Democrat policies lead to blood and violence at the local and global level....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Andrew Klavan is great....he knows how to frame the issues...and here he points out how democrat policies turn cities, states and nations into crime filled cess pools......

It Doesn t Have To Be This Way Klavan On The Culture

I lived in Manhattan in 1977, during the “Summer of Sam.” After decades of leftist governance, the city was a cesspool. The Son of Sam serial killer, who terrorized the boroughs, caught the public imagination, at least in part, because he was emblematic of a metropolis awash in crime. You were wary leaving your home at night. You did not go into the parks after dark; they belonged to the bad guys. The FALN — Puerto Rican terrorists whom Bill Clinton would later scurrilously pardon — were bringing business to a halt with bombs and bomb threats. And when, on my birthday, the city suffered a blackout, people — mostly black people — seized the moment to burn and loot their neighborhoods.

Conservative Mayor Rudy Giuliani transformed that city in the ’90s. It was Giuliani’s policies — including the policy called “broken window policing” enforced by commissioner William Bratton — that turned the cesspool into something very like America the Beautiful’s ”alabaster cities… undimmed by human tears.” The young professionals and artists who enjoy the town today don’t appreciate the change. At the time, it seemed a miracle of nearly Biblical proportions.

I’m no big fan of Republicans. I know who they are. But leftism is a cancer and the Democrat Party has it. Leftism is a cancer on the lives of the poor. Leftism is a cancer on the lives of the oppressed. Leftism is a cancer on the lives of human beings.

Leftism nearly killed the free west in the seventies. Conservatism and conservatives saved our cities and our world. If we let them, they can do the same again. Our choice.

Read more: It Doesn t Have To Be This Way Klavan On The Culture

Last edited:
I don't know why the likes star trek as that universe or any possible pathway to it = big government investment into science! Sounds awesome to me! At least I admit what it would take to do something that cool. ;)

Last edited:
Andrew Klavan is great....he knows how to frame the issues...and here he points out how democrat policies turn cities, states and nations into crime filled cess pools......

It Doesn t Have To Be This Way Klavan On The Culture

I lived in Manhattan in 1977, during the “Summer of Sam.” After decades of leftist governance, the city was a cesspool. The Son of Sam serial killer, who terrorized the boroughs, caught the public imagination, at least in part, because he was emblematic of a metropolis awash in crime. You were wary leaving your home at night. You did not go into the parks after dark; they belonged to the bad guys. The FALN — Puerto Rican terrorists whom Bill Clinton would later scurrilously pardon — were bringing business to a halt with bombs and bomb threats. And when, on my birthday, the city suffered a blackout, people — mostly black people — seized the moment to burn and loot their neighborhoods.

Conservative Mayor Rudy Giuliani transformed that city in the ’90s. It was Giuliani’s policies — including the policy called “broken window policing” enforced by commissioner William Bratton — that turned the cesspool into something very like America the Beautiful’s ”alabaster cities… undimmed by human tears.” The young professionals and artists who enjoy the town today don’t appreciate the change. At the time, it seemed a miracle of nearly Biblical proportions.

I’m no big fan of Republicans. I know who they are. But leftism is a cancer and the Democrat Party has it. Leftism is a cancer on the lives of the poor. Leftism is a cancer on the lives of the oppressed. Leftism is a cancer on the lives of human beings.

Leftism nearly killed the free west in the seventies. Conservatism and conservatives saved our cities and our world. If we let them, they can do the same again. Our choice.

Read more: It Doesn t Have To Be This Way Klavan On The Culture

The "Left" was responsible for The Son of Sam? You are a straight up retard.

Forum List

Back