I Love how the left Talks about Working Poor!

"Working Poor" is an oxymoronic term.

You're either working, which mean's you're making some kinda profit and thus have money to spend or you're poor, which means you have no income whatsoever.

Can't be both. It's another media buzz word.

The only moron here seems to be you junior.....You can work and be poor....I hope you never live that way but I have.

I reject that notion completely. I have also lived that way and even at my lowest point, I still had a job and could pay my rent and bills. I just didn't have much money left over after that. That's not poor. That's just struggling.

Poor is trying to pay that same stuff with little to no income. Trying and failing, that is.

If you're working, you're nowhere near as poor as you could be. You may be close to it, as we all are, but you're not there. Other people are and to coin a term like "Working poor" shows disrespect for those who are poor not because they won't or don't work, but because they CAN'T work. So again, there's the working and there's the poor, I don't see an in-between there.
Reject my notion?????? Idiot it isnt a notion it is a reality....Hell right now there are millions working hard and not making ends meet.....There are millions working hard and going hungry...There are thousands working hard and sleeping on the street... These my naive ignorant friend are the realities of the working poor. Just cause you have a job doesn't mean you are not poor....It just means you have it slightly worse then those without jobs cause you most likely don't qualify for government assistance.

Public/State civil servants should enter the workforce at the top.................

They deserve it............LOL

Ask any Righty on this board, we will al tell you that we are so much FOR the working poor that we would want to provide them with training and education. That would allow them to become the 'working middle class'.

You want a gov't program that would work? Simple, for adults with a documented record of willingness to work the US gov't SHOULD help to pay for both, their basic bills and their education as long as they can pass a UA and follow the rules of the educational program they are entered in.

The right believes that if you are willing to work to improve your situation, we should be willing to help you improve your situation.

This is just another example of accountability based programs that the right would endorse.

Where we have issue with the working poor - is that they have been trained by the left that adults can work in a convenient store, take a gov't check and spend their evenings blowing our tax dollars on a couple of 40s, a pack of smokes, and a dozen bong hits.

When the gov't is helping you to improve your situation we are for it. When the gov't is providing you with a reason to stay among the working poor, we take issue.

...and you act like it's the people we are taking issue with! The left should be ashamed of itself! If you guys really CARED like you claim to care - you would care to see people become successful rather than care to keep them in the gov't net so you know they will keep voting for the party of 'keep everyone poor'!!

Well,

so what you're saying is that you do support the redistribution of wealth, to some extent,

especially if it gives people a chance...

Seems to me I've been hearing exactly that same sentiment in an old tape that's been going around for the past couple days.

Ask any Righty on this board, we will al tell you that we are so much FOR the working poor that we would want to provide them with training and education. That would allow them to become the 'working middle class'.

You want a gov't program that would work? Simple, for adults with a documented record of willingness to work the US gov't SHOULD help to pay for both, their basic bills and their education as long as they can pass a UA and follow the rules of the educational program they are entered in.

The right believes that if you are willing to work to improve your situation, we should be willing to help you improve your situation.

This is just another example of accountability based programs that the right would endorse.

Where we have issue with the working poor - is that they have been trained by the left that adults can work in a convenient store, take a gov't check and spend their evenings blowing our tax dollars on a couple of 40s, a pack of smokes, and a dozen bong hits.

When the gov't is helping you to improve your situation we are for it. When the gov't is providing you with a reason to stay among the working poor, we take issue.

...and you act like it's the people we are taking issue with! The left should be ashamed of itself! If you guys really CARED like you claim to care - you would care to see people become successful rather than care to keep them in the gov't net so you know they will keep voting for the party of 'keep everyone poor'!!

Well,

so what you're saying is that you do support the redistribution of wealth, to some extent,

Seems to me I've been hearing exactly that same sentiment in an old tape that's been going around for the past couple days.
Redistribution only gives power to the elite you retard it does nothing to help the poor but keep them poor.

They could learn how to leave a decent tip, too. ;)

I swear I'm not referring to black people.

Only a racist would make that connection.

Well,

Redistribution only gives power to the elite you retard it does nothing to help the poor but keep them poor.

So providing a basic education to all American children regardless of their family's ability to pay is what's keeping poor kids in poverty when they grow up.

What's the better plan?

Well,

So providing a basic education to all American children regardless of their family's ability to pay is what's keeping poor kids in poverty when they grow up.

What's the better plan?
Nope it does not... What it does you ignorant fool is make easier to train workforce for the elite....

They could learn how to leave a decent tip, too. ;)

I swear I'm not referring to black people.

Now why would you say that???? You're a liberal, so are you projecting again?

The only moron here seems to be you junior.....You can work and be poor....I hope you never live that way but I have.

I reject that notion completely. I have also lived that way and even at my lowest point, I still had a job and could pay my rent and bills. I just didn't have much money left over after that. That's not poor. That's just struggling.

Poor is trying to pay that same stuff with little to no income. Trying and failing, that is.

If you're working, you're nowhere near as poor as you could be. You may be close to it, as we all are, but you're not there. Other people are and to coin a term like "Working poor" shows disrespect for those who are poor not because they won't or don't work, but because they CAN'T work. So again, there's the working and there's the poor, I don't see an in-between there.
Reject my notion?????? Idiot it isnt a notion it is a reality....Hell right now there are millions working hard and not making ends meet.....There are millions working hard and going hungry...There are thousands working hard and sleeping on the street... These my naive ignorant friend are the realities of the working poor. Just cause you have a job doesn't mean you are not poor....It just means you have it slightly worse then those without jobs cause you most likely don't qualify for government assistance.

I generally do not care what YOU consider reality. Notions and realities are relative and subjective. Just because you believe it so, does not make it so, in my book.

Furthermore, I will not pretend to project what happens in millions of other homes, unlike you. I can only speak for myself and my experiences. And what I've taken from those experiences is that working and being poor are completely different concepts. I'm infinitely better off if I'm even making minimum wage living in a hotel compared to living on the street without a pot to piss in. This is what I mean when I say there is a disparity between working and being poor.

Bottom-line: A working person has money to spend, a poor person does not.

It's amusing how you fail to understand such a elementary REALITY (see what I did there?) :lol:

And you have the gumption to call me "ignorant".

I generally do not care what YOU consider reality. Notions and realities are relative and subjective. Just because you believe it so, does not make it so, in my book.

Furthermore, I will not pretend to project what happens in millions of other homes, unlike you. I can only speak for myself and my experiences. And what I've taken from those experiences is that working and being poor are completely different concepts. I'm infinitely better off if I'm even making minimum wage living in a hotel compared to living on the street without a pot to piss in. This is what I mean when I say there is a disparity between working and being poor.

It's amusing how you fail to understand such a elementary REALITY (see what I did there?) :lol:

You must be young or had mommy and daddy give you everything.

If you're on the internet, you are not poor.

Really? they couldn't be at the library or a McDonalds?

Highly unlikely they would be at the library using the internet to post on a message board but more to look for jobs maybe or to search for govt. programs for free shit.

I wasn't aware that McDonalds had public internet access.

Is it no wonder the poor vote democrat????? You make us conservative look bad with your ignorant stereo typing. You can help the poor better by treating with the respect you would want from them then by telling them they are lazy and stupid.

Really? they couldn't be at the library or a McDonalds?

Highly unlikely they would be at the library using the internet to post on a message board but more to look for jobs maybe or to search for govt. programs for free shit.

Is it no wonder the poor vote democrat????? You make us conservative look bad with your ignorant stereo typing. You can help the poor better by treating with the respect you would want from them then by telling them they are lazy and stupid.

Stereotyping is ONE word.

Respect does not put food on the table. If they wanted respect they would get off their dead asses and go to work. I see help wanted signs all over the City of Houston and even in the small town where I live there are people looking to hire for various positions.

Bottom line is, there are a number of "poor" people that choose to live off govt. cheese and they're perfectly content.

You sound like a typical bleeding heart liberal.

Respect does not put food on the table. If they wanted respect they would get off their dead asses and go to work. I see help wanted signs all over the City of Houston and even in the small town where I live there are people looking to hire for various positions.

Bottom line is, there are a number of "poor" people that choose to live off govt. cheese and they're perfectly content.

I sound like a American who understands the reality of the world....I dont hate the people I hate the situation that made them poor and dependent.....By the way one of the HUGE factors in the number of Poor working or otherwise is big education.....They have made it to hard to get a job and work your way up....Not everyone can afford to go in debt for life for a job when they can make more AFTER costs working at McDonalds.

I sound like a American who understands the reality of the world....I dont hate the people I hate the situation that made them poor and dependent.....By the way one of the HUGE factors in the number of Poor working or otherwise is big education.....They have made it to hard to get a job and work your way up....Not everyone can afford to go in debt for life for a job when they can make more AFTER costs working at McDonalds.

You're delusional.

Who has made it hard for whom to get a job and work their way up?

No one is stopping anyone from getting a job and no one is keeping anyone from excelling at their job.

And who said anything about "hate"?

You're delusional.

Who has made it hard for whom to get a job and work their way up?

No one is stopping anyone from getting a job and no one is keeping anyone from excelling at their job.

And who said anything about "hate"?
No one is stopping me they are making it harder...Geez like regulations make it harder....Damn you are being slow....By the way insulting a people cause of their financial situation is hate...Sorry but thats the way i see it.

You must be young or had mommy and daddy give you everything.

So in other words, you can't refute my argument.

Thanks for your concession of defeat.

Forum List

Back