I have a question for those of you smarter than me about the economy...

You really didnt even answer any of the things i said!

U said insurance makes bank failures fine, i said insurance just moves around the loss.

I said investment banks help to fund commercial banks, and you just said nothing.

Stop crying like a rick perry little bitch and debate the topic.

Why exactly do you think its just fine to liquidate a bank?

If wed had just liquidated every bank and shadow bank that failed we would be in serious trouble right now.

You are truly among the most ill-informed posters here. You can't tell the difference between an investment bank and a commercial bank. That is pitiful. There is no debating someone with such a pitiful store of misinformation. I simply pity you and hope you are somehow barred from voting.

U said insurance makes bank failures fine, i said insurance just moves around the loss.

I said investment banks help to fund commercial banks, and you just said nothing.

If wed had just liquidated every bank and shadow bank that failed we would be in serious trouble right now.

You are truly among the most ill-informed posters here. You can't tell the difference between an investment bank and a commercial bank. That is pitiful. There is no debating someone with such a pitiful store of misinformation. I simply pity you and hope you are somehow barred from voting.

Wow.

No matter how many times i explain how an investment bank and a commercial bank are different, it just doesnt get through the bubble.

Alright man. You can just go away now.

Wow.

No matter how many times i explain how an investment bank and a commercial bank are different, it just doesnt get through the bubble.

Alright man. You can just go away now.

You repeat mindlessly something i had to teach you. Lehman Bros was not a commercial bank. I had to point that out to you. Because you are too fucking stupid and ill informed to know on your own.
Dismissed.

Using big type does not make your post more believable. Actually less. Much less.
We can start with, Lehman Bros was not a bank but a brokerage.

" Before declaring bankruptcy in 2008, Lehman was the fourth largest investment bank in the USA (behind Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Merrill Lynch)" - Lehman Brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Lehman Brothers was founded in 1850 by two cotton brokers in Montgomery, Ala. The firm moved to New York City after the Civil War and grew into one of Wall Street's investment giants. On Sept. 14, 2008, the investment bank announced that it would file for liquidation after huge losses in the mortgage market and a loss of investor confidence crippled it and it was unable to find a buyer." - Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. News - The New York Times

"A year ago today, the venerable investment-banking firm Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy protection" - Three Lessons of the Lehman Brothers Collapse - TIME

Those are just the first three links on google you fucking idiot. Lehmans was a investment bank you moron.

That is me, telling you repeatedly that Lehman Brothers is an investment bank.

Now tell me again i thought lehman was a commercial bank.

Are you really this stupid or are you trying to lie?

Using big type does not make your post more believable. Actually less. Much less.
We can start with, Lehman Bros was not a bank but a brokerage.

" Before declaring bankruptcy in 2008, Lehman was the fourth largest investment bank in the USA (behind Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Merrill Lynch)" - Lehman Brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Lehman Brothers was founded in 1850 by two cotton brokers in Montgomery, Ala. The firm moved to New York City after the Civil War and grew into one of Wall Street's investment giants. On Sept. 14, 2008, the investment bank announced that it would file for liquidation after huge losses in the mortgage market and a loss of investor confidence crippled it and it was unable to find a buyer." - Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. News - The New York Times

"A year ago today, the venerable investment-banking firm Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy protection" - Three Lessons of the Lehman Brothers Collapse - TIME

Those are just the first three links on google you fucking idiot. Lehmans was a investment bank you moron.

OK soyou didnt write this:
ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID???!?!?!?!?

Lemhan Brothers was leveraged at 33:1 when it collapsed.

How the fuck could a bank have leverage it its not using the fractional reserve deposit system????

Idiot!!!!!
You clearly think Lehman was leveraging its commercial deposits through fractional reserves, which only commercial banks do. You clearly did not understand that Lehman was not a bank at all but a brokerage account. Other posters here told you exactly how lehman leveraged its assets, nothing to do with banking at all.
I wouldn't call anyone an idiot if I had a record like yours.
You are dumber than squirrels.

How the fuck could a bank have leverage it its not using the fractional reserve deposit system????

Idiot!!!!!
You clearly think Lehman was leveraging its commercial deposits through fractional reserves, which only commercial banks do. You clearly did not understand that Lehman was not a bank at all but a brokerage account. Other posters here told you exactly how lehman leveraged its assets, nothing to do with banking at all.

Are you serious? With a record like mine? Alright sonny.

You've shown me nothing of intelligence. Nothing at all. The central point remains.

Besides, your the one that constantly maintained lehmans brothers wasnt an investment bank. I think ive made it clear a very many times in many posts exactly what an investment bank was and that lehmans was an investment bank.

Idiot!!!!!

You've shown me nothing of intelligence. Nothing at all. The central point remains.

Besides, your the one that constantly maintained lehmans brothers wasnt an investment bank. I think ive made it clear a very many times in many posts exactly what an investment bank was and that lehmans was an investment bank.

You either can't read or are whacked out on crack. Possibly both.
I showed your post where you think Lehman was a commercial bank. What more do you want?
Pitiful.

You either can't read or are whacked out on crack. Possibly both.
I showed your post where you think Lehman was a commercial bank. What more do you want?
Pitiful.
The progress is very SLOW. Things are better, but not MUCH better.

Macroeconomic forecasting is notoriously unreliable. No one can say with certainty that the economy will recover by a certain time.

Amen!
Agreed, and Murk may know as much about some areas of the economy as any other individual posting.

I am 100% convinced that our current fearless leader in Washington understands macroeconomics a hell of a lot less than Murk understands macroeconomics. Either that, or the damage he has been doing/promoting is intentional.

The economy will improve when government removes the obstacles it has placed in the way of improvement and when government gets out of the way and allows the private sector to do what the private sector does best: create real jobs that provide goods and services that real people need, want, and will pay for. Government jobs and programs can't do that because government takes a dollar out of the economy for every dollar it puts in. The private sector create multiple dollars for each dollar it invests.

The economy will improve when we believe that it will improve.

Last edited:
Your remodeling business willl decline. Few eople can afford luxury now. They were to greedy built "gret room" that take a ton of money to heat or cool. No remodeling has been done wih any intention of being eco friendly, fuel efficiant, solar capable, or any cutting edge tech , to make homes way more energy saving, like solar heating hot water, what improvements have we had in building except how many square feet is your home compared to my home. If I seem cynical , I am because I do not like the direction of mass production soulless production system of manufactfure on economy we have created, building industry , one of the worst, new construction especially

Forum List

Back