I may or may not watch the Super Bowl. (Yes this belongs in politics.)

Well I am watching because Hombre (hubby) wanted company while he watched, Rendition of "Amazing Grace", a great 'National Anthem" by Chris Stapleton, no players kneeling, tears in the eyes of some including black players, and so far no 'black national anthem' Maybe the NFL got the memo that a lot of people of all colors resented a concept of separate national anthems?
the black national anthem isnt televised,,

There is no such thing as a Black National Anthem. Tis just a song
Fake News from a Fake Independent.

Screenshot_20230212-184850-031.png

The Adam and Eve commercial seem like a blatant attack on Christianity. That kind of things along with our modern day(The old ones had value but the new ones let’s not go there) “superhero films bring no value to Americans. They’re designed to get us away from church. They are designed to make people weak and brainwashed

We used to have historical films that motivated us. Mel Gibson did quite a few whether it was the patriot or Braveheart. I even recall Super Bowl commercials that utilized history to also motivate us but I haven’t seen one commercial yet that was good so far the Super Bowl

It’s so obvious that the NFL that the Hollywood industry are going so out of their way to give into BLM, to give into race division ,,.. the commercials are not even entertaining.

Bring us back Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin bring us Marvin Gaye come on give us something America…. hopefully they’ll be a Super Bowl commercial that pays homage to these people 🤔

I can’t believe the Buffalo Bills are not in the Super Bowl by the way.!

Always next year as they say it’s getting old

As for Patrick Mahomes you got a love to hate him. The guy is amazing it just sucks that he’s not on my team.

This is a very specific and focused discussion on one single aspect of the Super Bowl or anything similar that might apply.

I may or may not watch the Super Bowl. One reason is how politicized national sports have become. But also. . .

I see where the intention is to play the so-called "Black National Anthem" at the game. How divisive is having a national anthem for black people and another for everybody else? How is that not racist? How is that not the same thing as separate schools or separate drinking fountains?

To me it is just wrong.

The issue is that black people feel like they're being treated differently. They want something that represents them, the US national anthem, to some, represents white people. White presidents, white congress, white supreme court, white history.

It's funny how people will demand that Americans are all one people when it suits them, but at other times they'll wave the confederate flags, they'll put down minorities, etc.

I can’t believe the Buffalo Bills are not in the Super Bowl by the way.!

Always next year as they say it’s getting old

As for Patrick Mahomes you got a love to hate him. The guy is amazing it just sucks that he’s not on my team.
Didn't they go four years in a row and couldn't close the deal?

Didn't they go four years in a row and couldn't close the deal?
Yes Going back to the Jim Kelly days. I was too young. I couldn’t imagine what it was like to actually understand Scott norwoods wide right field goal miss against the New York Giants. I think I was about four years old at the time.

I was old enough to watch the music city miracle back in 1999 win the Tennessee Titans on the last play of the game return to kick off for a touchdown on a lateral pass the frank wycheck gave to Derek Mason I believe. Although the Buffalo sabers in Dallas stars if you remember in the 1999 Stanley Cup there was no goal situation we’re Brett Hall had a skate in the crease and they allow him to score anyways even though it was illegal… they gave him the goal. That was a pretty bad year for Buffalo sports in 1999.

Maybe just maybe the Buffalo Sabres win the Stanley Cup this year!

I don't object to the song. But after so much blood and treasure has been given so that black Americans can just be Americans like everybody else, the idea of an anthem for black people and a separate anthem for everybody else is repulsive to me. Divisive, racist.
I don't think it is meant to be divisive. It's an inspirational song to them, like Amazing Grace is to you or me, or for me, I personally like.... America, The Beautiful, more than the National anthem.

I think I wouldn't let it bother you so much....

It wasn't Black players insisting this song be played....

The NFL organization had some sort of superficial guilt for an organized behind the scenes black balling of players for kneeling during the National Anthem, and insensitivity to their black players concerns.

A couple of years ago, the NFL decided that the way to be more "sensitive" to their black players, was to play this inspirational song, now labeled the Black National anthem on Thursday night and Sunday night games....

:rolleyes: as their measure of being more sensitive to the black man's causes....

Playing a song, two nights a week, as a way of being more sensitive to recognizing the black player's concerns with unarmed blacks being needlessly killed by cops just sheds light on how stupid the NFL is... imo.

Neither white, black, or yellow think this NFL, two night a week song does anything to address their issues and was just another fake try at being concerned with black player's concerns, by the NFL owners....

So did they actually do the black national anthem this year.? I didn’t see it. But They gotta drop that if they did. Let’s learn from our mistakes we’re all Americans we’re all in this together. No more race division.

I really like Kansas City‘s tomahawk chop team same as the Atlanta Braves one. Hopefully this doesn’t get canceled

I don't think it is meant to be divisive. It's an inspirational song to them, like Amazing Grace is to you or me, or for me, I personally like.... America, The Beautiful, more than the National anthem.

I think I wouldn't let it bother you so much....

It wasn't Black players insisting this song be played....

The NFL organization had some sort of superficial guilt for an organized behind the scenes black balling of players for kneeling during the National Anthem, and insensitivity to their black players concerns.

A couple of years ago, the NFL decided that the way to be more "sensitive" to their black players, was to play this inspirational song, now labeled the Black National anthem on Thursday night and Sunday night games....

:rolleyes: as their measure of being more sensitive to the black man's causes....

Playing a song, two nights a week, as a way of being more sensitive to recognizing the black player's concerns with unarmed blacks being needlessly killed by cops just sheds light on how stupid the NFL is... imo.

Neither white, black, or yellow think this NFL, two night a week song does anything to address their issues and was just another fake try at being concerned with black player's concerns, by the NFL owners....
Good points ….Well a lot of folks have criticized Roger Goodelle for not caring about the concussion issue. So just like it is with the mega corporations like Starbucks and all the sports corporation that gave millions to Black Lives Matter …. they don’t care about people. they care about one thing money.

there is no argument to say that the police in the USA target people based on race. Rich millionaires in the NFL have no right to claim that they’re being discriminated against. Not when we have Black and white janitors who are making so much less money…. literally cleaning up shit. And The working black man and the working white man in this country have to hear about some millionaire talking about how poor white Vietnam veterans addicted to heroin living in the streets ….have “white privilege?”

I’m not too worried our country’s been through much worse. We will get through this episode of race division just a matter of time. Black people and white people throughout history have been both slaves and slave owners. We are equal we are equal throughout history.

It’s like with Stephen Curry. One of the biggest hypocrites of all. The guy claims to stand up for poor people he claims to stand up for black lives. Yet when they wanted to move in not even a low income housing unit… but a medium housing income unit maybe a mile away from him or so ….he and his wife protested tested it. That shows you everything you need to know my friend.

These rich pro Black Lives Matter white and black athletes care about one thing money. Their paycheck they don’t give a damn about helping people out. If they actually cared they would stand up the Black Lives Matter because BLM crates race division.

Thankfully we got tons and tons of working class white people and Black people in this country that contribute to our economy. They contribute to our military and contribute to society based on mutual respect. Meanwhile much of the United States government, big tech and much of big business is trying to divide us by race , they’re trying to keep us down. They don’t want a strong middle class

Last edited:
/——/ I just watched the first gay commercial of the pre game.
From 1805 in the pre-game till halftime there were exactly six commercials without negros in them.

Two were NASCAR, a cat playing the piano, a couple new movies, and the Kylo Ren guy commercial.

I found the two alcohol commercials with that Williams tennis "woman" especially disgusting.....She would have made a kick-ass Klingon female though. ;)

The most "out of place negros award" goes to the ones in the EV "Jeep" commercial.....They don't do wildlife to any great extent.

Oh and now the stripper pole "bitch got the itch" so-called music.

Blah, at least the game is good. :)

From 1805 in the pre-game till halftime there were exactly six commercials without negros in them.

Two were NASCAR, a cat playing the piano, a couple new movies, and the Kylo Ren guy commercial.

I found the two alcohol commercials with that Williams tennis "woman" especially disgusting.....She would have made a kick-ass Klingon female though. ;)

The most "out of place negros award" goes to the ones in the EV "Jeep" commercial.....They don't do wildlife to any great extent.

Oh and now the stripper pole "bitch got the itch" so-called music.

Blah, at least the game is good. :)
/——/ Ok, I’m a Baby Boomer but I don’t get the Rihanna halftime show.

This is a very specific and focused discussion on one single aspect of the Super Bowl or anything similar that might apply.

I may or may not watch the Super Bowl. One reason is how politicized national sports have become. But also. . .

I see where the intention is to play the so-called "Black National Anthem" at the game. How divisive is having a national anthem for black people and another for everybody else? How is that not racist? How is that not the same thing as separate schools or separate drinking fountains?

To me it is just wrong.
Awwwww. You poor widdle snowflake.

Forum List

Back