandals that swirled around and continue to swirl around the Clintons but Nixon didn't have that democrat party ace in the hole, total support and protection by the liberal media.

lol, You crazy fuk. Think Reagan and his corrupt admin, Put Nixon's stuff to shame. Clinton? Please, tens of millions spent (by US, not counting the tens of millions by hate mongers to spread BS). and we found out he got a BJ. Whoopie

The Watergate scandal was a major political scandal that occurred in the United States in the 1970s as a result of the June 17, 1972, break-in at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C., and the Nixon administration's attempted cover-up of its involvement. When the conspiracy was discovered and investigated by the U.S. Congress, the Nixon administration's resistance to its probes led to a constitutional crisis.

The term Watergate has come to encompass an array of clandestine and often illegal activities undertaken by members of the Nixon administration.

Those activities included such "dirty tricks" as bugging the offices of political opponents and people of whom Nixon or his officials were suspicious.

Nixon and his close aides ordered harassment of activist groups and political figures, using the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The scandal led to the discovery of multiple abuses of power by the Nixon administration, articles of impeachment, and the resignation of Richard Nixon, the President of the United States. The scandal also resulted in the indictment of 69 people, with trials or pleas resulting in 48 being found guilty and incarcerated, many of whom were Nixon's top administration officials

Watergate scandal - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

This Terrible Chart Shows the Change in Food Stamp Participation Over the Last 10 Years TheBlaze.com

One of the problems with rd is that there is no limit to his wants. There will never be enough welfare, there will never be enough food stamps, there will never be enough student loans, there will never be enough cuts to the military, there will never be enough rds advocating spending other people's money, so because he is incapable of showing any restraint he really incapable of garnering any respect from serious people be they Dems or repubs.

I don't know how vets got into the snap conversation but those terrible republicans look like,they trimmed ten dollars a month off of snap benefits. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Hmmm let's see that means finding one extra hour of work in the course of a month, under the table preferably. And the problem with the stats is that they say vets live in "households" that receive food stamps so that does not mean the vet is receiving them directly. Maybe his mother or sister is getting them.

Rds post are consistent though, they are consistently not worth reading.

The watergate scandal was investigated with integrity by the congress. The same results would happen if this congress investigated the IRS scandal with the same thoroughness and integrity, and yes they would find impeachable offenses by Obama. Even some democrats agree the IRS scandal is more serious than watergate, but the doj is so corrupt and the administration so crooked justice will never be served, we will only have more jack in the box racial events to cover up and divert from obamas lawlessness.

Harry a liberal??? lol

Weird you posit shit like "make stuff up" as ALL I've done is rspond to what's written. YOUR posit was Harry was "Harry has done a great job of giving the left (and liberalism) a bad name."

Sorry, Harry ISN'T left or liberal. He's a moderate Dem from Nevada!

Weird how the right wingers elect guys who "don't believe in" Gov't or the purpose of Gov't then are shocked when they get into power and destroy US from within (see Ronnie's S&L crisis and Dubya's subprime bubble as 2 prime examples, not even talking about both gutting revenues as they ramped up UNFUNDED spending)

The #1 problem in DC (and at all 50 states) is money in politics. Money isn't speech. Corps aren't people

Yes you did make stuff up....or....

Didn't you read what I wrote ? I said "I don't think Harry is a liberal". But that does not mean that Harry hasn't given liberals a bad name. For the very reasons being discussed on another thread....liberals are tied to the left (and yes Harry is left of center....can't help that) by virtue of the media B.S. that is out there. It's unfortunate that he and you don't understand that.

Weird about what the right wing does. It only does what the left wing does. Send people to D.C. who don't give a flying fig about truth or America. Ronnie had help from a democratic congress....Georgie and his republican congress will go down as one of the biggest mistakes this country ever made.

Political power is economic power and vice versa. If and when Americans wake up, that is when they will throw out the morons on both sides who are there now and get a group that will really represent We The People.

Sometimes it just astounds me how brainwashed average joe republicans are. Their complete and utter lack of basic critical thinking skills turns them into pawns for the republican party.
You mean when Gruber called "stupidity of American voter" for believing Obama when he said:
"I pledge we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year….. We’ll do it by the end of my first term as President of the United States.
"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too."
“I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today."
So AFTER he LIED to get ACA passed Hussein admits 10 million counted as uninsured were not citizens!
He further lies about the 36 million "uninsured" when BEFORE ACA due to Hussein's administration ineptness 14 million were eligible for Medicaid! But the worst lie was telling us the 18 million people that make over $50,000 and are under 34 WANTED health insurance! THEY DON"T! But Hussein used that number of people that DON"T want insurance and that was a LIE!
"Up to half of all Americans have a pre-existing condition"...
A f...king lie BECAUSE that would mean 155 million (half of 310 million) couldn't get insurance..... yet 266 million have some type of health insurance!
Why would he LIE about something that affected less the 1.5 million!
To PASS ACA ! He counted on the "Stupidity of American Voters'!

Forum List

Back