Zone1 I was a Catholic for 50 years but left six years ago, here's why

The rebellion in Eden brought sin and death and the knowing of bad. Gods kingdom rule will fix it all.
Or you could argue God didn't make a mistake and that man was always intended to have knowledge of good an evil.

Moses was a true man of God-righteous.

moses used heavenly personification for his own purposes and was a liar - provide the tablets they claim were etched in the heavens w/ 10 commandments - used to persecute and victimize the innocent.

Or you could argue God didn't make a mistake and that man was always intended to have knowledge of good an evil.
Which would every man choose? knowing only good and living forever, never sick, diseased, never without, not aging like now, no war, fear, pain, death, etc--or knowing good and bad, suffering through this existence then dying after 90 years or so? The choice is simple. God was 100% correct, he always is.

moses used heavenly personification for his own purposes and was a liar - provide the tablets they claim were etched in the heavens w/ 10 commandments - used to persecute and victimize the innocent.
I don't need to. the bible has been proven as true.

Which would every man choose? knowing only good and living forever, never sick, diseased, never without, not aging like now, no war, fear, pain, death, etc--or knowing good and bad, suffering through this existence then dying after 90 years or so? The choice is simple. God was 100% correct, he always is.
But man does choose to have knowledge of evil.

Only not in the way it came about. It appears we humans feel the need to help God in keeping His word. He works so slowly! (As Sarah would testify.)

One Jewish tradition is not to eat fruit from a tree until the second year it produces. It stems from the belief that God intended mankind to have the knowledge of good and evil at some point, but either the fruit or mankind was not yet ready. Too soon Eve decided the fruit/mankind was ready, and Adam went along with Eve's call instead of God's.

Sarah decided the only way to have a child was to have Hagar carry one for her (Ishmael). Later, of course, Isaac was born.

One Jewish tradition is not to eat fruit from a tree until the second year it produces. It stems from the belief that God intended mankind to have the knowledge of good and evil at some point, but either the fruit or mankind was not yet ready. Too soon Eve decided the fruit/mankind was ready, and Adam went along with Eve's call instead of God's.

Sarah decided the only way to have a child was to have Hagar carry one for her (Ishmael). Later, of course, Isaac was born.
I believe it is an artifact of intelligence, as such it is unavoidable. How does when it occur make a difference?

I believe it is an artifact of intelligence, as such it is unavoidable. How does when it occur make a difference?
Dolphins are very intelligent, but they do not seem to have the knowledge of good and evil. Whales, too, exhibit intelligence--even my chinchillas display elements of intelligence. When/how knowledge of good and evil occurs sparks my interest, and all we have now are the clues in Genesis.

Dolphins are very intelligent, but they do not seem to have the knowledge of good and evil. Whales, too, exhibit intelligence--even my chinchillas display elements of intelligence. When/how knowledge of good and evil occurs sparks my interest, and all we have now are the clues in Genesis.
I guess what I am arguing is that it is a human condition from the very beginning.

The Scriptures tell us that Jesus is now enthroned ruling in heaven. His bodily return is yet a future event. The Bible never ascribes more than one location to his physical body at any given time. Their objection is Christ is God? And God everywhere?” True, But this refers to his spiritual, not physical presence. In Mt.24:23-24 we are told if anyone says look here is Christ or there! Do not believe it. If they he say he is in the desert or in the inner rooms (the glass case or a wafer) DO NOT BELIEVE IT! Can you bring Christ down from Heaven from where He sits? The priests say they can. According to God’s Word of truth,not mans tradition it says, “Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is to bring Christ down from above)” (Romans 10:6-11).

According to the Catholic view they can do this, God now incarnates again and becomes a wafer. The Scriptural warning in Mt.24 applies. He doesn’t put His power or grace in inanimate objects. Christ is localized in a body sitting at the right hand of God. Are we to take seriously that we actually eat the Lord, that he is transmuted into a byproduct just like food is in our body. This is like the Hindu view of pantheism and is of a pagan influence that God dwells in in animate objects. Then we must assume that we crush his body in our teeth and actually digest it, which is repugnant to even consider.

In 1 Jn.4:2-3 it says “Every Spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God” this means only once he incarnated. John is writing after the resurrection In Greek this denotes a continuous action from the past continuing through to the future. In other words, the same body that Jesus took at the incarnation is the same body He resurrected in and dwells in forever. He does not become many little wafers or bodies, being called down from heaven by a priest to be ingested and come out the digestive track (I’m sorry to be so descriptive) He came in the flesh only once he rose in the flesh and continues in a flesh body throughout eternity. He doesn’t put His power or grace in inanimate objects. Grace comes from the person of the Father and Jesus Christ just as the scripture states. Catholics need to trust in God’s word to have the truth, not in their Catechism or traditions

when was that ...

the recorded, uninterrupted history of that book and those religions proves their baseless origins as anything than heavenly.
There are things in the OT no mortal knew or could prove, they weren't proven truth until after the18th or 19th centuries.

There are things in the OT no mortal knew or could prove, they weren't proven truth until after the18th or 19th centuries.

parlor tricks are a dime a dozen, those documents are filled with them one after another.

Do you know the bible promises that Gods kingdom will do?
And I am asking you how exactly will God's kingdom cure man choosing to have knowledge of evil when it is man's knowledge of evil that drives man's desire for good?

And I am asking you how exactly will God's kingdom cure man choosing to have knowledge of evil when it is man's knowledge of evil that drives man's desire for good?
Adam and Eve were created not to know any bad. the rebellion brought sin and bad to man. Gods kingdom will cure it.

Forum List

Back