I made my choice

lightshedder

Rookie
Mar 6, 2014
(...)

Besides, believing without seeing cannot be a violation of human intelligence. God says to man: "64.16. So fear God as much as you can!" See how God trusts man’s intelligence? He leaves to each of us the task of assessing his personal ability to comply with God’s orders and prohibitions.

Moreover, there’s not just the world (everything outside the individual) to lead us to know God. There is also the "personal" relationship between the believer and the Lord. When God tests us, when we go through trials by ordeal, we discover things, more intimate, that we cannot see in the world around us. People see things in dreams that materialize ten years, twenty years later, and science, which wants to put everything under the microscope, cannot explain this. At first, our weaknesses (unemployment, sickness, etc.) or our fears (of poverty, death, etc.) put us on the path of God, lead us unto Him, in spite of ourselves; but, little by little, we discover things we did not know about ourselves and the world. And this is how we begin to "see" this invisible God; we knowingly and willingly content ourselves with believing until believing merges into and becomes one with knowledge. God said : "47.19 Know that there is no god but God." It is not enough to just believe, one should know. Once we have crossed that barrier that separated us from God, we become kind of protected friend of God. Respect and submission against protection and reciprocal love.

We will therefore go "in the footsteps" of God and avoid taking any other way. "6.153. And (He commandeth you, saying) : This is My straight path, so follow it. Follow not other ways, lest ye be parted from His way: This hath He ordained for you, that ye may ward off (evil)."

The problem is, there are a lot of ways, all attributed, rightly or wrongly, to God. Which one should we take? We can’t count the deities to whom man has attributed the privilege of having created the world. Logically, there can be no more than a single creator. When we agree on a single creator, we credit him with several religions or cults. When we agree on one cult we differ as to the details, we speak of multiple versions of the same cult that are all attributed to the same God. Despite wars and disasters that have always been caused by these differences, there are still among us followers of this cult or that one, of this version of the cult or that one. At one point in history, a third of the German population was decimated in religious wars. Yet one of the most influential German political parties still carries the attribute "Christian". Similarly, in England, half of whose history is made of religious wars, it still being said "God Save the Queen". Even the president of the United States say "God Bless America." Even in many of these countries where people fought for the sake of God the common man is still baptized and marries and is buried according to religious rites. Better yet, religion will be more and more important in our lives for at least a century or more. Hijab Day will be recalled as anything but a joke. We must therefore position ourselves in relation to this reality. It's necessary to choose. Whether we have to choose to change or keep one’s father’s religion, it's not always easy. Speaking only for myself, there are many Muslims like me for whom I pass for an ungodly for the simple reason that I do not wear a beard and I dress in a manner other than their own. So what do we do? Well, we choose, each according to one’s personal beliefs, and then we assume our choice. Our choices, active or passive, free or coerced, can move us away from each other as they can bring us together where our human intelligence can only bring us together. When Jewish scientists, for example, are trying, in their writings, to understand or explain the purpose of God, when they talk about the beauty and harmony of the world, they do not stray too far from what would be written on the same subject by a Christian or Muslim scholar, Catholic or Protestant, Sunni or Shiite, of XXI century or the sixteenth century. All want to know this wonderful God before Whom they prostrate themselves willingly in the greatest excitement, unable to imagine how He is or how He could be. They do not care. They are already dazzled by the beauty and magnificence that other mortals do not get to see or do not want to see in this world. It is this quest of Divine knowledge which is the basis of all God’s creation. More than worshiping Him, God wants us to know Him. Because if we know Him we will love Him. God does not forbid us to ask questions. On the contrary, our questions can only lead us to Him. It’s up to us to see what is in us and beyond us.

(...)

Heart Flowers

(...)

Besides, believing without seeing cannot be a violation of human intelligence. God says to man: "64.16. So fear God as much as you can!" See how God trusts man’s intelligence? He leaves to each of us the task of assessing his personal ability to comply with God’s orders and prohibitions.

Moreover, there’s not just the world (everything outside the individual) to lead us to know God. There is also the "personal" relationship between the believer and the Lord. When God tests us, when we go through trials by ordeal, we discover things, more intimate, that we cannot see in the world around us. People see things in dreams that materialize ten years, twenty years later, and science, which wants to put everything under the microscope, cannot explain this. At first, our weaknesses (unemployment, sickness, etc.) or our fears (of poverty, death, etc.) put us on the path of God, lead us unto Him, in spite of ourselves; but, little by little, we discover things we did not know about ourselves and the world. And this is how we begin to "see" this invisible God; we knowingly and willingly content ourselves with believing until believing merges into and becomes one with knowledge. God said : "47.19 Know that there is no god but God." It is not enough to just believe, one should know. Once we have crossed that barrier that separated us from God, we become kind of protected friend of God. Respect and submission against protection and reciprocal love.

We will therefore go "in the footsteps" of God and avoid taking any other way. "6.153. And (He commandeth you, saying) : This is My straight path, so follow it. Follow not other ways, lest ye be parted from His way: This hath He ordained for you, that ye may ward off (evil)."

The problem is, there are a lot of ways, all attributed, rightly or wrongly, to God. Which one should we take? We can’t count the deities to whom man has attributed the privilege of having created the world. Logically, there can be no more than a single creator. When we agree on a single creator, we credit him with several religions or cults. When we agree on one cult we differ as to the details, we speak of multiple versions of the same cult that are all attributed to the same God. Despite wars and disasters that have always been caused by these differences, there are still among us followers of this cult or that one, of this version of the cult or that one. At one point in history, a third of the German population was decimated in religious wars. Yet one of the most influential German political parties still carries the attribute "Christian". Similarly, in England, half of whose history is made of religious wars, it still being said "God Save the Queen". Even the president of the United States say "God Bless America." Even in many of these countries where people fought for the sake of God the common man is still baptized and marries and is buried according to religious rites. Better yet, religion will be more and more important in our lives for at least a century or more. Hijab Day will be recalled as anything but a joke. We must therefore position ourselves in relation to this reality. It's necessary to choose. Whether we have to choose to change or keep one’s father’s religion, it's not always easy. Speaking only for myself, there are many Muslims like me for whom I pass for an ungodly for the simple reason that I do not wear a beard and I dress in a manner other than their own. So what do we do? Well, we choose, each according to one’s personal beliefs, and then we assume our choice. Our choices, active or passive, free or coerced, can move us away from each other as they can bring us together where our human intelligence can only bring us together. When Jewish scientists, for example, are trying, in their writings, to understand or explain the purpose of God, when they talk about the beauty and harmony of the world, they do not stray too far from what would be written on the same subject by a Christian or Muslim scholar, Catholic or Protestant, Sunni or Shiite, of XXI century or the sixteenth century. All want to know this wonderful God before Whom they prostrate themselves willingly in the greatest excitement, unable to imagine how He is or how He could be. They do not care. They are already dazzled by the beauty and magnificence that other mortals do not get to see or do not want to see in this world. It is this quest of Divine knowledge which is the basis of all God’s creation. More than worshiping Him, God wants us to know Him. Because if we know Him we will love Him. God does not forbid us to ask questions. On the contrary, our questions can only lead us to Him. It’s up to us to see what is in us and beyond us.

(...)

Heart Flowers

Heart Flowers: "There is much talk these days of Islamophobia, which is nothing but the result of a form of fear of Islam. As we say, when you don’t know something you fight it."

Yes, and whose fault is that? The ones in the West "who don't know" or those in the East who cause so much suffering and oppression upon their neighbors?

Your whole narrative above speaks of peace and pardon for mankind because we know so little of God and assume so much that is often untrue. And yet, your link is so quick to try to calm us down and remind us Islam is good like other religions are good. Well then it is up to those "good Islam ones" to stop and even destroy the bad ones within. We cannot.

Forum List

Back