I love Christmas music, but I hate Christmastime.

I love it all except the soap-on-a-rope that reappears every year...hmmm!

Last edited:
I find the idea of Christmas and the memories far more appealing and a lot less annoying than the actual holiday itself.

• Banned
Do what I do, ignore the 'junk'. It's a religious occasion, not a competition to spend the most money or get the best presents.

I do ignore it, but it still bugs me. I was a broke single dad for a lot of the years I was in the military and the pressure to give my kids a "good" Christmas was crazy. I would take my kids the Toys-R-Us on Dec 27th to pick out toys from the opened/returned piles, 50% off. My family thought this was the worse thing in the world, to deprive my kids of Christmas morning.

I love the songs, but hate the crowds and the pressure to buy junk no one needs. It's all a big scam and if you say no you are considered a Grinch.

We can agree on this one, Salt.

Shit, my wife was in tears at the thought of not being able to afford shopping this Friday.

I love all the music, the lights, the Spirit, the family, the food, and even the slightly cooler weather, but I stay away from shopping centers and malls.

• Banned
I love the songs, but hate the crowds and the pressure to buy junk no one needs. It's all a big scam and if you say no you are considered a Grinch.

We can agree on this one, Salt.

Shit, my wife was in tears at the thought of not being able to afford shopping this Friday.

I love all the music, the lights, the Spirit, the family, the food, and even the slightly cooler weather, but I stay away from shopping centers and malls.

My neighbor won't pay for his kid to go to community college, but he got a part time job to pay for Christmas. I don't understand.

There is a little boy where I teach who was wearing shorts all week last week. I told him he needs to wear his pants since it's so cold outside now. He told me he didn't have any pants.

The family hardly has enough money for food, let alone clothes. I doubt without our help (the teachers) he'll have any presents.

Be thankful for what you CAN do, and be glad your kids have food and clothes. And if you have some extra $$ this year, go buy some kid a toy who may not get one.

Thanks.

it is like peeking into a 3rd world board.

:(

no pants?

Yep.....his second grade teacher and I bought him clothes and toys, and her family and mine are going to 'adopt' his family for Christmas to get them all food, clothes and toys.

A lot of families like that here, sadly.

There is a little boy where I teach who was wearing shorts all week last week. I told him he needs to wear his pants since it's so cold outside now. He told me he didn't have any pants.

The family hardly has enough money for food, let alone clothes. I doubt without our help (the teachers) he'll have any presents.

Be thankful for what you CAN do, and be glad your kids have food and clothes. And if you have some extra $$ this year, go buy some kid a toy who may not get one.

Thanks.

We'll have a big enough Christmas.
With 4 kids, 10 grands, and 2 new great-grands, it's hard not to.
Just won;t be shopping *on* "Black Friday".

Our local Salvation Army puts up "Angel Trees" all around the county.
We take all the kids around to each and every one and pull 2 kids' names off each tree and buy their Christmas wishlist.
:eusa_shhh:

Salt, your problem is that your Christmas is all about you. Or your effort to make it all about you. Make it about someone else, and you will enjoy it a lot more!

Salt, your problem is that your Christmas is all about you. Or your effort to make it all about you. Make it about someone else, and you will enjoy it a lot more!

I do make it about someone else, my kids, and I make sure they know not to waste money buying stuff they don't need and can't afford. I also make sure they know that Jesus wasn't born in December and rely on yourself.

Thanks.
Or, take as much food as you can afford, or cut a check to the local food bank. Or contribute to Toys For Tots.

We do it every year.

And if you wanna feel really good about helping others who truly need it, contribute in the link below to one of the best charities out there that are truly making a difference:

Home - Wounded Warrior Project

Ahhhhh, come on SaltPeter, just be honest. You don't like shopping in those crowds, 'cause there be white peoples and shit.:evil:

Besides, I figured you as the Kwanzaa type.:eusa_whistle:

It's funny, cuz I enjoy the Christmas time season, but absolutely HATE the Christmas music. 98% of the songs are so antiquated and sound ridiculous now. Plus all the "old time" singers ie. Burl Ives, etc. just can't stand their voices or the music. It's fucking awful, IMO.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXj22WAiDPM]Joe Satriani Silent Night Holy Night - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Km7_QYpSoo&feature=related]Steve Vai - Christmas Time Is Here - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NarGvutAKAI&feature=related]Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - Kenny Wayne Shepherd - YouTube[/ame]

Ahhhhh, come on SaltPeter, just be honest. You don't like shopping in those crowds, 'cause there be white peoples and shit.:evil:

Besides, I figured you as the Kwanzaa type.:eusa_whistle:

Nope. Karenga was a snitch for J. Edgar and I see the crowds as fools going into debt to buy shit they can't afford, as they cry about the government's bad fiscal housekeeping.

All I see are suckers who fall for advertising.

Forum List

Back