I'd love to have cons give me their definition of conservative

You'll use any excuse.

I'd like to see people like you that claim you have compassion show it by doing for those you say deserve it with your own money and not demanding others be forced to fund it. When you do, you'll prove what you only say you have now.

It's very sad to see the Republican Party go the Nazi route. It has lost my support. I can't be a part of such hate, greed, and warmongering. It just isn't me.

How has the GOP gone "Nazi"? Dear God, I hear that term thrown around more than "racist" these days... I'm staring to wonder if people even understand what these terms mean.

Much like many other words they redefine, Nazi means someone not willing to do things their way.

Neocon beliefs and practices do mirror Nazi beliefs and practices. They hate the least fortunate among us, they hate minorities, and they're vicious Warmongers.

If you continue electing them, they will start WWIII. The Republican Party needs to dump the Neocons. They're very dangerous people. I will not support the Party as long as they're in control.

If you loved the less fortunate as much as you claim, there wouldn't be any. People like you that think they are owed something would handle their financial problems on your own instead of expecting the government to force others.

Boy, you sure got the Nazi rhetoric thing down. You're why i can't support the Party anymore. I can't do the greed, hate, warmongering thing. Almost makes me wanna support the Communist assholes in the other Party... Almost.

You'll use any excuse.

I'd like to see people like you that claim you have compassion show it by doing for those you say deserve it with your own money and not demanding others be forced to fund it. When you do, you'll prove what you only say you have now.

It's very sad to see the Republican Party go the Nazi route. It has lost my support. I can't be a part of such hate, greed, and warmongering. It just isn't me.

How has the GOP gone "Nazi"? Dear God, I hear that term thrown around more than "racist" these days... I'm staring to wonder if people even understand what these terms mean.

The rogue Nazi element within it, seized control. They're called 'Neocons.' Their main source of financing and support came from religious zealot Conservatives. They're hateful, greedy, warmongering madmen.

Their rise to power in the Republican Party really has paralled the rise to power for the Nazis in Germany. You loyal Republicans better be careful what you wish for. Your madmen want WWIII. It won't be pleasant.

Uhm, ok.......

:cuckoo:

You Libertarians are nuttier than a squirrel's turd.

Contemplate it a bit more before lashing out. The Neocon rise is eerily similar to the Nazi rise. So be very careful what you wish for. The folks running your Party are very nasty characters. They want WWIII.

Look, I get it.. the GOP is a mess. But I don't think anyone wants WW III. And as to similarities to 1930's Germany, sorry, I don't see it. Matter of fact, all the Jew hating I see coming from the leftists, not the right.

The GOP has become Democrat lite.

The rogue Nazi element within it, seized control. They're called 'Neocons.' Their main source of financing and support came from religious zealot Conservatives. They're hateful, greedy, warmongering madmen.

Their rise to power in the Republican Party really has paralled the rise to power for the Nazis in Germany. You loyal Republicans better be careful what you wish for. Your madmen want WWIII. It won't be pleasant.

Uhm, ok.......

Contemplate it a bit more before lashing out. The Neocon rise is eerily similar to the Nazi rise. So be very careful what you wish for. The folks running your Party are very nasty characters. They want WWIII.

Look, I get it.. the GOP is a mess. But I don't think anyone wants WW III. And as to similarities to 1930's Germany, sorry, I don't see it. Matter of fact, all the Jew hating I see coming from the leftists, not the right.

Oh, i'm not defending the Communist assholes in the other Party. I'm just pointing out the eery similarities between Neocons and Nazis. The hateful rhetoric sounds the same.

Sadly the Neocons, mainly backed by religious fundamentalist Conservatives, have hijacked the Party. And they are very dangerous people. They do want a Police State and WWIII. Republicans better stop living in denial about that. Before it's too late.

Much like many other words they redefine, Nazi means someone not willing to do things their way.

Neocon beliefs and practices do mirror Nazi beliefs and practices. They hate the least fortunate among us, they hate minorities, and they're vicious Warmongers.

If you continue electing them, they will start WWIII. The Republican Party needs to dump the Neocons. They're very dangerous people. I will not support the Party as long as they're in control.

If you loved the less fortunate as much as you claim, there wouldn't be any. People like you that think they are owed something would handle their financial problems on your own instead of expecting the government to force others.

Boy, you sure got the Nazi rhetoric thing down. You're why i can't support the Party anymore. I can't do the greed, hate, warmongering thing. Almost makes me wanna support the Communist assholes in the other Party... Almost.

I have the if you claim compassion prove it thing down. You have the thinking words are the same as actions thing down. Hate to break it to you but you already have joined the other side.

Uhm, ok.......

They have to make it sound bad so they can fool their side into believing them.

Oh, i'm not defending the Communist assholes in the other Party. I'm just pointing out the eery similarities between Neocons and Nazis. The hateful rhetoric sounds the same.

Sadly the Neocons, mainly backed by religious fundamentalist Conservatives, have hijacked the Party. And they are very dangerous people. They do want a Police State and WWIII. Republicans better stop living in denial about that. Before it's too late.
I see the usual suspects are still mistaking Republicans for conservatives.

And they probably wonder why nobody is taking them seriously.

quote-the-modern-conservative-is-engaged-in-one-of-man-s-oldest-exercises-in-moral-philosophy-that-is-john-kenneth-galbraith-230907.jpg

Liberals are engaged in one of the most common things they do in order to push their ideology; that is redefine terms to fit their agenda. Selfish doesn't involve someone doing with what is their in a way other than what you think they should do. One cannot be selfish because they don't do it your way. However, Liberals do promote selfishness by telling freeloaders that they deserve someone else's money they didn't earn.
Liberals deal in reality, which means poor people have needs, and being selfish is what most so-called conservatives live for. It comes down to, I got mine, fuck everyone else in everything else. Hardly helpful, and nothing like moral.

Conservatives take it even further than that. They actually despise the less fortunate among us. They want our poor to just die, or be locked away in prison. They want them disappeared. These are the same people who consider themselves 'Good Christians.'

Today's Republican Party really does resemble the Nazi Party. All the hate, and the obsession with starting more wars. The change happened when the Neocons seized control. They're very dangerous people with a Nazi mentality. Those Nazis forced me out of the Party. I can't call myself a Republican anymore.

And what will you do when the takers outnumber the makers? When there simply aren't enough people working to support those who contribute nothing but their need? That day is not far away if you're paying attention.

It's not that we want them to die, we just recognize at some point they HAVE to start contributing to society, instead of doing nothing but taking from it. If not, the consequences are too terrible to contemplate.

Liberals are engaged in one of the most common things they do in order to push their ideology; that is redefine terms to fit their agenda. Selfish doesn't involve someone doing with what is their in a way other than what you think they should do. One cannot be selfish because they don't do it your way. However, Liberals do promote selfishness by telling freeloaders that they deserve someone else's money they didn't earn.
Liberals deal in reality, which means poor people have needs, and being selfish is what most so-called conservatives live for. It comes down to, I got mine, fuck everyone else in everything else. Hardly helpful, and nothing like moral.

Conservatives take it even further than that. They actually despise the less fortunate among us. They want our poor to just die, or be locked away in prison. They want them disappeared. These are the same people who consider themselves 'Good Christians.'

Today's Republican Party really does resemble the Nazi Party. All the hate, and the obsession with starting more wars. The change happened when the Neocons seized control. They're very dangerous people with a Nazi mentality. Those Nazis forced me out of the Party. I can't call myself a Republican anymore.

That's what Liberals think because we oppose the government mandate to do what, if you guys actually showed compassion rather than just claiming it, doesn't have to involve the government. Liberals think that because not enough is given voluntarily it's OK to take it to make up what they've determined is the difference.

I want the poor to either do something to help themselves instead of constantly demanding others do it for them or those of you who think they deserve another person's money reaching into your pockets, thereby, proving the compassion you claim to have while leaving the government out of it.

Hate to break it to you but nowhere did Jesus teach about any role of the government in mandating any such programs.

If you left the party, accept that it was your choice. Quit, like the typical Liberal, blaming someone else. In case you weren't aware, no one considers you a Republican.

It really is too bad the Nazi element within it seized control. The people currently running it, are very dangerous madmen. They want WWIII. And they despise the least fortunate among us. They would like to see them die, or lock them away in cages forever. These are very dark times for the Republican Party. I can't be a part of it.
Seems like we are discussing everything EXCEPT what conservatism is (the original topic of the thread).

Back to the subject:
What is conservatism? It's the idea that government should do as little as possible, and should confine its influence to areas where private people and groups cannot do what is needed.

Not just areas where the govt thinks it can do "better" than private people or groups. But areas where private people and groups can't do it at all.

Such as foreign relations, national defense, setting national standards, running courts, dispassionately prosecuting lawbreakers, etc.

In a word, protecting people's rights.

And conservatives know that not everything we want, even necessary things like food and health care, is a "right". Govt should keep its hands off most things. People should do nearly everything for themselves, helping each other where needed, failing and trying again (a good way to learn), etc.

Conservatives hold that govt's job is to keep other people from interfering as you try to live your own life, except where you invited them to participate. Either people outside the country (foreign attack or invasion), or people inside the country (criminals, fraud artists, and govt itself). Otherwise govt should keep its hands off and stay out of they way.
Utopian, and not reality.

Utopian is thinking someone that won't get off his ass and earn it should have the same thing as someone that already did.

Utopian is thinking that a person making a choice they say is no one else's business should have the results of that choice funded when the chooser can't do so.

That's what Liberal think and it's far from reality.
You have no clue what liberals think, and with taxes you get civilization.

I know what Liberals say.

Then everyone in the civilization should be paying the same taxes. They don't. So much for your argument.
You really need to realize that we have a $19 trillion national debt. The interest on that debt is approaching a trillion dollars every year. The rich created that debt...THERE ARE NO POOR IN CONGRESS! And the poor can't pay it off. Only the rich and corporations have the money to pay it off.

Hate to break it to you, but the rich and the corporations don't have that kind of money. You liberals have done far too good a job creating a dependent underclass so you'll have a ready source of voters for political power. That dependency is growing....what will you do when it gets too large?

You'll do what good liberals have always done. You'll single some out, and the extermination camps will rise again.

And what will you do when the takers outnumber the makers? When there simply aren't enough people working to support those who contribute nothing but their need? That day is not far away if you're paying attention.

It's not that we want them to die, we just recognize at some point they HAVE to start contributing to society, instead of doing nothing but taking from it. If not, the consequences are too terrible to contemplate.

People like Paul will probably support the idea of making whether or not you get distributions from something you were forced to put into means tested. All those that currently keep SS afloat because the poor aren't doing it will have to pay knowing that when they get older they'll get nothing. Bet he'll say they don't need it either.

Today's 'Conservatives' are Conservative when it's convenient. I hate to say it, but most current Republicans calling themselves 'Conservatives', are really just greedy white people who hate gays, minorities, and poor folk. More & more they're being perceived as the 'Party of greedy hateful white people.'

They're also very much into big government and worshipping Big Brother. And they're into Permanent War too. So i'm not sure why they call themselves 'Conservatives.' You've presented a great question. I'll enjoy seeing their responses. Thanks.
If a Republican isn't a conservative then it makes no sense to use them to smear conservatives. Duh. Who hates minorities? You're full of shit. Thanks.
Who hates minorities?
the righties here who talk about minorities like they are somehow superior to them....like katz,shootspeeders,steve magarett, matthew....to name a few....dottie on the left....

It's always a hoot when liberals try to define conservatism. The lies and utter fantasies are impressive in their sheer scope.
comparison-chart.gif
Liberals "seek to unite"? Lol. Good one. Liberals realize they cannot win if people get along. Its why they constantly pit black against white, rich against poor, men against women, etc.

I could go thru each point and prove it wrong. Its not worth my time.

Mark
i agree with that,liberals unite as well as conservatives do,which is....if you agree with me welcome,if you dont fuck you...

Left-wingers are some stupid mofo's.
At least, they are giving answers. So far not a single conservative, including you, has even attempted to answer the question. So. is that because conservatives don't know the answer or because they are embarrassed by the answer?

Answer what? It doesn't matter... you left-wingers run with your Huffiness Post narratives; it doesn't matter what anyone says.... your small minds are closed. Wy should I waste time? I'd rather just ridicule you morons.
That is a really lame excuse for not knowing or being too embarrassed to answer a simple question about what the meaning of your ideology is. The normal response should be to proudly explain it, not hide from it.

I don't hide from it pal.... all I am saying is that most liberals are very close minded people.. it doesn't matter what you say, they have their preconceived notions and they will never be swayed. Why waste time on them?
works the other way too soggy....

Today's 'Conservatives' are Conservative when it's convenient. I hate to say it, but most current Republicans calling themselves 'Conservatives', are really just greedy white people who hate gays, minorities, and poor folk. More & more they're being perceived as the 'Party of greedy hateful white people.'

They're also very much into big government and worshipping Big Brother. And they're into Permanent War too. So i'm not sure why they call themselves 'Conservatives.' You've presented a great question. I'll enjoy seeing their responses. Thanks.
If a Republican isn't a conservative then it makes no sense to use them to smear conservatives. Duh. Who hates minorities? You're full of shit. Thanks.
Who hates minorities?
the righties here who talk about minorities like they are somehow superior to them....like katz,shootspeeders,steve magarett, matthew....to name a few....dottie on the left....

That I don't have to rely on programs like affirmative action says that I'm superior to those who do. They get what they get due to factors that if used to deny would be considered racist or sexist. If a white person doesn't get it, those who support AA thinking it meant due to qualification say too bad.

You have to be one of the most forgetful son of a bitches I know.
he is a great mathematician though....

One of those idiot savant thingys?
had to do with the billion dollar lotto that just passed....he claimed if they split that up among everyone we would all be millionaires ending poverty....until a few posters pointed out we would only have 4 bucks apiece....then he blamed it on his wife...lol....what a man....he left that thread quick....lol....

You have to be one of the most forgetful son of a bitches I know.
he is a great mathematician though....

One of those idiot savant thingys?
had to do with the billion dollar lotto that just passed....he claimed if they split that up among everyone we would all be millionaires ending poverty....until a few posters pointed out we would only have 4 bucks apiece....then he blamed it on his wife...lol....what a man....he left that thread quick....lol....

I had to correct some "folks" on FB on that one. I gave up on explaining the odds of winning before I even started.

Who hates minorities?

That I don't have to rely on programs like affirmative action says that I'm superior to those who do. They get what they get due to factors that if used to deny would be considered racist or sexist. If a white person doesn't get it, those who support AA thinking it meant due to qualification say too bad.
i dont believe thats what im talking about and i think you know that....it has to do how they refer to minorities being stupid and less than people...there are plenty of examples around.....

Forum List

Back