I'd love to have cons give me their definition of conservative

Held elected office at a county-wide level and wrote the verbiage for many things that were later adopted into, and still exist as, local ordinances.
Ah, passing more laws. Terrific, and no one cares except for those who hate government. You won't make any friends with that here, especially while on the government, AKA, taxpayer dole.

The conservative movement has been hijacked by religious fundamenalists and people who have an obsession with this man's absurd ideas: Grover Norquist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep,,,The republicans far right has transformed into what I call Loserterian. They're a hybrid creature of social conservative and extreme economic libertarian. They don't even believe in paving our roads and most of the things the old republican platform use to call for.

They must be destroyed. They're a disease.

Good luck with that. My guess is that the right owns about 80% of the guns in this country.

Mark

Last edited:
The conservative movement has been hijacked by religious fundamenalists and people who have an obsession with this man's absurd ideas: Grover Norquist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep,,,The republicans far right has transformed into what I call Loserterian. They're a hybrid creature of social conservative and extreme economic libertarian. They don't even believe in paving our roads and most of the things the old republican platform use to call for.

They must be destroyed. They're a disease.

And Matthew tells you the liberal creed. If you don't agree with a liberal, you must be silenced any way possible, killed preferably.

Not talking about nature you dumb piece of shit. Nature in the sense you use it and natural in the sense of rights aren't the same thing.

Natural rights are those that come without and aren't contingent upon statutory laws, customs, beliefs of any culture or government, etc.
There is no such thing...

Conservatives and our FOunding Fathers disagree.

That's my point.

BTW, so does the UN Declaration on Human Rights, since that probably means more to you than the Declaration of Independence.

Not talking about nature you dumb piece of shit. Nature in the sense you use it and natural in the sense of rights aren't the same thing.

Natural rights are those that come without and aren't contingent upon statutory laws, customs, beliefs of any culture or government, etc.
There is no such thing...

Conservatives and our FOunding Fathers disagree.

That's my point.

BTW, so does the UN Declaration on Human Rights, since that probably means more to you than the Declaration of Independence.

People like PMH regularly claim the founding fathers held the same views they hold today yet ignore the writings of those founding fathers.

Sadly, the Republican Party = The Nazi Party and the Democratic Party = The Communist Party. Those are your choices America. Good luck with that.

quote-the-modern-conservative-is-engaged-in-one-of-man-s-oldest-exercises-in-moral-philosophy-that-is-john-kenneth-galbraith-230907.jpg

Liberals are engaged in one of the most common things they do in order to push their ideology; that is redefine terms to fit their agenda. Selfish doesn't involve someone doing with what is their in a way other than what you think they should do. One cannot be selfish because they don't do it your way. However, Liberals do promote selfishness by telling freeloaders that they deserve someone else's money they didn't earn.
Liberals deal in reality, which means poor people have needs, and being selfish is what most so-called conservatives live for. It comes down to, I got mine, fuck everyone else in everything else. Hardly helpful, and nothing like moral.

Conservatives take it even further than that. They actually despise the less fortunate among us. They want our poor to just die, or be locked away in prison. They want them disappeared. These are the same people who consider themselves 'Good Christians.'

Today's Republican Party really does resemble the Nazi Party. All the hate, and the obsession with starting more wars. The change happened when the Neocons seized control. They're very dangerous people with a Nazi mentality. Those Nazis forced me out of the Party. I can't call myself a Republican anymore.

Liberals are engaged in one of the most common things they do in order to push their ideology; that is redefine terms to fit their agenda. Selfish doesn't involve someone doing with what is their in a way other than what you think they should do. One cannot be selfish because they don't do it your way. However, Liberals do promote selfishness by telling freeloaders that they deserve someone else's money they didn't earn.
Liberals deal in reality, which means poor people have needs, and being selfish is what most so-called conservatives live for. It comes down to, I got mine, fuck everyone else in everything else. Hardly helpful, and nothing like moral.

Conservatives take it even further than that. They actually despise the less fortunate among us. They want our poor to just die, or be locked away in prison. They want them disappeared. These are the same people who consider themselves 'Good Christians.'

Today's Republican Party really does resemble the Nazi Party. All the hate, and the obsession with starting more wars. The change happened when the Neocons seized control. They're very dangerous people with a Nazi mentality. Those Nazis forced me out of the Party. I can't call myself a Republican anymore.

That's what Liberals think because we oppose the government mandate to do what, if you guys actually showed compassion rather than just claiming it, doesn't have to involve the government. Liberals think that because not enough is given voluntarily it's OK to take it to make up what they've determined is the difference.

I want the poor to either do something to help themselves instead of constantly demanding others do it for them or those of you who think they deserve another person's money reaching into your pockets, thereby, proving the compassion you claim to have while leaving the government out of it.

Hate to break it to you but nowhere did Jesus teach about any role of the government in mandating any such programs.

If you left the party, accept that it was your choice. Quit, like the typical Liberal, blaming someone else. In case you weren't aware, no one considers you a Republican.

That's what Liberals think because we oppose the government mandate to do what, if you guys actually showed compassion rather than just claiming it, doesn't have to involve the government. Liberals think that because not enough is given voluntarily it's OK to take it to make up what they've determined is the difference.

I want the poor to either do something to help themselves instead of constantly demanding others do it for them or those of you who think they deserve another person's money reaching into your pockets, thereby, proving the compassion you claim to have while leaving the government out of it.

Hate to break it to you but nowhere did Jesus teach about any role of the government in mandating any such programs.

If you left the party, accept that it was your choice. Quit, like the typical Liberal, blaming someone else. In case you weren't aware, no one considers you a Republican.

It really is too bad the Nazi element within it seized control. The people currently running it, are very dangerous madmen. They want WWIII. And they despise the least fortunate among us. They would like to see them die, or lock them away in cages forever. These are very dark times for the Republican Party. I can't be a part of it.

It comes down to I EARNED mine so fuck you if you think I owe you something you're unwilling to earn. Nothing immoral or selfish about expecting someone else to get what they get the same way you did. If I expect someone to earn it, it's because I already have.
Your desire to deny everyone that doesn't live up to your expectation of what is earned, causes the homeless problem, causes the prison problem, which takes more from you than if you had a little compassion for the less fortunate. You are under the delusion that opportunity is there for everyone. Your greed costs you far more than you can imagine.

Seems like we are discussing everything EXCEPT what conservatism is (the original topic of the thread).

Back to the subject:
What is conservatism? It's the idea that government should do as little as possible, and should confine its influence to areas where private people and groups cannot do what is needed.

Not just areas where the govt thinks it can do "better" than private people or groups. But areas where private people and groups can't do it at all.

Such as foreign relations, national defense, setting national standards, running courts, dispassionately prosecuting lawbreakers, etc.

In a word, protecting people's rights.

And conservatives know that not everything we want, even necessary things like food and health care, is a "right". Govt should keep its hands off most things. People should do nearly everything for themselves, helping each other where needed, failing and trying again (a good way to learn), etc.

Conservatives hold that govt's job is to keep other people from interfering as you try to live your own life, except where you invited them to participate. Either people outside the country (foreign attack or invasion), or people inside the country (criminals, fraud artists, and govt itself). Otherwise govt should keep its hands off and stay out of they way.
Utopian, and not reality.

Utopian is thinking someone that won't get off his ass and earn it should have the same thing as someone that already did.

Utopian is thinking that a person making a choice they say is no one else's business should have the results of that choice funded when the chooser can't do so.

That's what Liberal think and it's far from reality.
You have no clue what liberals think, and with taxes you get civilization.

I know what Liberals say.

Then everyone in the civilization should be paying the same taxes. They don't. So much for your argument.
You really need to realize that we have a $19 trillion national debt. The interest on that debt is approaching a trillion dollars every year. The rich created that debt...THERE ARE NO POOR IN CONGRESS! And the poor can't pay it off. Only the rich and corporations have the money to pay it off.

It comes down to I EARNED mine so fuck you if you think I owe you something you're unwilling to earn. Nothing immoral or selfish about expecting someone else to get what they get the same way you did. If I expect someone to earn it, it's because I already have.
Your desire to deny everyone that doesn't live up to your expectation of what is earned, causes the homeless problem, causes the prison problem, which takes more from you than if you had a little compassion for the less fortunate. You are under the delusion that opportunity is there for everyone. Your greed costs you far more than you can imagine.

I don't expect anyone to do something that I'm either currently doing or have done to get where I am. Is that asking too much? It would be different if I was expecting them to do it but haven't done it myself.

It's not a delusion that the opportunity is there for everyone. You incorrectly and automatically ASSume that because someone isn't where another person is it was due solely to a lack of opportunity.

Wanting to keep what I've earned isn't greedy. I earned it. Someone demanding something that another person earned is greedy. No one owes you anything.

Seems like we are discussing everything EXCEPT what conservatism is (the original topic of the thread).

Back to the subject:
What is conservatism? It's the idea that government should do as little as possible, and should confine its influence to areas where private people and groups cannot do what is needed.

Not just areas where the govt thinks it can do "better" than private people or groups. But areas where private people and groups can't do it at all.

Such as foreign relations, national defense, setting national standards, running courts, dispassionately prosecuting lawbreakers, etc.

In a word, protecting people's rights.

And conservatives know that not everything we want, even necessary things like food and health care, is a "right". Govt should keep its hands off most things. People should do nearly everything for themselves, helping each other where needed, failing and trying again (a good way to learn), etc.

Conservatives hold that govt's job is to keep other people from interfering as you try to live your own life, except where you invited them to participate. Either people outside the country (foreign attack or invasion), or people inside the country (criminals, fraud artists, and govt itself). Otherwise govt should keep its hands off and stay out of they way.
Utopian, and not reality.

Utopian is thinking someone that won't get off his ass and earn it should have the same thing as someone that already did.

Utopian is thinking that a person making a choice they say is no one else's business should have the results of that choice funded when the chooser can't do so.

That's what Liberal think and it's far from reality.
You have no clue what liberals think, and with taxes you get civilization.

I know what Liberals say.

Then everyone in the civilization should be paying the same taxes. They don't. So much for your argument.
You really need to realize that we have a $19 trillion national debt. The interest on that debt is approaching a trillion dollars every year. The rich created that debt...THERE ARE NO POOR IN CONGRESS! And the poor can't pay it off. Only the rich and corporations have the money to pay it off.

I thought it was war according to the Liberals?

Self-made man eh? There is no such thing...

That's what your ****** President said. He would be wrong.
There is no such thing, and he's the President, not my President.

Sorry, he's wrong.

I know you want to believe him because as hard as you may try, you won't ever amount to anything. He said that to make people like you feel good.
Instead of sounding like the spoiled kid in the sandbox, you should try debating on an adult level. Your childish insults only diminish your integrity...or is that your goal?

It really is too bad the Nazi element within it seized control. The people currently running it, are very dangerous madmen. They want WWIII. And they despise the least fortunate among us. They would like to see them die, or lock them away in cages forever. These are very dark times for the Republican Party. I can't be a part of it.

You'll use any excuse.

I'd like to see people like you that claim you have compassion show it by doing for those you say deserve it with your own money and not demanding others be forced to fund it. When you do, you'll prove what you only say you have now.

Self-made man eh? There is no such thing...

That's what your ****** President said. He would be wrong.
There is no such thing, and he's the President, not my President.

Sorry, he's wrong.

I know you want to believe him because as hard as you may try, you won't ever amount to anything. He said that to make people like you feel good.
Instead of sounding like the spoiled kid in the sandbox, you should try debating on an adult level. Your childish insults only diminish your integrity...or is that your goal?

I treated someone with childish beliefs like a child. Nothing wrong with that.

You'll use any excuse.

I'd like to see people like you that claim you have compassion show it by doing for those you say deserve it with your own money and not demanding others be forced to fund it. When you do, you'll prove what you only say you have now.

It's very sad to see the Republican Party go the Nazi route. It has lost my support. I can't be a part of such hate, greed, and warmongering. It just isn't me.

Here's the sad dark reality folks...

Republican Party = The Nazi Party

Democratic Party = The Communist Party

Those are your only choices America. Good luck with that.

That's like saying the Titanic could float just fine after hitting the iceberg, because there were only holes on the right side of the hull, but the left side was still intact.

Conservatism is the belief (and practice) of government having nothing to do with most of people's lives, only protecting their rights but otherwise staying out of the way.

You can't be conservative in some things and big-govt in others. That simply means you are a big-govt liberal.

So you can't be conservative if you believe we can't spend enough on the big government of the military?
I believe in a strong national defense. I just don't believe we should also be paying for the defense of other countries while they rip into us for not having the social programs they do.

Libertarians, with a capital L, believe our military should not be much bigger than the size of a cub scout troop. I depart from them on this.
Invading other countries is NOT national defense. Meddling in other countries is not national defense. Just like the Iraq invasion has only made it worse and created ISIS, so too Korea, Vietnam, the Iran/Iraq war, the drug war in Columbia and Mexico. Since the drug war started, we've spent trillion$ on it, and have a hundred thousand times more drugs.

People like you are why we have a war on drugs.
Tell that to Oxycontin Limbaugh....as you drink your third Jack Daniels of the day....how many cigarettes have you smoked today?

Geeze you're a unpleasant douche-bag.

Forum List

Back