I think there is something wrong with Perry

I think there is something physically wrong with Perry.

First the performance in New Hampshire last week, and now he forgets that he wants to destroy the Department of Energy, so that big oil can control our future.

and I think there's something wrong with you chris your little god obama is so fucked up there's to much to point at for one thread.

Sorry Infy, your point doesn't fly.

Nice try though.

Something is wrong with Perry. Pain killers, booze, or something medical.

One has to wonder given his performance at the last debate and his speech in New Hampshire.

And if he wasn't drunk there's something seriously wrong with him.

Rick Perry Drunk At New Hampshire Speech? No, Say State GOP Leaders

Rick Perry: Drunk During N.H. Campaign Speech? - The Hollywood Gossip

New Statesman - Is Rick Perry drunk in this video?

Nice try though.

One has to wonder given his performance at the last debate and his speech in New Hampshire.

There is something wrong with people who can say there is something wrong with Perry and not say that about obama.

First the performance in New Hampshire last week, and now he forgets that he wants to destroy the Department of Energy, so that big oil can control our future.

Having now heard Perry flubbing up in the last debate?

I'm inclined to agree.

The man is obviously so stressed out that his mind isn't as sharp as it must be to be POTUS.

Nice try though.

There is something wrong with people who can say there is something wrong with Perry and not say that about obama.

Obama is just as human as the next guy, and comes with the most typical American political shortcoming: Good talker / poor leader.

He suffers from Texas republicanism, it is a unique disease that only afflicts Texas republicans. As you can see from the last two Bushes who held office.

We may have to give you a new nickname, Captain Obvious.

Why, you are right. Most people don't momentarily forget their train of thought when talking for a long time without notes or teleprompters.

Oh, wait, they don't.

Amusingly enough, we were in a meeting with our General Manager yesterday, and he couldn't remember the name of our computer system. Something he works with every day, but he forgot it for about ten seconds before someone prompted him.

What bothers me is that we have this meaningless excercise of debates, which are not indicative of how someone would govern, and we focus on one soundbite.

Prior to that flub, people said this was Perry's strongest outing. He gave some solid answer. Oops. One flub.

I think the big problem with Perry is that he was told that this would be a cakewalk and he didn't prepare himself. The people around him told him that the other candidates were jokes and people hated Romney, so he'd have no problem.

Can he recover? Maybe. I think he needs to use other media.

Obama is just as human as the next guy, and comes with the most typical American political shortcoming: Good talker / poor leader.

oh obama's human but Perry isn't?

main.php

They really shouldn't let Ricky have guns...

It's deceptive and dishonest to use a Photoshop pic as if that's what was actually taken at the time.

oh obama's human but Perry isn't?

Are you really THAT politically paranoid?

Dooooooood - get a girlfriend! Perry IS the next guy in that equation!

Why, you are right. Most people don't momentarily forget their train of thought when talking for a long time without notes or teleprompters.

Oh, wait, they don't.

Amusingly enough, we were in a meeting with our General Manager yesterday, and he couldn't remember the name of our computer system. Something he works with every day, but he forgot it for about ten seconds before someone prompted him.

What bothers me is that we have this meaningless excercise of debates, which are not indicative of how someone would govern, and we focus on one soundbite.

Prior to that flub, people said this was Perry's strongest outing. He gave some solid answer. Oops. One flub.

I think the big problem with Perry is that he was told that this would be a cakewalk and he didn't prepare himself. The people around him told him that the other candidates were jokes and people hated Romney, so he'd have no problem.

Can he recover? Maybe. I think he needs to use other media.

What bothers me more is that he would get rid of the Department of Energy, the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce.

The Department of Energy not only helps determine energy policy by gathering and analyzing data..it provides a mechanism to monitor nuclear material and does research on new forms of energy sources. This is a national security issue. The same could be said for both the Departments of Commerce and Education to a lesser extent.

He's also not taking these debates very seriously..or he is just really bad at it.

What bothers me more is that he would get rid of the Department of Energy, the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce.

The Department of Energy not only helps determine energy policy by gathering and analyzing data..it provides a mechanism to monitor nuclear material and does research on new forms of energy sources. This is a national security issue. The same could be said for both the Departments of Commerce and Education to a lesser extent.

He's also not taking these debates very seriously..or he is just really bad at it.

The Department of Defense could handle those nuclear material issues just as well. Probably better.

The Department of Energy is a great example of what happens when Bureaucracies are created in the moment of concern, and then spend the rest of the time justifying their existence.

DoE was established when we had gas lines, and the Beta version of Obama, Jimmy Carter, had to show he was doing something. "While, I'll create a Department of energy!" WHich did nothing to solve the problem. The problem was solved by markets doing their jobs. So this useless bureaucracy had to find something to do, and it did. It made life so difficult for the Nuclear industry that we have built very few new nuclear plants since the 1980's. So while Japan and France developed strong nuclear industries, we are still using coal fired plants.

As for Department of Education, I'm sorry, I just don't see the Federal Government being a big help in what should be a local issue. Since it was instituted, our kids have gotten dumber, not smarter.

Commerce. Right. We are running500 Billion a year trade deficits. They should rename it the "BOHICA" Department.

The Department of Defense could handle those nuclear material issues just as well. Probably better.

The Department of Energy is a great example of what happens when Bureaucracies are created in the moment of concern, and then spend the rest of the time justifying their existence.

DoE was established when we had gas lines, and the Beta version of Obama, Jimmy Carter, had to show he was doing something. "While, I'll create a Department of energy!" WHich did nothing to solve the problem. The problem was solved by markets doing their jobs. So this useless bureaucracy had to find something to do, and it did. It made life so difficult for the Nuclear industry that we have built very few new nuclear plants since the 1980's. So while Japan and France developed strong nuclear industries, we are still using coal fired plants.

As for Department of Education, I'm sorry, I just don't see the Federal Government being a big help in what should be a local issue. Since it was instituted, our kids have gotten dumber, not smarter.

Commerce. Right. We are running500 Billion a year trade deficits. They should rename it the "BOHICA" Department.

Oh..so is the Department of Homeland Security useless as well?

:lol:

Oh, absolutely. I'd also fold Interior and EPA into a single agency. Fold Commerce, Transportation, and Labor into a single department that handles Economic issues.

the overall problem is that we have government that consumes 6 trillion in a 14 trillion dollar economy, with an economy that bleeds 500 Billion a year in trade.

Oh, absolutely. I'd also fold Interior and EPA into a single agency. Fold Commerce, Transportation, and Labor into a single department that handles Economic issues.

the overall problem is that we have government that consumes 6 trillion in a 14 trillion dollar economy, with an economy that bleeds 500 Billion a year in trade.

"folding" the bureaus into each other does nothing.

and i hate to be the one to break the news to you but cutting jobs during a recession isn't the answer.

you do know there are jobs attached to those agencies, right?

interior and EPA do not do the same thing. commerce and labor do not do the same thing or even have the same interests. it could be a conflict for one agency to do both.

and i'm not sure where you think transportation belongs with those two... unless you think it should be linked to commerce, which really isn't the point of it.

Folding all these department isn't going to help that. And I find that people work better when they are focused on fewer things to be good at. Breaking up a big problem into smaller components basically is the way to get it solved. At least that's what I have found.

"folding" the bureaus into each other does nothing.

and i hate to be the one to break the news to you but cutting jobs during a recession isn't the answer.

you do know there are jobs attached to those agencies, right?

interior and EPA do not do the same thing. commerce and labor do not do the same thing or even have the same interests. it could be a conflict for one agency to do both.

and i'm not sure where you think transportation belongs with those two... unless you think it should be linked to commerce, which really isn't the point of it.

Transportation is all about Commerce. Ike understood this, which is why he created the Interstate Highway system when he saw the advantage the AutoBahns gave Germany during the war.

As for eliminating jobs... fact is, government jobs are wasteful. These people don't do anything productive and they make too much money.

That's the real problem. Those of us who are doing something productive are pulling the wagon for those who aren't.

Forum List

Back