I Love how the left Talks about Working Poor!

See, these conservates that you guys paint as haters --- sit around and discuss how to improve things for the needy --- just like you lefties do!!

The only difference is that we want a level of accountabilty --- you just want to hate the rich guy...

I want to see good people do good things!

That's not fair. You guys have decided that democrats hate the rich, even though there are MANY rich democrats. That doesn't add up. If you didn't insist on generalizing about that you would see it's not rich people that democrats have a problem with, it's the system that is geared towards helping the rich. Big difference.

You are purposely missing the point and taking us off task again. Everyone should pay income tax -- maybe they only pay $130.00 on 13K of income --- maybe it's just $10.. that isn't the issue! The issue is that there should be expectation of EVERYONE to contribute.

Don't make this about rich and poor --- make it about helping people to become successful.

They already do contribute - a lot. They contribute to the very programs that help them to live a life of dignity after a lifetime of working and the right wants to take that away (and keep in mind millionaires don't even pay into those for the most part). And it's very much about rich and poor. Who has a bigger voice, since the only voice that matters now is money? It ain't the poor - I can sure as shit tell you that, and the system is stacked against them as it is. The right would like to stack it even more so. Seriously, what red state would you see voting for a tax for something like this... or is it a federal program?

Of course it's a federal program - Get rid of welfare and replace it with accountabilty-fare.

See, these conservates that you guys paint as haters --- sit around and discuss how to improve things for the needy --- just like you lefties do!!

The only difference is that we want a level of accountabilty --- you just want to hate the rich guy...

I want to see good people do good things!

That's not fair. You guys have decided that democrats hate the rich, even though there are MANY rich democrats. That doesn't add up. If you didn't insist on generalizing about that you would see it's not rich people that democrats have a problem with, it's the system that is geared towards helping the rich. Big difference.

Darn right it doesn't add up. People shunning the same capitalistic system that provides them wealth... Only one reason to be a rich democrat --- you want to keep the poor reliant on the gov't to keep lining your pockets with wealth. If everyone who chooses to try is able to become at least somewhat successful then there would never be enough dems to elect a president.

The Democrats COUNT on people not being able to make it without help from the gov't. why do you think every program they create suffocates success and turns more of the middle class into poor?

Just like Obamacare --- who is gonna pay for it? The middle class! Now all the people at the bottom of the middle class have to pay a 2K fine (or 7K insurance) pushing them down into the lower class, needing more gov't assistance enabling them to pay their bills....

The dems always talk about how they are for the little guy --- well, the rich dems love all these programs that hurt the little guy --- while out of the other side of their mouth they tell you they are for the little guy - and republicans, who are trying to get the little guy to lift himself up, are really that bad guys....

Pathetic game...

You mean something like this? Many states have these. Guess whose budgets get cut when it's crunch time? Yep, programs like this. But Wal-Mart will still get its tax breaks...

Apprenticeship - New York State Department of Labor

That is a great program for New York. The problem with NY is they are already texed to death from all their liberal programs. On the other hand, all the people in NY ASKED for all the crap they got. They wouldn;t have to make cuts if they would have created accountabilty based programs to begin with.

Exactly, plenty of scenarios that need to be considered.

Indeed! They all need a fair shot --- it needs to be controlled by their effort though --- no effort - no money! Break the law - no money! Do drugs -- No money!! Fail classes - NO Money!!! - don't show up --- No money!

ACCOUNTABILTY!!

Sounds great. I don't see how that can be easily done however.

You think fixing this fiscal mess we have is gonna be easy - you better check yourself -- we are all in for hard times (rich and poor), if we are gonna fix the massive spending issue we already have in our gov't.

From were I sit we can't afford to not DEMAND accountabilty of every penny the fed gov't spends. Accountabilty from both recipients and those spending the money too...

There can be no more spending $500K per green job. No more stimulous spending where the money isn;t trackable or ends up in some general fund where the gov't decides at a later date where they want to invest the cash.

American poor people ARE NOT lazy.

Asshole.

I never said they were...

I'm saying it's stupid for them to have to work hard and get nothing for it!

You obviously aren;t paying attention -- jump in the middle --- and attack people who are trying to do a good thing!

Of course you probably realizeexactly what you are doing.

Why look to fix the problem when you can show that you would rather further split the nation.... Don't you think it's about time we look to work together to improve things?

Obama has all this hate coming from the left - claiming that the right is full of hate --- It's lies... We aren't full of ANY hate. We want things to improve for EVERYONE who is willing to try.

What have righties done to help the working poor?

- Blocked their right to unionize
- Blocked access to affordable healthcare
- Blocked low cost student loans
- Blocked childcare assistance
- Blocked increases to the minimum wage

I can see why the working poor flock to vote Republican

You can't stay on topic can you? Or you just like working in a nowhere job taking my money to get drunk and stoned --- and then bitching how life is soooo unfair...

pathetic losers

You have proof of your assertions? The working poor WAS the topic, was it not? Rightwinger was just showing that historically speaking.....you're full of shit.

Or, in your mind....is "staying on topic" simply nodding, drooling and blindly agreeing with you? Sorry buddy, a DEBATE normally has two sides....too fucking bad if the other side tore you a new asshole in one post. Perhaps you ought to think things through before you start a thread that is so easily shredded.

The working poor need a higher minimum wage and living benefits............

To price even more of them out of the workforce..........

No -- the free market needs to set employee cost - jobs will price themselves fairly as the market dictates ---- when an employer can't hire a person for $7.65 to do the work --- he will raise salaries ---

any other soultion will just raise the costs of goods and services --- it doesn't work!

Here's where this bullshit falls apart....when you have 6-9 applicants for every available position.....that puts all of the power in the employer's hands....that means THEY control the market.....add the issue of outsourcing, or even the THREAT of outsourcing, and you have exactly the OPPOSITE of the market deciding....you have strongarm tactics that put people in unsustainable positions.

How about this? Employers either "trickle down" or they lose all the breaks that they've gotten since Reagan....Then we wouldn't need nearly as many Government subsidies for the working poor.

What have righties done to help the working poor?

- Blocked their right to unionize
- Blocked access to affordable healthcare
- Blocked low cost student loans
- Blocked childcare assistance
- Blocked increases to the minimum wage

I can see why the working poor flock to vote Republican

You can't stay on topic can you? Or you just like working in a nowhere job taking my money to get drunk and stoned --- and then bitching how life is soooo unfair...

pathetic losers

You have proof of your assertions? The working poor WAS the topic, was it not? Rightwinger was just showing that historically speaking.....you're full of shit.

Or, in your mind....is "staying on topic" simply nodding, drooling and blindly agreeing with you? Sorry buddy, a DEBATE normally has two sides....too fucking bad if the other side tore you a new asshole in one post. Perhaps you ought to think things through before you start a thread that is so easily shredded.

Nice ANGRY post...

The topic is pointing out exactly what that dipshit did. Instead of listening to good idea on how to improve things and discussing pros and cons --- he goes back to talking about how the right hates the poor.

Everything on his list is counterproductive to helping the poor into the middle class --- in the opinions of the people on the right. We obviously are not going to agree on:

Unions
Socialized medicine
student loans hidden in socialized medicine
childcare assistance
increases to the minimum wage

As far as we are concerned, all the things in that list should be personal responsibility. Now if you want to talk about how to make it possible for people to take care of those things as a matter of their personal responsibility we can have a discussion.

I provide all of those things on my own and so can they. All they need are the tools to make it happen and the willingness to try. That is all I had...

The working poor need a higher minimum wage and living benefits............

To price even more of them out of the workforce..........

No -- the free market needs to set employee cost - jobs will price themselves fairly as the market dictates ---- when an employer can't hire a person for $7.65 to do the work --- he will raise salaries ---

any other soultion will just raise the costs of goods and services --- it doesn't work!

Here's where this bullshit falls apart....when you have 6-9 applicants for every available position.....that puts all of the power in the employer's hands....that means THEY control the market.....add the issue of outsourcing, or even the THREAT of outsourcing, and you have exactly the OPPOSITE of the market deciding....you have strongarm tactics that put people in unsustainable positions.

How about this? Employers either "trickle down" or they lose all the breaks that they've gotten since Reagan....Then we wouldn't need nearly as many Government subsidies for the working poor.

It's not bullshit - it's a desire to fix the problems that the poor face in this Nation -- it may be busshit to you --- I guess you don;t really care about helping the poor after all.

The lack of jobs is a problem. We need more jobs - you want to havwe a discussion about how to increase the number of jobs we can have that --- start a new thread...

This one is about giving the poor who are willing to work a shot at qualifying for jobs that will pay their bills so they can become self reliant.

pathetic losers

Nice ANGRY post...

The topic is pointing out exactly what that dipshit did. Instead of listening to good idea on how to improve things and discussing pros and cons --- he goes back to talking about how the right hates the poor.

Everything on his list is counterproductive to helping the poor into the middle class --- in the opinions of the people on the right. We obviously are not going to agree on:

Unions
Socialized medicine
student loans hidden in socialized medicine
childcare assistance
increases to the minimum wage

As far as we are concerned, all the things in that list should be personal responsibility. Now if you want to talk about how to make it possible for people to take care of those things as a matter of their personal responsibility we can have a discussion.

I provide all of those things on my own and so can they. All they need are the tools to make it happen and the willingness to try. That is all I had...

You do everything in your power to prevent people from moving up from working poor status. No rights to organize, no ability to obtain a college education, minimum salaries with no chance for advancement

American poor people ARE NOT lazy.

Asshole.

I never said they were...

I'm saying it's stupid for them to have to work hard and get nothing for it!

You obviously aren;t paying attention -- jump in the middle --- and attack people who are trying to do a good thing!

Of course you probably realizeexactly what you are doing.

Why look to fix the problem when you can show that you would rather further split the nation.... Don't you think it's about time we look to work together to improve things?

Obama has all this hate coming from the left - claiming that the right is full of hate --- It's lies... We aren't full of ANY hate. We want things to improve for EVERYONE who is willing to try.

What are you 12????? Of course you work hard to get what you want! Thats how we made this country....There are no short cuts...Thats a progressives tactic.

"Working Poor" is an oxymoronic term.

You're either working, which mean's you're making some kinda profit and thus have money to spend or you're poor, which means you have no income whatsoever.

Can't be both. It's another media buzz word.

The only moron here seems to be you junior.....You can work and be poor....I hope you never live that way but I have.

"Working Poor" is an oxymoronic term.

You're either working, which mean's you're making some kinda profit and thus have money to spend or you're poor, which means you have no income whatsoever.

Can't be both. It's another media buzz word.

The only moron here seems to be you junior.....You can work and be poor....I hope you never live that way but I have.

I reject that notion completely. I have also lived that way and even at my lowest point, I still had a job and could pay my rent and bills. I just didn't have much money left over after that. That's not poor. That's just struggling.

Poor is trying to pay that same stuff with little to no income. Trying and failing, that is.

If you're working, you're nowhere near as poor as you could be. You may be close to it, as we all are, but you're not there. Other people are and to coin a term like "Working poor" shows disrespect for those who are poor not because they won't or don't work, but because they CAN'T work. So again, there's the working and there's the poor, I don't see an in-between there.

Forum List

Back