I Love how the left Talks about Working Poor!

I have no problem with the drug testing, but the work history....what about someone who is disabled, elderly, or what if someone is unemployed and can't find regular work?

Or a divorced housewife entering the workforce for the first time out of necessity? Or a high school drop-out trying to turn his life around... or the recovering addict? What about those people?

a Divorced house wife should be able to take advantage of the same program --- again, we are ALL FOR helping people who intend to improve their lives.

High-school dropout should have an opportunity to get GED and move forward from there --- no righty would disagree with that!

Recovering addicts - need a more strict environment -- but they should certainly be helped in their effort to join the middle class --- same program benefits more strict drug testing.

The working poor need a higher minimum wage and living benefits............

To price even more of them out of the workforce..........

I have no problem with the drug testing, but the work history....what about someone who is disabled, elderly, or what if someone is unemployed and can't find regular work?

Disabled fall into disability -- has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Elderly is the same thing -- if they need programs specific to their needs --- I'm for it.

I would rather spend money on investigators to ensure that there is nobody taking advantage of the system than to give money to people who are talking advantage of the system.

Show me some percentages..........I want to know who and how many are taking advantage of the system. And what percentage they represent of the people receiving benefits.

Sounds like you have some work to do --- you are in charge of feasability --- get us those numbers!

The working poor dont need Training and education...Thats just bullshit. What they need is fucking JOBS....Use to be a employer TRAINED his employees...Hey guess what??? They still do and what does the employee get from education mostly?????100,000 in debt for something to be put on a resume....No college grad knows how to work straight out of college UNLESS he/she was a intern in the field they wanted....Why???? Cause a class room cant teach you a job. Nothing wrong with education if you want it but I dont fall for the lie that you cant do a job without it....Unless your doctor or other really high skilled professions you can learn the job from working the job and yes that includes being a lawyer.

Well, what you are describing there sounds like a local issue. Not sure Why somebody in New York should be required to cover the problems created by the specific problems in Kentucky. Sounds to me like Kentucky needs to reevaluate their situation and solve it on a local level.

...and I live in a small town - rural area --- My church helps those type people all the time. I would much rather handle those problems in my town than get the federal gov't involved. It's not really something that a bunch of Washington beurocrats can appreciate to begin with.

Because my folks are from Appalachia, and are the very people Mittens denigrated in his little $50,000.00 rant. The church can't do everything, especially in small, modest communities where no-one makes much. And we're talking about taxes here - no matter where you live. Do you really think someone making $13K a year on minimum wage, because that's all they can find, should have to pay income taxes? Or my grandmother who got a whopping $608 a month from SS to live on plus an offensive $108 pension after working for 40 years (she is a woman after all). SHE should be forced to pay more so Mittens can lower the taxes on the wealthy again? Nice.

The working poor need a higher minimum wage and living benefits............

To price even more of them out of the workforce..........

No -- the free market needs to set employee cost - jobs will price themselves fairly as the market dictates ---- when an employer can't hire a person for $7.65 to do the work --- he will raise salaries ---

any other soultion will just raise the costs of goods and services --- it doesn't work!

Or a divorced housewife entering the workforce for the first time out of necessity? Or a high school drop-out trying to turn his life around... or the recovering addict? What about those people?

What about these individual circumstances imposes an obligation on the part of anyone to do anything for them?

You tell me how is it that you know how I feel better than I know how I feel?

Exactly, you can't. --- and he is not on topic at all. Once again - hate from the left stops us from accomplishing something good...

You assume that you know conservatives want to make things hard on people --- There just is NO TRUTH TO IT WHATSOEVER!

The private sector is doing everything in its power to drive down wages. It's true.

What have righties done to help the working poor?

- Blocked their right to unionize
- Blocked access to affordable healthcare
- Blocked low cost student loans
- Blocked childcare assistance
- Blocked increases to the minimum wage

I can see why the working poor flock to vote Republican

You can't stay on topic can you? Or you just like working in a nowhere job taking my money to get drunk and stoned --- and then bitching how life is soooo unfair...

pathetic losers

This is the topic

Republicans have done everything in their power to maintain a population of low cost, disposable workers

well shit, why should someone work if they are PROVIDED all that..
MY GAWD you have the MONEY tree hidden somewhere

Last edited:
A Divorced house wife should be able to take advantage of the same program --- again, we are ALL FOR helping people who intend to improve their lives.

High-school dropout should have an opportunity to get GED and move forward from there --- no righty would disagree with that!

Recovering addicts - need a more strict environment -- but they should certainly be helped in their effort to join the middle class --- same program benefits more strict drug testing.

Simple, they show a work history -- to a standard (negotiable) - and a clean UA --- if you have shown no effort you don't qualify for the program. Mind you - and this is where the left will get mad --- if you show no effort and can't pee clean --- you get no tax dollars...

You said that unless they have a job history, they are ineligible... so which is it?

Last edited:
Well, what you are describing there sounds like a local issue. Not sure Why somebody in New York should be required to cover the problems created by the specific problems in Kentucky. Sounds to me like Kentucky needs to reevaluate their situation and solve it on a local level.

...and I live in a small town - rural area --- My church helps those type people all the time. I would much rather handle those problems in my town than get the federal gov't involved. It's not really something that a bunch of Washington beurocrats can appreciate to begin with.

Because my folks are from Appalachia, and are the very people Mittens denigrated in his little $50,000.00 rant. The church can't do everything, especially in small, modest communities where no-one makes much. And we're talking about taxes here - no matter where you live. Do you really think someone making $13K a year on minimum wage, because that's all they can find, should have to pay income taxes? Or my grandmother who got a whopping $608 a month from SS to live on plus an offensive $108 pension after working for 40 years (she is a woman after all). SHE should be forced to pay more so Mittens can lower the taxes on the wealthy again? Nice.

You are ignoring everything I said....

and now you are talking about Mitt Romney? What does he have to do with this?

---and yes EVERYONE should pay taxes --- They should benefit from local programs to cover needs created by local circumstances. --- not the Church -- local government --- I was just using the church to illustrate that I see these issues in my day to day life and DO HAVE COMPASSION for them.

---and yes EVERYONE should pay taxes --- They should benefit from local programs to cover needs created by local circumstances. --- not the Church -- local government --- I was just using the church to illustrate that I see these issues in my day to day life and DO HAVE COMPASSION for them.

THEY ALREADY DO PAY TAXES!!! And lots of them. And a higher percentage of their income than a certain millionaire we will not name. And I mentioned him because of his disdain for the very people you are talking about.

No one on the right has any interest in helping these people. They just want to tax them more. That's what makes this thread such delicious irony.

Last edited:

Exactly, plenty of scenarios that need to be considered.

What about these individual circumstances imposes an obligation on the part of anyone to do anything for them?

If you don't help people who are looking to help themselves - they WILL become lawless... If you close doors on people they wither become self relieant or they become criminals --- we can either help them to become part of the problem or part of the solution.

THEY ALREADY DO PAY TAXES!!! And lots of them. And a higher percentage of their income than a certain millionaire we will not name. And I mentioned him because of his disdain for the very people you are talking about.

No one on the right has any interest in helping these people. They just want to tax them more. That's what makes this thread such delicious irony.

You are purposely missing the point and taking us off task again. Everyone should pay income tax -- maybe they only pay $130.00 on 13K of income --- maybe it's just $10.. that isn't the issue! The issue is that there should be expectation of EVERYONE to contribute.

Don't make this about rich and poor --- make it about helping people to become successful.

Indeed! They all need a fair shot --- it needs to be controlled by their effort though --- no effort - no money! Break the law - no money! Do drugs -- No money!! Fail classes - NO Money!!! - don't show up --- No money!

ACCOUNTABILTY!!

See, these conservates that you guys paint as haters --- sit around and discuss how to improve things for the needy --- just like you lefties do!!

The only difference is that we want a level of accountabilty --- you just want to hate the rich guy...

I want to see good people do good things!

Indeed! They all need a fair shot --- it needs to be controlled by their effort though --- no effort - no money! Break the law - no money! Do drugs -- No money!! Fail classes - NO Money!!! - don't show up --- No money!

ACCOUNTABILTY!!

Sounds great. I don't see how that can be easily done however.

You are purposely missing the point and taking us off task again. Everyone should pay income tax -- maybe they only pay $130.00 on 13K of income --- maybe it's just $10.. that isn't the issue! The issue is that there should be expectation of EVERYONE to contribute.

Don't make this about rich and poor --- make it about helping people to become successful.

They already do contribute - a lot. They contribute to the very programs that help them to live a life of dignity after a lifetime of working and the right wants to take that away (and keep in mind millionaires don't even pay into those for the most part). And it's very much about rich and poor. Who has a bigger voice, since the only voice that matters now is money? It ain't the poor - I can sure as shit tell you that, and the system is stacked against them as it is. The right would like to stack it even more so. Seriously, what red state would you see voting for a tax for something like this... or is it a federal program?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back