If Republicans are going to call you a liar, shouldn't they at least have to prove it?

Remember when I said the GOP blocked the BP investigation into the Gulf Oil Spill and they cried liar? Even when I presented video from congress of Republicans blocking the investigation?

Remember when I said Republicans threatened to not pay unemployment benefits to millions of Americans unless the rich got enormous tax cuts? I proved that.

Remember when I said a Senate Republican apologized to BP because Obama was making them pay?

Remember when I said the military made the worlds fastest supercomputer out of game chips and USMB Republicans laughed and laughed. Turns out I was right.

Instead of actually proving anything, they will say "everybody knows" and then make some unproven accusation.
Then, they whine about Republicans always being attacked. Could you imagine Democrats apologizing to BP? Or sending soldiers into the wrong country? Or any of the awful things Republicans have done? There may be a few who vote Republican because this is a coalition party. There are conservatives in the Democratic Party. Besides they give cover to Republican policies.

I think If Republicans are going to scream liar, they should at least have the decency to prove it. Not that I'm calling them decent. Anyone who cuts benefits disabled veterans and school lunches for children is hardly decent. Even many of them agree with that.

Parroting Democratic talking points isn't "proving anything" no matter how much you want to believe it it
And some of those talking points are?

Republicans hate the poor, Republicans are xenophobic, checking IDs is racist, Republicans worship the rich, Republicans worship corporations, Republicans want to end social security, Republicans want to take grandma's social security check, Republicans don't want to pay for abortions or raise the child, Republicans don't care about the environment, Corporations run government, the rich run government, Republicans don't want the poor to succeed, Republicans want to help corporations underpay the poor, Republicans want to export jobs, Republicans want a plutocracy, Republicans want a theocracy, Republicans want to bomb the middle east, Republicans would take the opposite side of Obama no matter what position he took, Republicans want to turn our streets into shooting galleries,

You have a lot of them, that's just a few

What benefits have they cut from disabled vets?

It's extremely easy for anyone to find that information.

Conservatives are the most laziest people I've ever encountered.

I did your work for you. Just click the link below to a search on republicans cut veteran benefits:

‎www.bing.com/search?q=republicans+cut+veterans+benefits&qs=SC&pq=republicans+cut+vert&sc=4-20&sp=1&cvid=136c583a5c534815b2a8181989e640e8&FORM…

Here's a search on republicans cutting veteran's food stamps

‎www.bing.com/search?q=republicans+cut+veterans+food+stamps&qs=AS&sk=HS1&pq=republicans+cut+veterans&sc=8-24&sp=2&cvid=1761544b9e1144c2bf3c045…

Just click the links and pick your article.

You might want to keep up, the bill you comrade was referring to was never passed by the House, so his argument was a non-starter to begin with.

Paul Ryan & the GOP Must Own the Cuts to Veterans Benefits
Harry Reid is blocking the amendment so Republicans are blaming Harry Reid for cutting veterans benefits.

That is intellectually dishonest of the GOP.

Paul Ryan, a Republican, drafted the plan with Patty Murray, a Democrat.

House Republicans overwhelming approved the plan before it even made it to Harry Reid for a vote. The Republicans could have restored the cuts themselves in the House. Instead, they voted for the plan with the cuts to veterans benefits and went home.

Paul Ryan the GOP Must Own the Cuts to Veterans Benefits RedState

House and Senate negotiators on Tuesday agreed to cut benefits to military families, though not by as much as the Pentagon had demanded.

The lawmakers released a new Defense authorization bill that increases families' co-pays for prescription drugs under the Tricare health program. The bill would also reduce the planned rate of growth in the housing allowance provided to military families.

Defense budget would cut benefits TheHill

Senate Republicans blocked a $21 billion plan to build new VA clinics because they said it was too expensive, but today House Republicans advanced a $600 billion tax cut for business.

GOP Hypocrites Call Vets Benefits Too Expensive But Want a 600 Billion Tax Cut for Business
just when I thought the GOP couldn't sink any lower :( They should be brought up on charges!!!
Pointing that out and you too will be called a liar. Republican pretend they are the party that supports veterans. If it weren't for the Democratic Party protecting veterans, Republicans would leave every single one homeless and left every one that had been injured on the side of the street to die.

Of course they would, that is exactly why my GOP congressman fought for and got a new VA outpatient clinic triple the size of the existing one, with vastly expanded services including self contained lab and imaging facilities. It will most likely include an MRI. Yep the GOP just hates us vets, you fucking idiot.

We have proved it to you many times. So many in fact that we are tired of doing it. You never stop lying, even after we have shown you to be a liar. It is a waste of our time to try any more.
Without examples, you haven't proven anything.
over the past 5 years you have been shown plenty of stuff,you not accepting those examples is your problem......
Then it should be easy to name a few.
dean dont you get tired of playing the same old game?.....how many times have i told you,you may have the newer people fooled,but the rest of us?,that hand was played a few years ago for most of us.....now you are looked at as some caricature on a message board....play your huh? game with a new person or dottie,he always believes your shit....

We have proved it to you many times. So many in fact that we are tired of doing it. You never stop lying, even after we have shown you to be a liar. It is a waste of our time to try any more.

Yeah we gave you examples too. Like I said, it's a waste of time.
see what i mean dean?.....the ones that know you ......

Remember when I said the GOP blocked the BP investigation into the Gulf Oil Spill and they cried liar? Even when I presented video from congress of Republicans blocking the investigation?

Remember when I said Republicans threatened to not pay unemployment benefits to millions of Americans unless the rich got enormous tax cuts? I proved that.

Remember when I said a Senate Republican apologized to BP because Obama was making them pay?

Remember when I said the military made the worlds fastest supercomputer out of game chips and USMB Republicans laughed and laughed. Turns out I was right.

Instead of actually proving anything, they will say "everybody knows" and then make some unproven accusation.
Then, they whine about Republicans always being attacked. Could you imagine Democrats apologizing to BP? Or sending soldiers into the wrong country? Or any of the awful things Republicans have done? There may be a few who vote Republican because this is a coalition party. There are conservatives in the Democratic Party. Besides they give cover to Republican policies.

I think If Republicans are going to scream liar, they should at least have the decency to prove it. Not that I'm calling them decent. Anyone who cuts benefits disabled veterans and school lunches for children is hardly decent. Even many of them agree with that.
you've got to take into acct that they are a bitter and shrinking demographic.
Yep, facts DO matter in reality... Try it!

Well, since I had not seen the statistic on senate elections I was a bit taken back.

It's a bummer for democrats.

I am afraid it does nothing for them as the system was set up that way.

Not really, the GOP isn't a national party anymore, just a bunch of Conservative Confederate States of AmeriKKKa hate mongers and liars, as this thread proves

Well, yes really. That was the basis for the bicameral system.

As to the GOP not being a national party, I would agree. It will be interesting to see what kind of leadership they develop and if they can put together any kind of national message going forward.

The real question is...do they need one.

I've seen several good debates over the composition of the senate these next several years.

But, it seems that most agree the house will stay with the GOP this next cycle (and could get even stronger).

We could be back to what we had in 2010 (dems in WH & Senate....federal legislature in gridlock).

The GOP owns more state houses than the democrats.

I have to wonder if the democrats didn't put to many eggs in one basket....and lost their game. CO sure seemed to swing away from them this time around. Even some GOP whackjobs got elected to the state house.

Time will tell.

One thing is for sure....it never seems to stay the same.

True the billionaires are loving the Powell memo's influence and the low informed who buy into their right wing nonsense. They support ideology that is direct contradiction of what most of the Founders wanted for US and an ideology that has ONLY ever helped the "job creators" at the expense of the bottom 90% of, weird how so many can buy into right wing propagandist so easily

voting-republican1.jpg

Whether they've bought in or not is still not clear to me.

Many, it seems on both sides, are voting against the other side.

I just have to wonder if many on the left and right are not just fed up with the stupidity of our government on both sides.

I noticed you were defending Harry Reid earlier. Unfortunately, based on what I hear, many on both sides find him to be the poster boy of politicians they'd love to see go away. Not because he's a democrat (there are plenty in the GOP that should go too), but because he really does create a sense of "untrustworthiness" in so many (again both left and right).

I know many conservatives who hate the whole right wing bullbag that flys around each election. At the same time they see no value in the other side either. It seems they tend to support those they think will do the least damage. This is not the majority of conservatives I know...just the thoughtful ones.

I, personally, really miss the Sam Nunn's of the world.

Defending Harry Reid? Oh you mean proving Harry DIDN'T admit he lied about the Moocher Romney?

My problem with conservatives and the ideology they support, it has NEVER worked as promised and they are always on the wrong side of issues.

I miss HONEST conservatives like Goldwater. Today's conservatives just follow Reagan as a (Faux) savior and continue his lying ways!

My fav quote on the problem with Gov't:

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
P. J. O'Rourke

over the past 5 years you have been shown plenty of stuff,you not accepting those examples is your problem......

Says a guy supporting the party of liars *shaking head*
learn to read....i have always had negative things to say about both parties....and here i was talking about dean....not a party...duh....

Sure Bubba, sure, you just happen to vote GOPer most times right? lol
why dont you show me a post in here where i have ever said the GOP is who i support ..i have 40,000 of them,so it should be easy....after about a thousand of them and still cant find one, then you will know what i know about you......you are one of them people with your head so far up your parties collective ass, who think if someone does not agree with them,they must be from the other tribe.....what else can they be.....:dunno:

Right, a guy who I'm POSITIVE supported Romney, Bush, Reagan, etc, doesn't support the GOP, lol

Parroting Democratic talking points isn't "proving anything" no matter how much you want to believe it it

Republicans hate the poor, Republicans are xenophobic, checking IDs is racist, Republicans worship the rich, Republicans worship corporations, Republicans want to end social security, Republicans want to take grandma's social security check, Republicans don't want to pay for abortions or raise the child, Republicans don't care about the environment, Corporations run government, the rich run government, Republicans don't want the poor to succeed, Republicans want to help corporations underpay the poor, Republicans want to export jobs, Republicans want a plutocracy, Republicans want a theocracy, Republicans want to bomb the middle east, Republicans would take the opposite side of Obama no matter what position he took, Republicans want to turn our streets into shooting galleries,

1) "Republicans hate the poor"

The Republicans' War on the Poor
The GOP is pushing to decimate food-stamp programs, punishing the most vulnerable just out of sheer spite

The Republicans War on Food Stamps Rolling Stone
But if you want to get a sense of where the GOP consensus is on the have-nots, you’d learn more from the news conference held Wednesday by the conservative Republican Study Committee, which claims as members 174 of the 233 House Republicans, a full 75 percent of the caucus.

The chairman of the RSC’s “anti-poverty initiative” is one Rep. Steve Southerland, a funeral director from the Florida Panhandle who is best known for heading an effort to dismantle the food-stamp program.

Dana Milbank The GOP s War on the War on Poverty - The Washington Post

14 Things The GOP Gets Totally Wrong About Poverty

2) "Republicans are xenophobic"

A party that gets less than 15% of the black vote? Less than 25% of Hispanic? Nah?

How xenophobes control the GOP: The right’s impossible immigration reform dilemma

How xenophobes control the GOP The right s impossible immigration reform dilemma - Salon.com

Republican Outreach: Xenophobia with a Smile

gop-outreach.jpg

3) "checking IDs is racist"

Report: Voter ID laws reduce turnout more among African American and younger voters

The report, issued Wednesday by the General Accounting Office [pdf], found that fewer African Americans have the types of identification — like a driver’s license or state-issued identification card — required to obtain a ballot than whites. As a consequence, turnout among African American voters fell by a larger percent than turnout among white voters in two states that implemented identification requirements between 2008 and 2012.

Report Voter ID laws reduce turnout more among African American and younger voters - The Washington Post

There is no evidence of outcome-changing voter fraud in America.
What there is evidence of is narrow-minded, life-inexperienced people who can’t think for themselves in the midst of manufactured clouds of fear and mindless screeching of impending doom by callous extremists. The need for voter IDs in the United States is baseless, has no merit and is extremely cruel in its intent.

The Voter-Fraud Myth What Racist Voter ID Laws Are Really About - DiversityInc

Voter ID Laws Are Deliberately Racist

“And they will need to defend the outrageous details of the law – such has how a concealed carry permit is a permissible form of voter ID but a federally-issued Medicare card carried by an elderly woman is not.”
Voter ID Laws Are Deliberately Racist Wonk Wire

Paul Weyrich, "father" of the right-wing movement and co-founder of the Heritage Foundation, Moral Majority and various other groups tells his flock that he doesn't want people to vote

New database of US voter fraud finds no evidence that photo ID laws are needed

In-person voter-impersonation fraud is rare. The database shows 207 cases of other types of fraud for every case of voter impersonation. “The fraud that matters is the fraud that is organized. That's why voter impersonation is practically non-existent because it is difficult to do

New database of US voter fraud finds no evidence that photo ID laws are needed - Investigations

"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome — good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

4) "Republicans worship the rich"

Well I agree with you, they worship ONLY they megarich

GOP-led House votes to repeal the estate tax

The Joint Committee on Taxation estimated that the bill would lower government revenue by nearly $270 billion over 10 years, benefiting 5,500 households.

"Repealing the estate tax would surely sow the seeds of a permanent aristocracy in this country," Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., said Thursday on the House floor.

GOP-led House votes to repeal the estate tax WashingtonExaminer.com

Why are Republicans trying to repeal the estate tax? It’s their nature.

Why are Republicans trying to repeal the estate tax It s their nature. - The Washington Post

The GOP estate-tax folly

Democrats also noted the repeal would cost the government around $270 billion over the next decade but wouldn't be offset with other revenue increases or spending cuts.

The GOP estate-tax folly - The Washington Post

0-4 don't need to go any further to prove you are full of shit Bubs!

I did your work for you. Just click the link below to a search on republicans cut veteran benefits:

‎www.bing.com/search?q=republicans+cut+veterans+benefits&qs=SC&pq=republicans+cut+vert&sc=4-20&sp=1&cvid=136c583a5c534815b2a8181989e640e8&FORM…

‎www.bing.com/search?q=republicans+cut+veterans+food+stamps&qs=AS&sk=HS1&pq=republicans+cut+veterans&sc=8-24&sp=2&cvid=1761544b9e1144c2bf3c045…

You might want to keep up, the bill you comrade was referring to was never passed by the House, so his argument was a non-starter to begin with.

Harry Reid is blocking the amendment so Republicans are blaming Harry Reid for cutting veterans benefits.

House Republicans overwhelming approved the plan before it even made it to Harry Reid for a vote. The Republicans could have restored the cuts themselves in the House. Instead, they voted for the plan with the cuts to veterans benefits and went home.

House and Senate negotiators on Tuesday agreed to cut benefits to military families, though not by as much as the Pentagon had demanded.

The lawmakers released a new Defense authorization bill that increases families' co-pays for prescription drugs under the Tricare health program. The bill would also reduce the planned rate of growth in the housing allowance provided to military families.

Senate Republicans blocked a $21 billion plan to build new VA clinics because they said it was too expensive, but today House Republicans advanced a $600 billion tax cut for business.

GOP Hypocrites Call Vets Benefits Too Expensive But Want a 600 Billion Tax Cut for Business
just when I thought the GOP couldn't sink any lower :( They should be brought up on charges!!!
Pointing that out and you too will be called a liar. Republican pretend they are the party that supports veterans. If it weren't for the Democratic Party protecting veterans, Republicans would leave every single one homeless and left every one that had been injured on the side of the street to die.

Of course they would, that is exactly why my GOP congressman fought for and got a new VA outpatient clinic triple the size of the existing one, with vastly expanded services including self contained lab and imaging facilities. It will most likely include an MRI. Yep the GOP just hates us vets, you fucking idiot.

A GOPer wants to bring home bacon to his district but stop it elsewhere? Shocking

Sure you do Bubba, sure. And Ronnie fought vigorously to stop his 11 tax increases AFTER he gutted taxes for the rich too, lol

The GOP is pushing to decimate food-stamp programs, punishing the most vulnerable just out of sheer spite

But if you want to get a sense of where the GOP consensus is on the have-nots, you’d learn more from the news conference held Wednesday by the conservative Republican Study Committee, which claims as members 174 of the 233 House Republicans, a full 75 percent of the caucus.

The chairman of the RSC’s “anti-poverty initiative” is one Rep. Steve Southerland, a funeral director from the Florida Panhandle who is best known for heading an effort to dismantle the food-stamp program.

A party that gets less than 15% of the black vote? Less than 25% of Hispanic? Nah?

How xenophobes control the GOP: The right’s impossible immigration reform dilemma

How xenophobes control the GOP The right s impossible immigration reform dilemma - Salon.com

gop-outreach.jpg

Report: Voter ID laws reduce turnout more among African American and younger voters

The report, issued Wednesday by the General Accounting Office [pdf], found that fewer African Americans have the types of identification — like a driver’s license or state-issued identification card — required to obtain a ballot than whites. As a consequence, turnout among African American voters fell by a larger percent than turnout among white voters in two states that implemented identification requirements between 2008 and 2012.

Report Voter ID laws reduce turnout more among African American and younger voters - The Washington Post

What there is evidence of is narrow-minded, life-inexperienced people who can’t think for themselves in the midst of manufactured clouds of fear and mindless screeching of impending doom by callous extremists. The need for voter IDs in the United States is baseless, has no merit and is extremely cruel in its intent.

“And they will need to defend the outrageous details of the law – such has how a concealed carry permit is a permissible form of voter ID but a federally-issued Medicare card carried by an elderly woman is not.”

Paul Weyrich, "father" of the right-wing movement and co-founder of the Heritage Foundation, Moral Majority and various other groups tells his flock that he doesn't want people to vote

In-person voter-impersonation fraud is rare. The database shows 207 cases of other types of fraud for every case of voter impersonation. “The fraud that matters is the fraud that is organized. That's why voter impersonation is practically non-existent because it is difficult to do

New database of US voter fraud finds no evidence that photo ID laws are needed - Investigations

"Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome — good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

The Joint Committee on Taxation estimated that the bill would lower government revenue by nearly $270 billion over 10 years, benefiting 5,500 households.

"Repealing the estate tax would surely sow the seeds of a permanent aristocracy in this country," Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., said Thursday on the House floor.

Why are Republicans trying to repeal the estate tax It s their nature. - The Washington Post

The GOP estate-tax folly

Democrats also noted the repeal would cost the government around $270 billion over the next decade but wouldn't be offset with other revenue increases or spending cuts.

Exactly as I said, a bunch of ridiculous leftists talking points. You realize you just supported my post, no?

Well, since I had not seen the statistic on senate elections I was a bit taken back.

It's a bummer for democrats.

I am afraid it does nothing for them as the system was set up that way.

Not really, the GOP isn't a national party anymore, just a bunch of Conservative Confederate States of AmeriKKKa hate mongers and liars, as this thread proves

As to the GOP not being a national party, I would agree. It will be interesting to see what kind of leadership they develop and if they can put together any kind of national message going forward.

I've seen several good debates over the composition of the senate these next several years.

But, it seems that most agree the house will stay with the GOP this next cycle (and could get even stronger).

We could be back to what we had in 2010 (dems in WH & Senate....federal legislature in gridlock).

I have to wonder if the democrats didn't put to many eggs in one basket....and lost their game. CO sure seemed to swing away from them this time around. Even some GOP whackjobs got elected to the state house.

Time will tell.

True the billionaires are loving the Powell memo's influence and the low informed who buy into their right wing nonsense. They support ideology that is direct contradiction of what most of the Founders wanted for US and an ideology that has ONLY ever helped the "job creators" at the expense of the bottom 90% of, weird how so many can buy into right wing propagandist so easily

voting-republican1.jpg

I just have to wonder if many on the left and right are not just fed up with the stupidity of our government on both sides.

I noticed you were defending Harry Reid earlier. Unfortunately, based on what I hear, many on both sides find him to be the poster boy of politicians they'd love to see go away. Not because he's a democrat (there are plenty in the GOP that should go too), but because he really does create a sense of "untrustworthiness" in so many (again both left and right).

I know many conservatives who hate the whole right wing bullbag that flys around each election. At the same time they see no value in the other side either. It seems they tend to support those they think will do the least damage. This is not the majority of conservatives I know...just the thoughtful ones.

Defending Harry Reid? Oh you mean proving Harry DIDN'T admit he lied about the Moocher Romney?

My problem with conservatives and the ideology they support, it has NEVER worked as promised and they are always on the wrong side of issues.

I miss HONEST conservatives like Goldwater. Today's conservatives just follow Reagan as a (Faux) savior and continue his lying ways!

The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it.
P. J. O'Rourke

This is where you take the hit.

You see, it isn't about whether he admitted lying (he never did from what I can tell), because he didn't have to.

Most of my liberal friends wish Harry would have a heart attack. He's been a boat anchor on the image of the senate.

This what you say and there is how you say it.

Just to be clear....there are other senate dems who are the same in my estimation and a host of republicans.

While I don't agree with Bernie Sanders for the most part....I like the way he conducts himself.

I really do miss Sam Nunn.

gop-outreach.jpg

The GOP estate-tax folly

Exactly as I said, a bunch of ridiculous leftists talking points. You realize you just supported my post, no?

So no, you'll stick to the right wing talking points (Ad homs) and not try to refute my posts supporting every one of the posits as correct? I'm shocked!

Time will tell.

voting-republican1.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

You see, it isn't about whether he admitted lying (he never did from what I can tell), because he didn't have to.

Most of my liberal friends wish Harry would have a heart attack. He's been a boat anchor on the image of the senate.

Just to be clear....there are other senate dems who are the same in my estimation and a host of republicans.

While I don't agree with Bernie Sanders for the most part....I like the way he conducts himself.

Take the hit? For showing Harry DIDN'T admit he lied as the right winger posited? Sorry. Fail

Harry has done a great job of keeping the far right extremists from rolling over the more moderate (than Harry) Obama. I'm not surprised you don't get it though

Yes, I miss honest conservatives like Goldwater too, unfortunately we have Reagan as being a "moderate" today in the GOP that's how far right the GOP has gone the past 20+ years!

Time will tell.

voting-republican1.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Take the hit? For showing Harry DIDN'T admit he lied as the right winger posited? Sorry. Fail

Harry has done a great job of keeping the far right extremists from rolling over the more moderate (than Harry) Obama. I'm not surprised you don't get it though

Yes, I miss honest conservatives like Goldwater too, unfortunately we have Reagan as being a "moderate" today in the GOP that's how far right the GOP has gone the past 20+ years!

Don't disagree with you on how far things have gone to the right in the past 20 years.

Harry has done a great job of giving the left (and liberalism) a bad name. I know you get it, but your are just a stormtrooper.

So no, you'll stick to the right wing talking point!

Stopped reading here. If you ever want to talk to a libertarian let me know. I've never been interested in your sick obsession with W, but whatever. It's a problem for your shrink

voting-republican1.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Don't disagree with you on how far things have gone to the right in the past 20 years.

Harry has done a great job of giving the left (and liberalism) a bad name. I know you get it, but your are just a stormtrooper.

Harry a liberal??? lol

Oh I guess if we go by Rushblo's or crazy people like the ones supporting the Tea Baggers, sure. Most normal Americans see him as a moderate conservative from Nevada, not a liberal known area!

Next you'll tell me Obama is a Marxist, lol

What benefits have they cut from disabled vets?

Sure you do Bubba, sure. And Ronnie fought vigorously to stop his 11 tax increases AFTER he gutted taxes for the rich too, lol

Wtf does that have to do with my post idiot? Nothing. Go play in the street.

Wtf does that have to do with my post idiot? Nothing. Go play in the street.

I thought we were talking about myths the right is perpetrating?? Next

Forum List

Back