I said: "Next the Left will turn to normalize Pedophiles"... and it comes out of 'Salon':

There's a rather bizarre obsession with sex with children among the conservative right.

Really, it's those of you on the wrong who have something bizarre going on. You willfully and actively promote that which you know is immoral, degrading, and evil, and then when we on the right express our opposition, you accuse us of having “a bizarre obsession.”
From the outside it sure does look that way. There's plenty of real child sex abuse going on by actual child molesters. So this fixation on a guy that doesn't molest children and doesn't want to as an example of the Left promoting child abuse defies all explanation.

Some people are attracted to children and it's something they didn't choose. If they supress those urges and never put children in danger, they are decent human beings in my book.

If a pedophile never molest a child....what crime have they committed?
The OP believes, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, that all pedophiles molest children or eventually will, that pedophiles all choose to have those urges, and that just the thoughts alone should be prosecuted. Several others on this thread have thrown their lot in with this departure from reality.

If you were scouring this thread for rational thought, other than my posts, you're sure to come up empty.
No, he doesn't believe thoughts should be prosecuted. He believes, as I do, that pedophilia is a dangerous mental illness, and those who are afflicted should be excised from society and made permanent wards of the state...as should all who suffer from mental illness who have shown themselves incapable or unwilling to curb their impulses.

If you were scouring this thread for rational thought, other than my posts, you're sure to come up empty.

Of all the different opinions, expressed by all the different persons who have participated in this thread, you think that you are the only one whose opinions are rational?

Does the word “hubris” mean anything to you?
Yes, my posts and those of skylar are the only rational posts on this thread. And that's a fact, not an opinion.

The OP believes, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, that all pedophiles molest children or eventually will, that pedophiles all choose to have those urges, and that just the thoughts alone should be prosecuted. Several others on this thread have thrown their lot in with this departure from reality.

No, he doesn't believe thoughts should be prosecuted. He believes, as I do, that pedophilia is a dangerous mental illness, and those who are afflicted should be excised from society and made permanent wards of the state...as should all who suffer from mental illness who have shown themselves incapable or unwilling to curb their impulses.
You need to read the thread instead of guessing. Keys doesn't want to wait until someone acts out on their impulses. You'll get no argument from me that child abusers should be locked up forever for the protection of society. But wanting to lock someone up for thoughts they don't act upon is sick. There are plenty of pedophiles who have not and never will abuse a child and as I said, there's one in my own family. Unlike Keys, they know the difference between right and wrong.

You need to read the thread instead of guessing. Keys doesn't want to wait until someone acts out on their impulses. You'll get no argument from me that child abusers should be locked up forever for the protection of society. But wanting to lock someone up for thoughts they don't act upon is sick. There are plenty of pedophiles who have not and never will abuse a child and as I said, there's one in my own family. Unlike Keys, they know the difference between right and wrong.
If someone admits to pedophilia, they're mentally ill and a danger to others. Lock them up.

If someone admits to pedophilia, they're mentally ill and a danger to others. Lock them up.
If someone admits to wanting to lock people up for thought crimes, they're mentally ill and a danger to others. Lock them up.

If someone admits to wanting to lock people up for thought crimes, they're mentally ill and a danger to others. Lock them up.
Pedophilia isn't a thought crime any more than schizophrenia us. Pedophiles are a menace and a threat and crazy as all get out. Crazy people can't be fixed and should be locked up.

I've worked intimately with pedophiles, incidentally. If I was truly heartless I'd advocate culling them. I'm not, though. I have compassion for them. But they are irretrievably damaged and lost. There is no fixing them, and they are opportunistic. There are zero pedos who would not victimize under the correct circumstances.

Pedophilia isn't a thought crime any more than schizophrenia us. Pedophiles are a menace and a threat and crazy as all get out. Crazy people can't be fixed and should be locked up.
Fortunately in our system, crazy isn't enough to lock anyone up, they have to demonstrate an ability to act on it. My family member is more sane than you are, afraid of what's in people's heads instead of what they actually do. You should get some help for that and be put in jail for life because, for all we know, your imbalanced thinking might lead you to take matters into your own hands and track down the guy in this article and kill him.

Better safe than sorry.

I've worked intimately with pedophiles, incidentally. If I was truly heartless I'd advocate culling them. I'm not, though. I have compassion for them. But they are irretrievably damaged and lost. There is no fixing them, and they are opportunistic. There are zero pedos who would not victimize under the correct circumstances.
Bullshit. There are many who never have and never will hurt somebody. You I'm not so sure of.

Fortunately in our system, crazy isn't enough to lock anyone up, they have to demonstrate an ability to act on it. My family member is more sane than you are, afraid of what's in people's heads instead of what they actually do. You should get some help for that and be put in jail for life because, for all we know, your imbalanced thinking might lead you to take matters into your own hands and track down the guy in this article and kill him.

Better safe than sorry.
Tell that to the parents of school kids shot by lunatics who had previously been locked up and should never have been released.

Bullshit. There are many who never have and never will hurt somebody. You I'm not so sure of.
Spoken like a true lunatic. I take it you've been taking lithium since the age of two.
If a person is insane, they have no business walking amongst children unsupervised. I'm not talking about garden variety depressives or assholes with anxiety disorder. I'm talking about lunatics, generally male, who scare the shit out of people and fantasize about hurting kids.

Spoken like a true lunatic. I take it you've been taking lithium since the age of two.
If a person is insane, they have no business walking amongst children unsupervised. I'm not talking about garden variety depressives or assholes with anxiety disorder. I'm talking about lunatics, generally male, who scare the shit out of people and fantasize about hurting kids.
So far, the only one I see fantasizing about hurting people is you. You're no different than communists who locked people up not because they hurt anyone but because of their thoughts. Fortunately this is America and the totalitarian state you dream of we will never tolerate. So you can keep having your sick thoughts about installing a precrime justice system. As long as it's in your head, nobody will lock you up.

So far, the only one I see fantasizing about hurting people is you. You're no different than communists who locked people up not because they hurt anyone but because of their thoughts. Fortunately this is America and the totalitarian state you dream of we will never tolerate. So you can keep having your sick thoughts about installing a precrime justice system. As long as it's in your head, nobody will lock you up.
Locking up criminals and dangerous lunatics who admit they are compelled to hurt children is not totalitarianism. The parents of the kindergartners killed by Adam and the families of the students killed at ucc agree.

Better safe than sorry.

^ THAT ^ is precisely how we ended up with "Pedophile Priests" and The Federal Government trying to create a "RIGHT" for men to 'marry' men.

The "They're people too! And who are you to say that what THEY think is wrong ?"

It's called Relativism and it is a perversion of human reasoning. No Pedophile has ever ACTED without having FIRST nursed the 'thought' of sexual behavior with a child. It's as simple as THAT.

And this thread is a WONDERFUL demonstration of people who are TODAY... perfectly accepting of people who THINK ABOUT MOLESTING CHILDREN...

Step One: Complete.

Locking up criminals and dangerous lunatics who admit they are compelled to hurt children is not totalitarianism. The parents of the kindergartners killed by Adam and the families of the students killed at ucc agree.

You understand that you're defining the Ideological Left, don't you?

Remove the mentally damaged from any society and there will be no trace of a Leftist advocacy to be found in that society.

You understand that you're defining the Ideological Left, don't you?

Remove the mentally damaged from any society and there will be no trace of a Leftist advocacy to be found in that society.
Yes, I do know that.

What a great solution for everybody.

Nice, then we "free" American's can live in constant fear that someone in power will think we are thinking "bad thoughts" and throw us in jail.

I have enough money to pack up and leave, I'd feel for the rest of you idiots though heh

Forum List

Back