If modern-day Democrats were like they used to be would you vote Democrat?

I think it’s a shame that there are publishing companies in America that will put out this material that denigrates our heroes. And there not even about mutual respect what I get from these publishers is that they are seemingly always elevating the tribesman that fought against Andrew Jackson. And some of the far left give off this false notion that all of the Indians were united against the white man. as if they did not fight each other for land just as we Europeans have throughout history
There is this additional growing issue here with some segments of conservative radio like patriot radio for example. Now they claim to stand for American history. They claim to stand against the far left. Yet they are the ones who insult the great American heroes of history like FDR and his cabinet members. I have heard this type of criticism toward popular democratic presidents from Andrew Wilkow and sonnie Johnson of patriot radio…. in fact I called into the patriot radio program one day and I was praising Roosevelt and then Johnson caught in and basically called him one of the worst racist ever. So just imagine that here is so-called patriot radio calling one of the heroes of America, the man that the World War II veterans of today admire …”as a racist.”

So look it’s no problem I respect freedom of speech but it’s really fascinating that there are people who claim to be patriots who say they are conservatives here ….at the same time they hold Franklin Roosevelt in a negative light . It makes no sense because all the World War II veterans admire Roosevelt. And Republicans have always said they Admire the greatest generation of Americans which were the World War II generation. But I think it’s a relatively new thinking maybe it’s about 3 to 5% of Republican voters have these anti-American views where they hold people like Henry Ford or Franklin Roosevelt or even John F. Kennedy in a negative light.

The criticism toward Franklin Roosevelt for example is shortsighted it does not take into account the totality of World War II and the global situation surrounding it. And the fact that the Empire of Japan was one of the most ferocious empires to ever live they had agents operating all over the world. The usual line is the Fdr critics complain about the interment of Japanese people. Without mentioning that the majority of Japanese-Americans were not interned …this was Japanese Americans on the West Coast that were interned . They don’t mention that it was a whole different era the 1940s and the enemy the United States were facing like the third Reich and the empire of Japan were far more strict far more violent in their approach to domestic affairs. To think that the Third Reich were exterminating people. If it wasn’t for the Soviets Americans, Chinese and British there might not be any Jews in the world and other groups of so-called undesirables gone. So show some respect show some respect toward Franklin Roosevelt and the allies.

And the same conservative types they all hype up Mark Levin, they hype up countries like Israel. They denigrate these beautiful wonderful Americans like Henry Ford and Andrew Jackson. They’re hypocrites of the highest order they know full well that Israel has been accused of war crimes…. they know that people like Henry Ford have apologized for the previous anti-Semitic incidents. They ignore the key information and they just keep on spouting their propaganda.

I should say this is only an issue with a segment of conservatives. the point is that these segment of conservatives cannot claim to be patriots not if they denigrate people like FDR and Henry Ford. They have basically gone woke that’s what they are they are the “woke” part of the conservatives. They lose common sense because in their diluted minds people like Andrew Jackson or Henry Ford were racist that’s what they think of these great honorable men…That is an insult to history because they were men of their times and there were Jews blacks of the same time. Who had similar beliefs. So it’s just hypocrisy and it’s blatant hypocrisy.

Part of the reason why I voted Republican in the past few elections it’s because I’m tired of the far left people constantly insulting Christians claiming that great Christian people of history are racist or against Jews. And now to see one or two Republicans in this thread talking that way about people like Andrew Jackson and Henry Ford is a disgrace.

Let me tell you something if more Republicans talk like admiral Rockwell or 2aguy that they’re not getting my vote. I’m thankful that only a few Republicans talk like that. admiral Rockwell and 2aguy are on the same side as the far left BLM. They don’t understand history properly they take things out of context. They are not being historically accurate toward people like Franklin Roosevelt, Henry Ford and political parties like the Democratic Party of the 20th century which helped out the workingman. So they’re out of line to use the term racist toward these entities. Show some respect for America.

So yes I am a proud Democrat a proud FDR and JFK Democrat. And That means I support a quality man, I support unions, I support equality among man, the best person should be hired for the job I support the site of the physically fit steel worker.

And happy Thanksgiving to everyone here. I certainly do hope that the people who live in America who believe it’s OK to insult Andrew Jackson or destroy a statue of Andrew Jackson but give a pass to Africans or Jews of history who lived during the same time who may have also owned slaves. I really hope that they could have a more balanced look toward life. This great Thanksgiving day God bless.

Last edited:
according to the ushmm The USA did more for US refugees during World War II compared to any other country. We took in hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees. This has to be said because there’s a small percentage of Republicans in America who hold the incorrect view that FDR and the United States were antisemitic during World War II. And by the way the ms St. Louis incident was after World War II used an incident by anti-Americans to try and blame Roosevelt for something out of his control. Just imagine Republicans trying to call Franklin Roosevelt an anti-Semite for the MS St. Louis incident when in reality the United States took on hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees.

The ms St. Louis incident saw ship of Jewish refugees trying to get to the USA in 1939 but they turned around and sent to allied countries. Unfortunately some of those allied countries were later over ran by the third Reich and some of those Jewish refugees ended up in the extermination camps.

With Henry Ford the myth about him is that he was this brutal racist man. Well the truth of the matter is that Mr. Ford was associated with a newspaper that ran antisemitic articles. And yes Adolf Hitler may have admired Henry Ford. But There’s plenty of examples of controversial people of history admiring for example The founding fathers .. does that mean our founding fathers were bad guys? No it does not. So the logic that these anti Henry ford people use is They think Henry Ford was a bad guy because Hitler admired him. That’s wrong . Because there’s plenty of people today republican or Democrat who have supporters who have made bigoted comments. As we know President Biden and President Trump both have supporters who are bigots.

again Henry Ford apologized for being connected to a newspaper that ran antisemitic comments and the majority of American Jews accepted that apology. That’s the history there. And it’s really unfortunate that we have not only some people on the left in America today who have these negative views toward people like Andrew Jackson, Henry Ford and Franklin Roosevelt …but also as we can see even a small percentage of conservatives have this incorrect view that people like Franklin Roosevelt or Henry Ford or even the Democratic Party were these bigoted entities of history.

It’s good to clear up these misconceptions and get on the right track. Because it’s important to have a society where we could have statues of African figures of history and European figures of history. We can learn about them and respect them. People like Henry Ford and Franklin Roosevelt need to be admired in America their legacy means a lot. Because of those two people Americans of all backgrounds have been able to secure middle-class union jobs. That’s a fact. Ford Motor Company was one of the most diverse workforce in American history.

Last edited:
I tend to go along with republicans for the most part and they more often that not want what I want.

But I used to say "I want the best person for president" so it could be a democrat as well.

But over the past 3 years I have changed my tune to "anyone except a democrat".

There are precious few democrats worth a shit. Tulsi gabbard being one, if she ran for president as a democrat I'd vote for her. But she left her party, their one solid great candidate left because they were just too shitty.

She was the only one of their current group I'd have considered worth their salt. She is smart, savvy, tough, has goals, and actually cares about making America America again.

My parents and grandparents did

And they were not stupid people

But there are no FDRs, Truman or JFKs in the democrat party today

He slaughtered many of his own people, provoked a civil war deliberately in order to promote the corporate welfare schemes of the old Whigs' 'American System', used some 75,000 Federal troops as a private army to control ballot boxes in many states, preventing any opposition voters from casting ballots by bayonets, fake charges, and murders. So naturally he's a Hero to the GOP. Mass murders of prisoners in concentration camps was also a fun pastime of his, another Maoist entertainment.

Which year did you get your one year of education? The year CrackerJacks went on sale?
actually, yes, I get my education from the year Cracker Jack went on sale. 1896.

I did ask where you get your information so that I could learn what you are talking about.

according to the ushmm The USA did more for US refugees during World War II compared to any other country. We took in hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees. This has to be said because there’s a small percentage of Republicans in America who hold the incorrect view that FDR and the United States were antisemitic during World War II. And by the way the ms St. Louis incident was after World War II used an incident by anti-Americans to try and blame Roosevelt for something out of his control. Just imagine Republicans trying to call Franklin Roosevelt an anti-Semite for the MS St. Louis incident when in reality the United States took on hundreds of thousands of Jewish refugees.

The ms St. Louis incident saw ship of Jewish refugees trying to get to the USA in 1939 but they turned around and sent to allied countries. Unfortunately some of those allied countries were later over ran by the third Reich and some of those Jewish refugees ended up in the extermination camps.

With Henry Ford the myth about him is that he was this brutal racist man. Well the truth of the matter is that Mr. Ford was associated with a newspaper that ran antisemitic articles. And yes Adolf Hitler may have admired Henry Ford. But There’s plenty of examples of controversial people of history admiring for example The founding fathers .. does that mean our founding fathers were bad guys? No it does not. So the logic that these anti Henry ford people use is They think Henry Ford was a bad guy because Hitler admired him. That’s wrong . Because there’s plenty of people today republican or Democrat who have supporters who have made bigoted comments. As we know President Biden and President Trump both have supporters who are bigots.

again Henry Ford apologized for being connected to a newspaper that ran antisemitic comments and the majority of American Jews accepted that apology. That’s the history there. And it’s really unfortunate that we have not only some people on the left in America today who have these negative views toward people like Andrew Jackson, Henry Ford and Franklin Roosevelt …but also as we can see even a small percentage of conservatives have this incorrect view that people like Franklin Roosevelt or Henry Ford or even the Democratic Party were these bigoted entities of history.

It’s good to clear up these misconceptions and get on the right track. Because it’s important to have a society where we could have statues of African figures of history and European figures of history. We can learn about them and respect them. People like Henry Ford and Franklin Roosevelt need to be admired in America their legacy means a lot. Because of those two people Americans of all backgrounds have been able to secure middle-class union jobs. That’s a fact. Ford Motor Company was one of the most diverse workforce in American history.
Henry Ford was given the highest civilian award given by the Germans. Your whitewashing his image is ignorant of reality and history.

And the same conservative types they all hype up Mark Levin, they hype up countries like Israel. They denigrate these beautiful wonderful Americans like Henry Ford and Andrew Jackson. They’re hypocrites of the highest order they know full well that Israel has been accused of war crimes…. they know that people like Henry Ford have apologized for the previous anti-Semitic incidents. They ignore the key information and they just keep on spouting their propaganda.
I doubt you have ever listened to Mark Levin long enough to see if anything you believe is true. I would challenge you to point out anything you know about Mark Levin, or believe. We could then see if what you believe is true or not.

Yes, you mention much. FDR, we could also start with FDR. Why did you not mention that the Democratic party member Franklin D. Roosevelt appointed a member of the KKK to the Supreme Court? In all seriousness. Your comments will make up a dozen threads.

Start with Levin, I say you know nothing of Levin and anything you try and bring up will be second hand knowledge. From a google search. Nothing you have learned from listening to his show. Which makes your opinion, what?

And the same conservative types they all hype up Mark Levin...

Why is it that in 1940. FDR refused to support a bill to outlaw lynching. Mark Levin points this out, is he right or wrong?

I doubt you have ever listened to Mark Levin long enough to see if anything you believe is true. I would challenge you to point out anything you know about Mark Levin, or believe. We could then see if what you believe is true or not.

Yes, you mention much. FDR, we could also start with FDR. Why did you not mention that the Democratic party member Franklin D. Roosevelt appointed a member of the KKK to the Supreme Court? In all seriousness. Your comments will make up a dozen threads.

Start with Levin, I say you know nothing of Levin and anything you try and bring up will be second hand knowledge. From a google search. Nothing you have learned from listening to his show. Which makes your opinion, what?
My top news anchor is probably Tucker Carlson right now. But he seems to disagree with people like Levin and Hannity on a few things. I don’t watch or listen to Mark Levin much but he is imo the Num 1 firebrand of all three. some of what Levin says I do agree with but I think he is a bit too aggressive at times.

Tucker Carlson actually ran a segment on Henry Ford that showcased ford in a positive manner. It’s probably about a year ago or so.

the general line I have heard from the likes of Levine, Andrew Wilcow and other conservatives on conservative radio like patriot radio for example,

They say the Democrats were the “party of racism and slavery”. It’s a talking point I’ve heard many times and the counterpoint is it’s a broad sweeping negative generalization that is incorrect. I think this is a failing strategy for Republicans to gain black voters. Because that’s seemingly what it is it’s much of the Republicans attempt to get black voters by saying hey you guys know the Democrats are always trying to hold you down. I don’t know how many Republicans take that strategy but I don’t think it’s a good one. It sounds to woke.

I am pointing out something interesting that a segment of Americans conservatives who claim to stand for American history and who claim to stand up to the far left…… in fact show themselves to be very critical of some of the well-known and most beloved Americans such as Franklin Roosevelt…. They say things like “Roosevelt wanted a big government, Roosevelt was a racist, Roosevelt prolonged the Great Depression” .

But these seemingly are woke far left talking points^. Im pointing this out people could react to it however they want. I choose to criticize it.

With regards to the issue of Hugo black well he gave up his membership in the klan and that is similar to the story of Robert Byrd…. of somebody going from doing the wrong thing to doing the right thing. So the criticism falls flat on its face because actually for example the Bible which often conservatives who claim to love the old testament that even speaks of forgiveness. And the lessons of how people learn from their mistakes and go on to make the whole world a better place and that is what Henry Ford, Hugo black, Franklin Roosevelt have done. They were great men.

Last edited:
They say the Democrats were the “party of racism and slavery”. It’s a talking point I’ve heard many times and the counterpoint is it’s a broad sweeping negative generalization that is incorrect. I think this is a failing strategy for Republicans to gain black voters. Because that’s seemingly what it is it’s much of the Republicans attempt to get black voters by saying hey you guys know the Democrats of always trying to hold you down. I don’t know how many Republicans take that strategy but I don’t think it’s a good one. It sounds to woke

I am pointing out something interesting that a segment of Americans conservatives who claim to stand for American history who claim to stand up to the far left in fact show themselves to be very critical of some of the well-known and most beloved Americans such as Franklin Roosevelt…. They say things like l Roosevelt wanted a big government, Roosevelt was a racist, Roosevelt prolong the great depression. But these seemingly are walk far left talking points. Again I just pointing this out people could react to it however they want. I choose to criticize it.

With regards to the issue if Hugo black well he gave up his membership in the klan and that is similar to the story of Robert Byrd…. of somebody going from doing the wrong thing to doing the right thing. So the criticism falls flat on its face because actually for example the Bible which often conservatives who claim to love the old testament that even speaks of forgiveness. And the lessons of how people learn from their mistakes and go on to make the whole world a better place and that is what Henry Ford, Hugo black, Franklin Roosevelt have done. They were great men.
I listen to Levin daily. I have since he was on the radio, so you can understand my correcting what I see as wrong.

When and why does Mark Levin point out the past of Roosevelt? It is pushback, it is to counter the narrative that the Republican Party is the party of racism. There is nothing that Mark Levin has stated that is not true about Roosevelt.

Criticism of a public figure, a politician, a person that is appointed by elected officials false flat, simply because that person, in public denounces an organization they enthusiastically joined?

We are not speaking of someone joining the Boy Scouts or the local Lions Club. We are speaking of the KKK in a time when they literally terrorized, and murdered black people. Murdered by hanging black men in front of their homes, in front of their families.

Yes the bible and forgiveness, I forgive Hugo Black for joining the KKK which was actively hanging Black Men in front of their children.

Yes, all that person need do, is say in public, I denounce the KKK? The man was a member!!!! The KKK! There is hardly a worst organization in the history of the world!

No ex-member of the KKK should ever of been allowed into American politics. It certainly speaks of the widespread racism in the USA, that KKK members were everywhere in our government. And openly endorsed by the President of the USA.

Sure we can forgive, but no KKK member, who denounces the KKK, should of ever been given a position in any place in our government. Not even as a janitor.

That kind of hate, that makes one join an organization that is actively killing black men, makes that man unfit for public office.

Henry Ford was given the highest civilian award given by the Germans. Your whitewashing his image is ignorant of reality and history.
lol Henry Ford hired more minorities than any other employer of his day besides the meatpackers sweatshops, including black people. You far right hacks know squat about history, you just hate anybody who did anything for working people, period. It makes you feel better about being narcissistic Ayn Rand bots.

Why is it that in 1940. FDR refused to support a bill to outlaw lynching. Mark Levin points this out, is he right or wrong?

Why do you think the Feds should be prosecuting local crimes? Suddenly you're all about centralized govt.?

I never mentioned the Federal Government prosecuting local crimes. Not in the least. Nice try, DumbleySmith
lol so lynchings are only committed on Federal property. Yeah, got it. You went senile before CrackerJacks, so my bad.

lol so lynchings are only committed on Federal property. Yeah, got it. You went senile before CrackerJacks, so my bad.
I never spoke of the Federal Government prosecuting local crimes. If you can see the difference, fine with me.

Either way, Franklin D. Roosevelt, the Democratic President, refused to outlaw lynching, you know, hanging men. It is a bit of a barbaric practice. I am certainly not surprised that you support hanging criminals.

I listen to Levin daily. I have since he was on the radio, so you can understand my correcting what I see as wrong.

When and why does Mark Levin point out the past of Roosevelt? It is pushback, it is to counter the narrative that the Republican Party is the party of racism. There is nothing that Mark Levin has stated that is not true about Roosevelt.

Criticism of a public figure, a politician, a person that is appointed by elected officials false flat, simply because that person, in public denounces an organization they enthusiastically joined?

We are not speaking of someone joining the Boy Scouts or the local Lions Club. We are speaking of the KKK in a time when they literally terrorized, and murdered black people. Murdered by hanging black men in front of their homes, in front of their families.

Yes the bible and forgiveness, I forgive Hugo Black for joining the KKK which was actively hanging Black Men in front of their children.

Yes, all that person need do, is say in public, I denounce the KKK? The man was a member!!!! The KKK! There is hardly a worst organization in the history of the world!

No ex-member of the KKK should ever of been allowed into American politics. It certainly speaks of the widespread racism in the USA, that KKK members were everywhere in our government. And openly endorsed by the President of the USA.

Sure we can forgive, but no KKK member, who denounces the KKK, should of ever been given a position in any place in our government. Not even as a janitor.

That kind of hate, that makes one join an organization that is actively killing black men, makes that man unfit for public office.
I don’t listen to or watch levin that much. For all I know he has praise Franklin Roosevelt. What I do know is he has been very critical of the Democratic Party in general he is another Republican who suggested Black people that the Democrats have a long try to control Black people. I don’t agree with that tactic just look at how many Black people vote Republican the numbers are not high enough.

I was saying that it was other conservatives on patriot radio such as Andrew Wilcow and Sonny Johnson who have made this incorrect viewpoint that Roosevelt was a racist. The point is it’s offensive to many Americans especially ww2 veterans.

The truth of the matter is that the clan was inclusive of Democrats and Republicans. It’s my position that racism was not a Democrat or Republican thing but it was a part of American history.

Hugo Black did not kill anyone. He was like millions of Americans at one point a member of the clan. It’s a part of American history and if you look at African history , Israeli history Arab history in many of these countries there is a controversial time. It was some of these israels who killed British civilians prior to 1948 went on to become Prime Minister‘s becoming the most powerful people in Israel

It is important to make a distinction because I don’t think Robert Byrd or Hugo black ever killed or lynched anybody what they are esteemed members of American history and of the Democratic Party. So they’re controversies are perhaps far less than the controversies of for example menchim begim or other Israeli leaders who were involved in killing other people. So it’s important to look at the whole picture. the Bible teaches us about people who led lives that were previously bad but eventually went on to do good things so I’m standing by what I’m saying and my viewpoint is Hugo black is what the Bible teaches us about a man finding redemption. So there you go there’s your counter argument and I think it’s a good one.

In a similar capacity if you look at the American Civil War you will find that the fact of the matter is that many of the soldiers even officers who fought for the confederate states would go on to have successful lives in the United States after the Civil War….that’s even more controversial one might argue than the Hugo black situation. So I don’t agree with the KKK of history no one does in America anymore. But yes there are many Americans Republican and Democrat to this day that look up to Hugo black …..especially people who go to law school for example. It’s a part of the woke culture to try and cancel people like Hugo black.

Last edited:
Thank you for your valued input. I highlighted in bold the parts I was most interested in getting your opinion on.

It would be something to bring back some of the Republican and Democratic senators from 1942 let’s say. 80 years later let’s bring them back and put them in front of the modern day Congress session. I’m sure they will be asking how the united nations are doing , what happened to the Soviet union. And I’m sure many would be upset to understand that the steroid users Mark McGwire and Barry bonds had broken the all-time home run record of Roger Maris.

I don’t have a ton of knowledge into Dixie Krats. But from what I have read even some of the Dixie krats were working hard to help Americans of all backgrounds black or white. It’s a whole nother topic to look into with regard to the southern democrats of the first half of the American 20th century… it will be a good topic because I think there’s a stereotype some have toward the southern Democrats that they were all these big-time racist people…

…Their words some of them would have told you they believed it separate but equal. Obviously this is an issue in today’s eyes but it was a different era back in the past. Of course to that point in the 1940s racism was an issue that affected both Republicans and Democrats. There were racist Republicans.

my position is that throughout the 20th century we seem to have had a situation where many more Americans had economic opportunities not only out of high school but even if they dropped out of high school. Compared to today. Even during the era of segregation in America during the racist era large numbers of African-Americans found high-paying jobs with help from the united auto workers. Now I could be wrong about this but I believe that American society was happier and better off in the middle of the 20th century compared to today. I believe it was because we had better leader ship it just so happens to be that the leaders of those days were Democrats but I also give credit to every day Americans whether they were Republican or Democrat for helping to build our country up so strongly during World War II. What are your thoughts on this?

We have less Americans today working the same job for 20 or 30 years compared to during the 20th century. Is that something that is good? For the long run
'my position is that throughout the 20th century we seem to have had a situation where many more Americans had economic opportunities not only out of high school but even if they dropped out of high school. Compared to today.'

I agree. In 1950 only 7.7% of the adult population had a college degree. Only 1 in 4 students in my high school graduating class went to college. Today about 69% go to college. My Dad, after the war, got a job in a machine shop. After about 8 years he became the manager and then it was bought out by a large national machine tool manufacturer. In 10 years he was a plant manager with over 500 employees. My Dad dropped out of school in the 10 grade but got a high school equivalency certification in the service. Stories like this were not that uncommon in the 20th century. Today the chances of that happening would about zero.

Of course, it wasn't just education. There were plenty of blue collar semi-skill jobs after WWII. Plants that today are run by 20 people had 300 employees . A combination of automation and in the later part of the 20th low cost overseas labor killed millions of jobs in US. And that has continued to this day.

"I believe it was because we had better leader ship it just so happens to be that the leaders of those days were Democrats but I also give credit to every day Americans whether they were Republican or Democrat for helping to build our country up so strongly during World War II. What are your thoughts on this?"

I don't know if it was leadership. I do know, that the two political parties often had the same goals but different solutions. For example both democrat and republican parties saw the need for more civil right for blacks. They just differenced how that should come about. The civil rights bill passed only because a number of republicans in the Senate voted with democrats to pass the bill. Joseph McCarthy in 1954 was censured due republicans voting with democrats. Throughout the early and mid 20th century, coalitions of liberal republicans worked with democrats to pass bills.

Today when a party does not control the presidency and both houses, practically nothing get's done and they just investigate each other. The strength of each party is so strong that going against the leadership is likely to destroy your pollical career.

Last edited:
I’d vote for a low-tax, small government democrat if such thing existed. JFK was cool.
It doesn't in either party. The democrats are just little more honest about it. Republicans carry this small government façade knowing it won't happen and even it did they would not support it. Both parties are controlled by big businesses that depends on big government.

Last edited:
lol Henry Ford hired more minorities than any other employer of his day besides the meatpackers sweatshops, including black people. You far right hacks know squat about history, you just hate anybody who did anything for working people, period. It makes you feel better about being narcissistic Ayn Rand bots.
Henry Ford, Ford Motor Company and United Auto Workers all played a critical role in bringing up the black and white American middle-class. That’s actually something that’s quite specific with the history of the united auto workers compared to other unions of the time that we’re racist. The UAW was not racist they were trendsetters. Jews, Arabs, black Americans white Americans Americans of all backgrounds worked for Ford Motor Company throughout the 20th century. Most were unionized and many voted a blue line….. this is the point that people like Admiral and two-way need to understand ….. this was the site of the American family the blue-collar Democrats working at the steel plant or at Ford or General Motors. That is because of the vision of Henry Ford of having to uplift all Americans which is also what Roosevelt, the new deal coalition , Francis Perkins the labor leader a important female leader of 20th century United States. Also Walter Reuther as I said before the union leader of the UAW the historic union leader there should be a movie about him starring Mel Gibson or Tom Cruise or something.

Here we learn about William Perry the first African-American hired at Ford motor company and a personal friend of Henry Ford,

the auto and the steel industry of the 20th century was very diverse.

The backbone of the US auto industry was the blue collared worker and many of them were Democrats. Sure there were Republicans in there as well because they were both patriots … it is worth noting in the World W II era the overwhelming majority of black voters voted for Franklin Roosevelt. Many African-Americans also felt a deep sense of connection and gratitude toward Henry Ford for opening the way.

Henry Ford had a vision of black Americans and white Americans working together,

Henry used the metaphor of sharing a crosscut saw to explain his belief that African Americans and whites should work together with "the colored man [sawing] at one end of the log and the white man at the other."

Beginning in the mid-1910s, Ford Motor Company hired increasing numbers of African-American workers. They held jobs in virtually all non-salary job categories and earned the same pay as white workers. Eventually, African Americans even held supervisory and white-collar positions. A 1919 Ford Motor Company policy statement expressed the views of Henry Ford and his son Edsel on employment: "We have learned to appreciate men as men, and to forget...everything else outside of human qualities and energy." For the most part, Ford Motor Company practice followed this philosophy. By 1926, over 10,000 African Americans worked for Ford Motor Company--more than half of all African Americans employed in the automobile manufacturing industry at that time.

Now it is true that men of American history some of our heroes have had controversies whether it be Henry Ford, Hugo black even Franklin Roosevelt himself. But the argument one can put forth is that if we go back to the 1940s or any part of the 20th century and we put up the United States against other countries of the world…. then who comes out more liberal ? I believe it is fair to say the United States at least comes out as a top 10 country in terms of our tolerance and societal values.

Civil rights achievements in the United States were happening under Democrats as early as Woodrow Wilson. Let’s remember something very critical here women got the right to vote the equal rights to vote under president Woodrow Wilson. by the time of JFK and Johnson we had a very strong middle class in America and upwards of 35% of jobs in United States were unionized. Looking at the 1960s and 1970s American society was pretty open compared to now with the security we have and living in the post-9/11 era. Republicans played a role in helping to make America’s economy and military number one in the world during the 20th century but I think it’s fair to say that Democrats led the way during those times and we can all be thankful for that. It was Roosevelt who led us through World War II it was Woodrow Wilson who led us the World War I and got women that equal right to vote. It was John F Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson that worked tirelessly for the civil rights achievements.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back